Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You obviously dont know to balance. When I feel I play too much I go do something else and come back. Some people can endure more, know many people who got 100k AP or done all the WQ and still playing.

Burns through content then says there is no content. wut.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Try playing for 1 or 2 hours a day like a normal healthy person.

OP thinks Blizzard can produce new content at the same rate that he plays through it.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Try playing for 1 or 2 hours a day like a normal healthy person.

OP thinks Blizzard can produce new content at the same rate that he plays through it.
    This smart fellow found your problem, OP.

Most normal people are having a blast and finding themselves almost overwhelmed at what lies ahead of them despite raids not even having opened yet. And don't even get me started on making alts..

10+ Year Old Account
    300 WQ. O_o

I doN't even have the "do 50 WQ" achievement. Take it easy, man.

That being said: I do dislike the mission table. Esp since the app doesn't work on my phone.

As for the emissary boxes: Most of mine are completely empty. Nothing in chat when I open them, no gold, no loot not even order resources.

Certainly a bummer there.

Yes, not taking things in moderation can kill the fun. The amount you've played would make anything less fun.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-09-10 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Feeling the same way. Once you unlock 3rd artifact relic slot, get 840+ ilvl, there really isn't anything to do until you can step foot into a raid.
    There are plenty of things to do like prof,mounts,pvp,etc. It's about what you want to do.

Deleted
    Even with hardcore grinding i don't get the OP's problem.

I leveled 2 chars, geared them both to 850+, i took 2 weeks off and have played almost 24/7 since launch.
    Yet i haven't even done half of the stuff there is to do yet. Still got trinkets to pursue, do AP/Gold WQ's, emmisaries, getting some 3star recipes, loads of the enw achievements. Haven't even stepped into pvp yet and got a few other classes to level. Haven't done most of the achievements yet.

You can't complain about a lack of content atm because there is no lack of content. If you don't like the content, sure, maybe MMO's are just not for you, but no content? please.

Feeling the same way. Once you unlock 3rd artifact relic slot, get 840+ ilvl, there really isn't anything to do until you can step foot into a raid.
    Uh what? You could start by getting to 850+ item level.
    840 with the third relic is slacking.

Anyway, even if you were in BIS gear pre-raid there is still all the other things to do in the game that aren't pve character progression.

Open your eyes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    Pre-Rant: If you're currently enjoying the game and want to keep playing, that's fine. I'm not saying the game is bad or not fun overall but I'm not having fun.

I was super hyped for the launch and to finally get out of Draenor. I had a lot of fun doing invasions for a while and alts that were going to dungeon grind finally had something else to do. I've done Loremaster on a couple of characters so the appeal of questing on them wasn't there for me.

I'm blessed to live in an area with Time Warner Cable and they do this fun thing where there's a service outage a couple times a week in the early AM for a few hours, so I wasn't able to play right at launch. I started late Tuesday morning and had a blast with it. However, it's become stale to me already and I can't see myself doing this until the launch of 7.1.

Leveling

On point. One of the best experiences I've had. The cut scenes are great, the zones don't take too long and even High Mountain's "how the fuck do I get there?!" moments weren't too bad. I collected every treasure that was on the map and killed every single rare. I wasn't in a rush to get to 110. The people that did rush had no one to do heroics with, excluding the top competitive guilds.

World Quests

This is where I started to feel burnt out. I've done 300 of them and they feel lacking. They're basically quests you've already done and rares you've already killed plus they share a lot of similarities with the Diablo 3 bounty system. With Diablo 3's bounty systems though, I know I'm going to get something of worth, even if it's just a few crafting materials. Every single day, I did the emissary quests and got resources from that damn box.

Not one time did I see gold, a blood or anything other than resources. Before I bought gear just to collect appearances, I had 60k resources. The majority of the missions are either a little bit of gold or some AP, which is nice considering at level 18, you need 24,000 artifact power to get another trait.

Mission Table

For some reason, this thing is back. The good thing I have to say about it, is it's nothing like the Warlords of Draenor mission table. You have a limited number of followers but at the same time, there are similarities. Your introduction to your class is gated through this thing via 10 hour missions. There's two sets of these so people are setting their alarms to actually do these as quickly as possible. Some of the missions can be up to 36 hours and they only award follower XP or something minuscule like 150g.

Your minions die off in 3 missions and you have to replace them for a low cost at two separate vendors. Then there's the class hall upgrades. These take a minimal amount of resources but the last three upgrades alone take an entire month. I cannot stand this gated crap they're so in love with and have been for a few expansions.

In my opinion, the launch feels like a lack of content that's masked behind long waiting gates and low drop chances. I've heard different sources on when 7.1 will drop but I might come back to check out the new Karazhan. If you're enjoying the launch and the expansion thus far, great. I hope you keep enjoying it but for me, I've probably burnt myself out too quickly and it's made me think there's a lack of content which is hidden behind the points mentioned above.

Before someone says it, I'm not angry about the PvP in the sewers. I never had an issue down there. I would go down there to do some quest that would spontaneously pop up and that was it.

On that note, let's talk about PvP. I said it months back that Legion was melee favored and that PvP was an utter disaster. We saw multiple constructive threads regarding PvP and it looks like jack squat came from them. I have never in all of my time playing this game seen PvP as such a clusterfuck as it is right now. The templates seem like no thought or logical process was put into creating them, damage is way too high, healing is nearly impossible in BGs and playing a caster right now is like playing a pinata.

I'm sure someone here will link a BG where they were the #1 player for killing blows as a caster and that's great. I did well on my mage (if no one saw me or focused me). This happened very rarely. I cannot fathom why the lead PvP developer thinks he's funny with snide comments and blocking people on Twitter when the one aspect he's in charge of is a joke.

I'll see you guys in 7.1, maybe. Or 7.2, we'll see how the expansion turns out.
    Well, I for one am loving it. Btw, your artifact knowledge that you learn from your order halls will make it to where your missions and rewards of artifact power increase too.

Dude, you are geared out in full mythic 5 man? Do you have all of your traits on your Artifact unlocked? Do you have your professions maxed out and all the receipts? Do you have your secondary artifact somewhat caught up?
    Is your class quest done? We have plenty to do right now to get ready for raids. This is how the whole x-pac is going to be so if you are leaving because of how the game is....why come back at all for Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    you've been 110 for three days, whereas a good number of people have been 110 for like 10 days. to gear up you had to do world quests, and to progress order hall campaigns adds another 15-30 depending on class. its not hard to assume at all that people have done upwards of 200-300

just because you havent done it doesnt mean no one has, i myself am probably around 150, because i wont race for miniscule artifact power without more artifact knowledge
    Right... that's kind of my point - the people who have been 110 for ten days (when the expansion is about 12 days old) rushed to 110 and *deliberately* did tons of WQs. YOU don't get to do that and then say "Gee, I'm burned out..." Of course you are, you CHOSE to do all of that in order to get raid ready. Own that choice to play that way.

Deleted
    No one gives a damn mate

Keep getting artifact power?

Some people just have this special talent to ruin their game for themselves no matter what. There's no helping them and how they feel just shouldn't be taken into consideration by Blizzard or other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    No, it's definitely on the game that content is so easy that you can rush through dozens of quests a day no problem.
    But its on the player to CHOOSE TO DO THAT. Own your choices. Quit blaming every thing else for how you CHOOSE to play the game

How horrible it would be if there were hard quests that you might be stuck on for several days trying to complete because it's actually hard..
    Yeah, it would be stupid to have super hard things that took days just because you can't control yourself. Why should other people have to deal with that shit just because you can't log off for a while?

Look, if you're prepped for raids, geared, etc... TAKE A BREAK. Do just what you want. When you start raids, you'll have plenty of hard content. Not raiding? Then you rushed the content and again... that. is. your. choice.

Deleted
    well, i love to play my main but i know i should level an alt to get the research started, but i just cant do all those quests again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    *snip*
    You no-lifed a game, what did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    If all there was to do in the game was World Quests and the Mission Table I'd agree. But I've got so much more I want to do and there's been so many things on my check list this expansion, much more than others.

I want to level every alt, see all those class stories so badly, but too busy on my main for that.
    I want to fish all those damn coins from the fountain, get my fish mount by fishing up mana, get the fishing artifact and level it up.
    I got archaeology weeklies to keep on top of, don't wanna miss one of those for the moose and stuff.
    I've been organising mythic runs for the guild, gotta some point get the achievements done in those for the Glory mount still.
    Gotta finish levelling my cooking, and get the missing recipes, find the first aid quests and finish levelling that...
    Complete the pet battle achievements. Get the safari done, ain't done that yet.
    Farm the eyes in the sewer, I want the damn rat mount.
    Level up my honor, get the prestige so I can get the artifact appearance.
    Do those orbs and crystals for that rare world quest and the missing hippogryph mount.
    Camp for my hidden artifact appearance.
    Level up the other professions on my alt, get some crafted gear and all the pets and mounts and toys from those... haven't started on that.

Plenty more stuff on my list >.<

And raids and Mythic+ dungeons aren't even out yet... those will take up even more of my time.

I dunno, I guess not everyone enjoys every aspect of the game, but personally I like to do a bit of everything, and for someone like me this expansion has months of content already.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Pacing is a off by a lot. Content that should have taken month is done in a week of casual game play.

In just one week players leveled to max level, maxed out their professions and outgeared heroic dungeons. The only thing remaining is world quests, most of which take 2-3 minutes to complete.

Dungeons already take 10-15 minutes to complete and multiple packs are aoe'd down. How is that any fun?
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-09-10 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Three HUNDRED World Quests?

Is this your job or something?
    Is it that surprising? I have 344 and don't even do all of them. And there's an achievement for 10.000, so I guess Blizzard wants you to do like 30 a day.