Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Withered Army Training - your strategy?

I have now done it twice as an Outlaw Rogue, haven't had much success. First time was as a fresh 110, got to score of 44, second time reached around 100.

Wondering how you guys are approaching it, got any tips for talent builds to use?

Normal talents apply. Skip bosses, kill all trash mobs, spend on chests to make next time easier. Your first runs until you get gear is gonna suck, even the manafiends will rekt you.

What makes it significantly easier is going in with 2k mana so you get 20 withered. You should prioritize getting all the max mana treasures and quests that give max mana THEN do the training. Before you get honored, you can get a max mana of 1500, which lets you spend 1300 mana for...i forget how many withered, like 12 or something. You probably went in with the basic 8.

Also, use the withered enrage skill when fighting anything thats not trash, and toggle it off when its dead. Don't need it for trash.

Deleted
    I do is as Outlaw. You need to play carefully and take care of your army.

Try play smart regarding when to let them berserk and when to have them on follow. There is no timer on the scenario so take it slow and try take on a mob at a time. The arcane wraiths needs to be interrupted, once they are 50% or lower they can start casting arcane explosion which is uninterruptable, so i tend to stun them at 50% and try burst them down to avoid it as it greatly damages your army.

Along the way make sure to break all webbed victims as they may contain more soldiers for you. I don't spend a single soldier on picking up chests until i'm finished. Right about where you start fighting spider-people you need to be extra careful as the elite Dro is lurking around the hallways in stealth. He hurts badly but is prone to CC. I tend to let my army go berserk while i kite him with pistol shot, tanking him when riposte is available. The moment he starts dashing around you need to stun him with Between the Eyes to prevent your army from taking damage.

The arcane wraithlord (behind a door that requires opening) i always skip as he is a big risk with his AoE. In the egg room after unlocking the door that requires Dro's key i go on very carefully only breaking more than an egg at a time if i have the leech buff up as that with bladeflurry makes for amazing sustain. I clear out all the eggs and grab all the extra soldiers after killing the mini-boss in the room.

Next one up is the big Ettin guy. If you can try pull him out of the room so you dont have to deal with the constant stream of spiders coming down the stairs. Stun him when he casts his AoE if you have any soliders in range of it. Not much to do about the "Grab Withered" ability but it didnt seem to cause to much damage to the victim.

Once he is dead i move up the stairs (leaving the extra soldiers available in the room for now) as you need to go stop the constant stream of spiders by engaging the spiderboss at the top. Just keep moving up carefully and constantly try get the leech buff from roll the bones. The spider boss itself is a joke and probably the easiest of the bosses in the scenario.

Once the spider boss is dead its just a corridor with some mana wyrms left until the end. Once i reach the end i backtrack and grab the remaning soldiers in the Ettins room and start spending soldiers on carrying chests. All chests you've ran past are still there so just backtrack and spend your army as you see fit. I always end the scenario with 20-30 soldiers so tend to grab 2 large ones and 1 medium for total cost of 25 soldiers.

Can also add this is done with currently 830 ilvl, but is totally doable with like 815.

Hope this is of any help.

Pool im glad someone has finally posted a thread about this! I couldn't find a rogue stray at all!

Deleted
    Put in the effort and get 20 withered. You will have an easier time, you will get more chests that will upgrade yur army for next run, I'm constantly getting 500+ ever since I've gone there with an army of 20.

Some tips, you can buy buffs from the NPC's that will work in the training , i've only ever used the leyline thing and never noticed if the save from death thing ever procced from the time i got screwed before i knew about Dro.
    Also there are interactable objects called ley wards usually near the leyline feed pylon things that give you a 20min buff that gives you a pretty high chance to proc 100kish damage which helps alot.

also not tried by myself but mayhaps will work is in Suramar city you can give mana to the withering highborne who will then buff you for 10% max health upto 50% which i forget how long for but it isn't short aswell as picking up a manasaber from around felsoul hold which again i havn't tried myself but might work

One more thing, apparently there's another NPC that's out and about called Leyweaver Kelorin again I've never used him since i haven't found him but the buff has a chance to proc a shield when you take damage
    Last edited by tribbles93; 2016-09-11 at 07:17 AM.

MfD>Run Through With BF up. Ezpz full clear on the second run. Outlaw is crazy Overpowered in this. For Bosses just CC them when you can and interrupt casts.
    Last edited by Geoffar; 2016-09-11 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For bosses that are actually dangerously hard i've found that you can pistol shot and kite them around while your withered kill them with rocks using between the eyes or occasionally moving in to use kick if they are casting anything particularly nasty.

You can also bribe some of the bosses, really helpful to clear the mobs

Deleted
    dunno how you kill the one that spawn from nowhere in the nerubian area... tried today, started him with 23 withered, i checked during the fight when he was around 40% i had only 10 withered left... and then he crit me and i died

Pretty easy once you have figure everything out and have proper gear with 3 relic slots. Cleared everything in the instance today and opened 3 large chests and 2 medium (which is 50 withered sent back in total), i did the latter part after clearing everything of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenes View Post
    dunno how you kill the one that spawn from nowhere in the nerubian area... tried today, started him with 23 withered, i checked during the fight when he was around 40% i had only 10 withered left... and then he crit me and i died
    If thats the nightborne one that blinks around, Bribe it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    the one at 8:38 in the guide video above

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    Thanks for this, wish I looked here an hour ago, that guy killed me.

Deleted
    If I can suggest something, Always fish for Grand melee. The leech bonus seems to work with the damage from ur withered, and u're basically immortal.
    Today was my first attempt and I've completed it all through the end, my ilvl is 847 atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    Always fish for Grand melee.
    What do you mean by that?

get 2k mana
    get 20 withered
    stun stuff and spam mayhem
    ???

profit

also clear the stuff first and then send for the chests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    he means the atk speed/leech buff from RtB

If you start out with 20 withered for the first time, you can clear everything up to Dro. Don't spawn him accidentally and waste your lockout. Once you have a few chests opened you can kill Dro with ease and clear pretty much everything.