Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    ... it sure did keep the idiots who didn't understand basic 5-man mechanics and the basics of their own class/spec out of my Heroic dungeons.
    And I wish people like you would just leave wow behind - forever....

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Doing proving grounds never taught you any boss mechanics, and silver or whatever was the requirement never needed any skill. Heroics are easy as fuck anyway, and mythics are not meant to be pug'ed.
    It was to keep the total idiots out, Silver was trivial in every spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I loved the effect it had on the general heroic dungeon player population.
    I didn't see any meaningful difference in my success rate in MoP and my success rate in WoD. There were still plenty of dumbasses and trolls mucking up dungeon runs. I'm a fan of sink-or-swim anyway; toss 'em into the deep end and let the vote-kick system sort it out. Moreover, having to do PG on multiple alts grew annoying when it ended up being a lot of "sit around and wait for the timer" on some waves, and "here's a bunch of stuff we won't even put in our dungeons anyway" on others. At least in FFXIV's Hall of the Novice, they train you on situations that actually spring up in dungeons (like needing to throw a switch to stop add spawns, or attacking an add that peels off to go after the healer, and positioning with your tank).

The Proving Grounds need to be overhauled to better prepare players for dungeons before they try gating them behind PG again. Not only that, but the fact that Mythic requires a premade group kind of renders the whole PG skillgate pointless anyway; if you're good enough for Heroic the devs have said you're good enough for baseline Mythic, provided you're geared up.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Erm. Mythics were pre-made only in WoD as well. The PG only gated heroic access.
    Yeah, but Mythics in WoD worked different than the current ones. First of all, they weren't there when the game launched. We also had no Mythic only dungeons. And if I remember correctly, Heroic Dungeon gear alone was not enough to even do the Mythics in WoD.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    You are the only one. The. Only. One...

I hated it to the core. Been playing since beta and then they force me to go on something horrible as that to 'understand' the basics on how to heal / dps / tank.
    And it did not hold people out, if you kept trying you got it anyway. All it did was infuriate most people.
    unless you are really terrible at the game, it's a matter of 15-20 minutes to get silver. Seriously though, you hated you have to spend 15 minutes in a scenario, in whatever spec you choose, and never have to do it again for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    the same heroics you can run with your friends/guild? oh, my mistake, i forgot you dont have neither
    He doesn't have neither? So he has one of them?

Proving grounds kept bad players out of heroics? News to me. In my experience, the people who complain they can't complete a heroic dungeon because other people are bad are the people who need geared groups to carry them.

Deleted
    I got stuck on the very last wave of gold tanking with my Druid.
    They were a nice little challenge to do although they could have been more relevant to bosses then they should apply them to raids and mythic and open that up to LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They aren't *your* dungeons, for one thing.
    Of course they are. Stop talking nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And I wish people like you would just leave wow behind - forever....
    I've got a friend from Poland who can explain to you why you shouldn't bother wishing for these things named Tuffski Shitski.

normal mythics are the real heroics actually. Heroics can be finished by pants on retard with 800 itemlevel. The game is even easy enough in random that it locks people to 810 to make sure its extra facerolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    The provings grounds did nothing. They were stupidly easy and didn't keep anyone out of anything.
    That's a tough one to really narrow down. I rolled through the Proving grounds on every class and got to silver on the first attempt with every toon, but the mage. Which was simply because I screwed up a interrupt.

But with that said I was surprise to see the various posts n trade chat where people were complaining they couldn't get past silver and how stupid it was. I barely play Warlock, Monk and Spriest and only so so Ret and still found them all pretty easy to get silver in. So I'm really shocked when someone said they just couldn't do it.

Of course, part of the problem is that they wanted to do it their way, with their build, which may or may not have given them enough AoE(as that always seemed to be the main complaint). I remember at the start of WoD there were post here on MMO that claimed that the Proving grounds where keeping the bads out, so I guess it's possible.

I'm curious how many "bads" folks are encountering, I'm not seeing that many. I am seeing impatient people expecting everyone to be masters and make no mistakes, but that happens regardless.

anyone with any gear could do silver. It was one of the more pointless things ever added to the game

Deleted
    Bring back proving grounds, make it wave 30 to be allowed to enter Mythics. Why? Just cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Bring back proving grounds, make it wave 30 to be allowed to enter Mythics. Why? Just cause.
    Mythics cant be queued for, so kinda pointless lol. I know you were being sarcastic, but some people are probably thinking that for real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Mythics cant be queued for, so kinda pointless lol. I know you were being sarcastic, but some people are probably thinking that for real.
    Easy solution, don't let people enter AT ALL without it. So even if you have a premade group and go there to manually enter, you're being locked out. That'll show them all!