Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Tell Us Your 9/11 Experience

This is, of course, assuming you were alive on 9/11 and can at least remember what happened on that day from your perspective. Tell us your experiences on that day, wherever you were.

I was 16 at the time and going to high school. I lived in California, so by the time I woke up, the first plane had already hit. My dad woke me up, urged me to come and see the news, because something big was happening. I just remember the speculation on if it was just an accident, if it was a passenger plane; no one knew much by that point. But by the time I got to school, a second plane had hit the other tower and things just got progressively scarier from there. I remember there was a school-wide announcement on the intercom, which almost never happened unless there was a death in the student body or faculty, or a major fire drill.

Most teachers had access to local stations on the TV's in their rooms, but apparently there were marching orders not to show the news or talk about what was going on. One of my teachers, Mr. Button, my chemistry teacher, defied that and had the news running all day. He canceled his lesson plan for the day, just told people to watch the news or do whatever they felt as long as it wasn't breaking any school rules. His classroom became a kind of hub for people who wanted to know what was going on, to gather and talk, to cry, etc.

See, I know it sounds like hyperbole to call 9/11 "a day of terror," but really, that is probably the best way to describe it. The bad news just kept on coming, and for a single day, it seemed like anything bad could and would happened. And what you DON'T hear about on 9/11 documentaries or memorials are the rumors. See, with all the shit going on, there were rumors flying around at a mile a minute about shit happening that ended up not being true - the Capitol building was evacuated and bombed, there were chemical attacks in Washington, car bombs going off all around DC...all kinds of rumors about more attacks that turned out were bullshit, but here's the thing - on that day, no one really knew for sure what was happening, and the rumors were believable enough. It seemed like the whole east coast was being turned into a war zone.

There was the shock of seeing the towers finally collapse, even as there were people still jumping to escape the fires, there was the Pentagon getting hit, then the unknown factor about a plane going down in Pennsylvania - we didn't know the plane was being retaken, so the fact that it crashed in the middle of nowhere played into the perception that attacks were happening everywhere. It wasn't until later that night that the sense of controlled panic started to lessen, after the rumors and the facts were sorted out and the attacks seemed to stop. And even then, there was the sense of dread of what would come, and the question of if there were more attacks being planned. I mean, this is America! We're protected on both sides by oceans. This shit doesn't happen to us! We're so far away from the old world, the middle east, and all their problems, right?

Wrong, you stupid kid. Dead wrong.

It was all so unreal. I can still remember that day, and a day of terror it really was. 9/11/01 was the scariest day of my life, in the sense of things way bigger than me happening that cannot be stopped. It was like having a small taste of the apocalypse for a single day.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-09-11 at 05:48 PM.

Happened when I was in school (5th grade), the teacher had it up in the news and shed some tears during the incident. Spent the rest of that class talking about what just happened.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I saw both attacks live on tv.

I knew it was terrorism right away and the thousands of lives that would be lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I saw both attacks live on tv.

I knew it was terrorism right away and the thousands of lives that would be lost.
    Because you planned it?

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-11 at 06:15 PM.

I was in the fourth grade. I woke up and remember walking out to the living room to find my grandparents and my mom standing around the TV in shock hands covering their mouths. I told her I was going to be late for school and she told me I wasn't going that day because there was a terror attack going on and they wernt sure what would be targets next.

We live in a city where a major airbase is held and only a hour from the Golden Gate Bridge. I watched it all unfold on TV with my parents and grandparents that day... Everyone jumping, the planes going in and the towers eventually collapsing.

Something like that... You just never forget.

My school basically shut down with announcements over the intercom every few minutes. The rooms with T.V. access were watching, I saw them as I walked to the office when my mother picked me up, and other parents were picking kids up left and right. I remember asking my mother "are we going to die" when she picked me up and she had no answer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Because you planned it?
    No.

But it was a sad day I will never forget.

I was working that day, and our boss had let folks know that one of the towers had been hit by a plane. The first thought through my mind was that it was actually an accident. We were all huddled around a monitor watching the second hit be reported as well, and the whole accident thing was cleared up.

It's weird to call this a day of unity though. Sure, for folks on the ground, absolutely... but outside of that, there was quite a bit of division. Indians at my workplace were harassed in public (and I'm sure there were other incidents of this), and folks seem to forget rather quickly the levels of war mongering this incident caused.... freedom fries, etc.

Still far too well executed for me to completely believe the official story, but that's how it will go down in history books. *shrug*

I was actually on one of the planes ready to take off but got a call from an unknown number that said I should get off the plane. Being an omen guy I ran off. Then the plane crashed and I was like whoa.

Started digging into who it was that called me but when I called the number back, it said it was disconnected.

The craziest part was the numbers spelled out Jesus Christ.

I fainted due to a history of dangerous blood clots and concussions and had to be carried away to a hospital.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I skipped school after hearing what happened to stay home and follow it, also cursing the retarded terrorists all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in High School walking into my shop class at the beginning of the period. The teacher keeps the T.V. on from the previous class's morning announcements and it just happened to be on the news. I saw the first building burning and thought "wow!" Class "started" but some students watched while some of us did our work assignments. I was in the middle of mine when one of the other student's came up to me and said "the second one just got hit!!" After that we all stopped and watched the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
    This bullshit again? Can't tell if serious or just trolling...

7+ Year Old Account
    I was at home playing everquest, just happened to have the tv on when it happened. Was really cool to see it all live. Sad that innocents had to die in a false flag so america could continue its 60 years of wars of aggression

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-12 at 07:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Junior year of high school. In New York.

I remember everyone being asked to go and stay in their homerooms. At first, no one knew what was going on, but of course, eventually, everyone found out. My homeroom that year was the computer lab, so a bunch of us were trying to look up what exactly was happening. Kept getting in trouble 'cuz the teacher was all "No, no, no."

At the time, my dad worked in a government building, and one of the things that was going around was that government buildings were being targeted. I started freaking out. We were all allowed to use our cellphones, so as soon as I could, I started trying to call me dad. Thankfully he was fine, however, his building had a birds eye view of the towers and he literally -saw- everything happen. He was a bit shaken up by it, still is, so we don't really talk about it.

Bit later, my mom picked me up from school, and I immediately went online once home. A bunch of friends were all "OMG you're okay, thank god!" etc, etc, etc.

The one thing that sticks out the most, is on the way home from school, I saw pickup trucks left and right with tons of people in them heading in to the city to help. That will probably stick with me for the rest of my life.

Was like oh burning buildings on tv seems like Tuesday.

Wen't back to doing my own thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    School ended early then I spent the rest of the day playing Video Games

I was in the middle of an 8:30am Calculus 4 quiz day. The guy who sat next to me was late, started talking about it. STFU, pretty much, was my response. I didn't hear what happened until my next class, mandatory Sociology. The professor gave us five minutes for whatever we wanted to do (pray, meditate, smoke, whatever). Then told us the class was still on, because if not, the terrorists win.

...then the university canceled all classes for two days.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    This is, of course, assuming you were alive on 9/11 and can at least remember what happened on that day from your perspective. Tell us your experiences on that day, wherever you were.

I was 16 at the time and going to high school. I lived in California, so by the time I woke up, the first plane had already hit. My dad woke me up, urged me to come and see the news, because something big was happening. I just remember the speculation on if it was just an accident, if it was a passenger plane; no one knew much by that point. But by the time I got to school, a second plane had hit the other tower and things just got progressively scarier from there. I remember there was a school-wide announcement on the intercom, which almost never happened unless there was a death in the student body or faculty, or a major fire drill.

Most teachers had access to local stations on the TV's in their rooms, but apparently there were marching orders not to show the news or talk about what was going on. One of my teachers, Mr. Button, my chemistry teacher, defied that and had the news running all day. He canceled his lesson plan for the day, just told people to watch the news or do whatever they felt as long as it wasn't breaking any school rules. His classroom became a kind of hub for people who wanted to know what was going on, to gather and talk, to cry, etc.

See, I know it sounds like hyperbole to call 9/11 "a day of terror," but really, that is probably the best way to describe it. The bad news just kept on coming, and for a single day, it seemed like anything bad could and would happened. And what you DON'T hear about on 9/11 documentaries or memorials are the rumors. See, with all the shit going on, there were rumors flying around at a mile a minute about shit happening that ended up not being true - the Capitol building was evacuated and bombed, there were chemical attacks in Washington, car bombs going off all around DC...all kinds of rumors about more attacks that turned out were bullshit, but here's the thing - on that day, no one really knew for sure what was happening, and the rumors were believable enough. It seemed like the whole east coast was being turned into a war zone.

There was the shock of seeing the towers finally collapse, even as there were people still jumping to escape the fires, there was the Pentagon getting hit, then the unknown factor about a plane going down in Pennsylvania - we didn't know the plane was being retaken, so the fact that it crashed in the middle of nowhere played into the perception that attacks were happening everywhere. It wasn't until later that night that the sense of controlled panic started to lessen, after the rumors and the facts were sorted out and the attacks seemed to stop. And even then, there was the sense of dread of what would come, and the question of if there were more attacks being planned. I mean, this is America! We're protected on both sides by oceans. This shit doesn't happen to us! We're so far away from the old world, the middle east, and all their problems, right?

Wrong, you stupid kid. Dead wrong.

It was all so unreal. I can still remember that day, and a day of terror it really was. 9/11/01 was the scariest day of my life, in the sense of things way bigger than me happening that cannot be stopped. It was like having a small taste of the apocalypse for a single day.
    I was home and called out my parents in Australia, and my dad said straight away "they thirst for more Muslim blood" and guess what happened? He was right, 3k died vs millions killed in Iraq, I wonder what kids in Iraq thought when bombs where thrown on top of their heads? The last thing they heard was a massive sound wave then "BOOOOOOMB" sound.... "I wonder if the apocalypse just happened", special snow flake Americans, thinking you've seen it all is such a cringe worthy feeling, but don't worry, every empire has a expire date on it, keep killing innocent people, what comes around goes around.
    Isis was created by your hands and Obama admitted it, cia created the taliban, your own games yet you act all innocent, the innocent suffer for your shit and you have the balls to come here and act like you suffered.....? Fuck off with your propaganda shit.
    Ban me.
    /CareFace