Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Cypher of Broken Bone

The hidden appearance for Assassination comes from the Cypher of Broken Bone which dropped from rare spawns when the Underbelly is in PvE mode in beta.

So far on live I've got 45 kills on the rares that have the potential to drop it and no luck. Wondering if anyone else has found it from them yet or if it may have possibly been moved. Probably just bad rng for me but if anyone can confirm that would be great.

had a friend who got it after 2 hours of farming w/o pvp. spawn rates tend to go up during peak times.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply. I'm at 94 kills now. Guess I just gotta grind it out. On the plus side I'm over halfway to the rat mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    had a friend who got it after 2 hours of farming w/o pvp. spawn rates tend to go up during peak times.
    Hello,

could you maybe give your friends name orso ?

I myself farmed over 26hours now and killed over 160 elites and nothing ...

I would like to ask him some questions

thanks

He's not been on for a while. Should have asked him for details and to link.

Deleted
    If you tell us the name we can look him up on armory I think he is implying.

Deleted
    Someone said on Wowhead that it got changed with last patch, can't find any info about this matter anyone else maybe ?

Deleted
    It is possible that all drops for hidden appereance come from a puzzle. At least thats what a GM said to a guy on wowhead. We should also make this thread massive, like our fellow outlaw brotherhood and make Suggestion and guesses.

Deleted
    If this actually dropped from the rares in the Sewers, someone would have gotten it by now. We need to start looking elsewhere for these babies.

Lets get this ball rolling and figure out where its from. Any ideas?

Deleted
    Someone mentioned a 7 day Poison from a vendor. Maybe we start there ?

10+ Year Old Account
    My comment on the official forums thread for this:

What if the answer is actually easier than we expected for how to find this?

The flavor text.

"... after one of them came back from the dead to seek revenge."

The first place that came to mind for me on the Isles was Haustvald. The Vrykul spirits in the area often pop out of the ground as Skeletons.

I can't think of any areas of the top of my head where enemies that you kill come back as some form of undead. At least current. I'm trying to think back as far as I can for similar concepts.

My only other questions are:
    Ae there any prominent Assassins that had a victim come back from the dead and try to kill them, aside from us, the Shadowblades (which makes me want to agree with the Ashran/Broken Bones idea, or someone that we killed who came back to try to kill us... specifically as Rogues, or as players in general, regardless of how long that list is)?

Do we know who "The Bonebreaker" was/is or has anyone found any lore nods in Legion so far that point to such a figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    Someone mentioned a 7 day Poison from a vendor. Maybe we start there ?
    i hear it gets dispelled on cloak so hope not.

Edit. it does i checked.
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2016-09-11 at 11:09 PM.

So I may have found an interesting clue about the Cypher..maybe. I just flew out to Dreadwake's Landing on my way to a world quest and I saw a Star(indicates a rare) on my minimap, so I went over to kill it, but it was a friendly npc named Benjamin Parris <Alchemist>. Also, i just so happened to be in Assassination spec(which i almost never am).

He had some text prompts for me to click on and he was talking about the Assassination artifact daggers and asked to borrow them, and was talking about them and then he gives them back. When i clicked on him again, he was no longer showing the star on my minimap, and i could no longer get that extra text prompt from him anymore, but he now says "Poisons. Poisons, here! Family owned and operated since our untimely death."

That prompted me to go get the 7day poison and talk to him, sadly nothing happened, but I wonder if since he showed up as a rare to me if maybe something will happen if i had the poison the first time i talked to him. I'll try again tommorrow, but if any of you wanted to try it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    So I may have found an interesting clue about the Cypher..maybe. I just flew out to Dreadwake's Landing on my way to a world quest and I saw a Star(indicates a rare) on my minimap, so I went over to kill it, but it was a friendly npc named Benjamin Parris <Alchemist>.
    There's six NPCs which have this interaction. Spell is "borrow artifact" (I can't post links yet).

Effect is to give 50 AP to the the Artifact which causes the interaction. Since it's not assassination rogue specific I doubt it relates to a hidden appearance, though interestingly the three Stormheim NPCs with that spell (of six total) all interact with the Kingslayers. No idea if it's repeatable once you've spoken to one of the NPCs already. I got it from the neutral NPC. Haven't noticed the Alliance one pop up on my map so haven't interacted with him.

Ok, jumping in right at the start.

Do not turn this thread into a pointless fight and useless spam/misinformation like the Thunderfury one has been the past days. It's not a direct warning, just a pre-emptive one.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is entirely possible this item still drops off the rares in The Underbelly and is just gated by Artifact Knowledge. I know when I got it on beta I was around AK 6-8. So maybe gated at 5. Still another ~8 days for people who hit 100 quick.

Someone seem to have found it on rares from Dalaran Sewers, AK4 gated, it seems

Source: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=9#post-175
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-20 at 06:48 AM. Reason: fixed url

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Someone seem to have found it on rares from Dalaran Sewers, AK4 gated, it seems

Source: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=9#post-175
    That's me; I got it about 2 hours ago, an hour after picking up my 4th AK level. Screenshots are posted in the linked thread and in a Wowhead comment.

Most people should have their 4th AK level soon, so we should start seeing more of these drop (and hopefully some info about Thunderfury). Good luck, rogue friends.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-20 at 06:48 AM.

I have ak 4 and killed 4 rares nothing yet. Not really happy about trying this after farming 20k eyes if this really took ak4...

If this is really the key it better not be some 1% drop but gating and rng is the theme of legion...

- - - Updated - - -

After killing 15 rares it dropped it seems it was locked behind ak 4 wouldn't be shocked if thunderfury is locked behind ak 10-25.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-09-19 at 09:51 PM.

can someone confirm, if 'pvp enabled' is required to have a chance to loot the item?