Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I didn't say you said he'd be added to the Skyhold, that point was aimed at Plasma, who I initially replied to, before you added yourself to the conversation.
    What? You literally said, "They've already come out and said they purposefully removed all A/H/Player-related Warriors from the Skyhold, and adding Broxigar for no reason other than a largely trivial quest would fly in the face of that. It simply isn't going to happen," while quoting me. That means it is directed at me. And yes, I did insert myself into a public conversation on a public forum. Is that an issue? I was under the impression these forums are for open exchange of ideas.
    Last edited by Warpanda; 2016-09-11 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpanda View Post
    What? You literally said, "They've already come out and said they purposefully removed all A/H/Player-related Warriors from the Skyhold, and adding Broxigar for no reason other than a largely trivial quest would fly in the face of that. It simply isn't going to happen," while quoting me. That means it is directed at me. And yes, I did insert myself into a public conversation on a public forum. Is that an issue? I was under the impression these forums are for open exchange of ideas.
    *sigh*, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    After collecting my second artifact research notes today, I was given the quest to do the Illidan scenario. In that scenario, there is a quest to go up the stairs and assist an orc named Broxigar the Red, AKA Broxigar Saurfang, the brother of Varok (High Overlord) Saurfang. Here's the info for the character if you aren't familiar:

(tried to post the link to the wowwiki page, but don't have enough forum posts yet. just google broxigar)
    (He also wields an axe, the same model as Betrayer of Humanity from Naxx 25)

I think it's likely that that the quest "Secrets of the Axes" which requires you to find Saurfang may, in fact, refer to the fallen Saurfang brother, who now likely resides in Skyhold.
    ^ Original comment.

Nice theory, but unlikely. These quests could be completed on the beta and had no impact on the search for the artifact skin, nor is Broxigar located in the HoV (and based on the developer QA, it's doubtful he'll show up there in the future either). The quest also specifically states to find Saurfang on the Broken Isles, which would imply that he's out in the world rather than located within the Skyhold.
    ^ My reply.

A number of the beta quests have changed. For example, prot was a clicky in Neltharion's Lair during beta. I agree though, it seems unlikely at this point. Enough people are at artifact knowledge 2 by now and would have done the quest for this event already. Then again, Brox really does seem like the perfect setup for the initial quest trigger. I guess I'll test in a couple hours.
    ^ Your butting in. Note that your saying "Brox seems like a perfect setup" is in agreement with the original comment that Brox could be the Saurfang in question, and your comment of "everything changes" in repsonse to my example of the beta chain implies that he could end up located in the Skyhold. This is the bridge linking the three posters and their comments together.

They've changed some things since beta ended yes, but not major story-interactions like Broxigar being the only player-faction related hero to show up in the HoV. That would probably be the stupidest thing they could do honestly.
    ^ My initial response to noting the implausibility of the idea.

Major story interactions are the primary reason Blizzard hides things in betas/alphas. They love their story reveals.
    ^ Your followup (inaccurate) comment.

Actually they usually don't hide story during testing, only cutscenes, but we're given the lore anyways; regardless this wouldn't be a "story reveal" and would mark a change which contradicts their stated intent. They've already come out and said they purposefully removed all A/H/Player-related Warriors from the Skyhold, and adding Broxigar for no reason other than a largely trivial quest would fly in the face of that. It simply isn't going to happen.

Keep in mind as well that the quest indicates that the character will be found on the Broken Isles, which implies it will be out in the world rather than in the Skyhold. That isn't to say that Broxigar couldn't be the character in question, but it's unlikely given that he's been dead for quite a long time, as well as the fact that he's a fairly minor and obscure character that players who haven't read the books won't know of. It's also worth noting that Broxigar is largely referred to by his first name, while Varok is almost always referred to simply as Saurfang.
    ^ My response. Note that back in your first post you build the bridge linking your comments to Plasmas, namely that Broxigar could be the NPC in question and that changes in the quest chain could result in his being located in the Skyhold.

No, you didn't directly say "Brox can/will be in the Skyhold", but the comment was a continuation of the idea that led to the conversation in the first place. Second, and to be clear, just because you're quoted, doesn't mean that every single comment or idea in the post is directed solely at you. Third:

And yes, I did insert myself into a public conversation on a public forum. Is that an issue? I was under the impression these forums are for open exchange of ideas.
    There's nothing wrong with it, but be aware of the conversation you're inserting yourself into and don't get your panties twisted when others refer back to it, especially when your "contributions" add exactly nothing to the conversation at hand. You pretty hypocritical to espouse the open exchange of ideas and then bemoan that everyone isn't talking about exactly and only what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay this four post pleb no mind. He knows not who he spits upon. See signature.

Staying on topic, I've scoured most of the Broken Shore coast with no Saurfang in sight. Washed up elsewhere might be a good place to look/start...but what if the elites upon the Broken Shore have abducted him?

I feel for some reason that the fact he was shot down means he's still there.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-09-11 at 01:30 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Pay this four post pleb no mind. He knows not who he spits upon.

See signature.
    It's not even about being smarter or dumber than anyone else, but simply being able to follow the topic of conversation. It's like some people think that because they interject themselves the entire discussion changes to what they and they alone have to say, with no regard for the point that led into their inclusion to begin with.

They've already come out and said they purposefully removed all A/H/Player-related Warriors from the Skyhold, and adding Broxigar for no reason other than a largely trivial quest would fly in the face of that. It simply isn't going to happen.
    Okay, ignoring this useless argument going on, did they supply any reasoning behind doing this? It seems that there would have been ample opportunities to pick up deceased warrior figures and bring them into Valhalla(i wish they would have made the name be a play on valhalla, instead of their final iteration), especially with the recent death of Wrynn. And bringing in Broxigar could have been a great opportunity to bring the lesser known Saurfang brother into the spotlight, especially since he's (one of?) the only mortal to have faced Sargeras head-on.

10+ Year Old Account
    And bringing in Broxigar could have been a great opportunity to bring the lesser known Saurfang brother into the spotlight, especially since he's (one of?) the only mortal to have faced Sargeras head-on.
    Talk about a missed opportunity. Imagine getting the Axe of Cenarius, too...
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Okay, ignoring this useless argument going on, did they supply any reasoning behind doing this? It seems that there would have been ample opportunities to pick up deceased warrior figures and bring them into Valhalla(i wish they would have made the name be a play on valhalla, instead of their final iteration), especially with the recent death of Wrynn. And bringing in Broxigar could have been a great opportunity to bring the lesser known Saurfang brother into the spotlight, especially since he's (one of?) the only mortal to have faced Sargeras head-on.
    So, very early in beta there were datamined ghosts of Warriors such as Lothar and Doomhammer, along with still living Warriors like Etrigg who where flagged as being "companions", which was an obvious nod to the Order Hall Champion system.

By the time the class halls were enabled, they were gone and there was no trace. In one of the Q&A sessions they said their initial plan was to bring some of these characters back, but felt it wouldn't be right, since there would be "too much animosity" between the Alliance and the Horde... which honestly does make a certain amount of sense, given that Doomhammer killed Lothar, and both characters existed in a much different world (of Warcraft), than what we see today. Personally, I agree with this, and adding those characters would have made things a bit more confusing than need be, especially given the timelines.

That said, it didn't really explain why they chose not to add any of the still living Warriors and integrate them into the Class Hall, rather than to make it Vrykul/Titan only. Their only explanation was they decided to "focus on the Vrykul story instead", which is fairly weak in my opinion. The way I see it, if they were set on telling this story, which starts for all players with the Stormheim, and culminates in 7.1, they should make the rest of it available for all players as well.

Either way, what we got was nothing more than a glorified quest hub. If you look around the other class halls, it's all about bringing together their class to fight the Legion... yet in the Skyhold, it's all about helping Odyn with his own problems, and the Legion seems to be more of an incidental nuisance than anything else. Even the 7.1 raid seems to confirm this, as it's yet again focused on the schism between Odyn and his one-time slave Helya, though we'll need to wait for the full details of the story to know for sure.

Your butting in. Note that your saying "Brox seems like a perfect setup" is in agreement with the original comment that Brox could be the Saurfang in question, and your comment of "everything changes" in repsonse to my example of the beta chain implies that he could end up located in the Skyhold. This is the bridge linking the three posters and their comments together.
    No, that isn't what I said OR implied. I said he makes a good quest trigger and that blizzard likes to changes shit from F&F/Alpha/Beta -> Release if they think it's a cool story element. You know how these things work, right? The quests exist, all the quests in the game are in the game and can be accepted. You have to get flags, or triggers, to gain access to them. For example, the quest in question has a known trigger of "Must be level 98." That can be seen from the quest ID on wowhead. But the other triggers are unknown. My initial comment was that it might make sense for Brox to be this trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros
    My response. Note that back in your first post you build the bridge linking your comments to Plasmas, namely that Broxigar could be the NPC in question and that changes in the quest chain could result in his being located in the Skyhold.
    No. I never suggested or even implied that Brox was the NPC that the Arcanite Bladebreaker quest mentions. How is this hard to understand? I am not talking about the quest. I am talking about the TRIGGER to unlock the quest.

No, you didn't directly say "Brox can/will be in the Skyhold", but the comment was a continuation of the idea that led to the conversation in the first place. Second, and to be clear, just because you're quoted, doesn't mean that every single comment or idea in the post is directed solely at you.
    I never even implied anything about Skyhold. And your statement is a Straw Man Fallacy. That's fine. Keep up the status quo.

There's nothing wrong with it, but be aware of the conversation you're inserting yourself into and don't get your panties twisted when others refer back to it, especially when your "contributions" add exactly nothing to the conversation at hand. You pretty hypocritical to espouse the open exchange of ideas and then bemoan that everyone isn't talking about exactly and only what you're talking about.
    I am well aware of what I am saying and my own argument. You apparently are unable to connect the dots of a normal logic flow. Or you don't understand how conditional programming works (event triggers). Either way, none of this is relevant to anything. I am done with this argument. It is asinine.
    Last edited by Warpanda; 2016-09-11 at 06:15 AM.

No. I never suggested or even implied that Brox was the NPC that the Arcanite Bladebreaker quest mentions. How is this hard to understand? I am not talking about the quest. I am talking about the TRIGGER to unlock the quest.
    A number of the beta quests have changed. For example, prot was a clicky in Neltharion's Lair during beta. I agree though, it seems unlikely at this point. Enough people are at artifact knowledge 2 by now and would have done the quest for this event already. Then again, Brox really does seem like the perfect setup for the initial quest trigger. I guess I'll test in a couple hours.
    Uh huh... so "he's the perfect setup for it, I'll test for that" means you aren't suggesting or implying that he might be the NPC to either unlock the quest or to be used in the quest directly. If that's the case, why would you be testing for it? We know you're talking about the trigger that unlocks the quest, you don't need to keep reiterating it like it's some mysterious concept only you are aware of.

Keep contradicting yourself while saying others can't follow "normal logic flow", it makes for a great read.

... so "he's the perfect setup for it, I'll test for that" means you aren't suggesting or implying that he might be the NPC to either unlock the quest or to be used in the quest directly... We know you're talking about the trigger that unlocks the quest...
    Literally a contradiction.

Uh huh... so "he's the perfect setup for it, I'll test for that" means you aren't suggesting or implying that he might be the NPC to either unlock the quest or to be used in the quest directly.
    Brox really does seem like the perfect setup for the initial quest trigger.
    You misquote me. There is no implication. I directly state my theory.
    I don't know why I feel so compelled to try and make sure you understand what is going on here, but I feel like I am doing a service by trying.

On topic:
    There is a another Saurfang family member in the game files: Thura Saurfang. Who, based on the Stormrage novel now wields the Axe of Cenarius. Lore and sense dictate that she may very well be the Nightmare. So maybe we'll have to wait until then. Which isn't to unreasonable since a few other classes solidly point to there or other raid encounters for their appearances. Another theory I heard was that Brannox might be the trigger (dude who drops arcanite reaper plans). Tried that a few days ago, no dice. Assuming that having the recipe unlocked since vanilla doesn't somehow bug it out. Theories I am aware of get more zany from there. Interested in how this develops.
    Last edited by Warpanda; 2016-09-11 at 09:17 AM.

You misquote me. There is no implication. I directly state my theory.
    I don't know why I feel so compelled to try and make sure you understand what is going on here, but I feel like I am doing a service by trying.

On topic:
    There is a another Saurfang family member in the game files: Thura Saurfang. Who, based on the Stormrage novel now wields the Axe of Cenarius. Lore and sense dictate that she may very well be the Nightmare. So maybe we'll have to wait until then. Which isn't to unreasonable since a few other classes solidly point to there or other raid encounters for their appearances. Another theory I heard was that Brannox might be the trigger (dude who drops arcanite reaper plans). Tried that a few days ago, no dice. Assuming that having the recipe unlocked since vanilla doesn't somehow bug it out. Theories I am aware of get more zany from there. Interested in how this develops.
    Need to keep in mind, that a lot of stuff datamined from wowhead was from earlier alpha builds that was later removed.

This is especially true for things dealing with warriors.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Need to keep in mind, that a lot of stuff datamined from wowhead was from earlier alpha builds that was later removed.

This is especially true for things dealing with warriors.

Yeah. I totally realize this is grasping at straws. I really just want a solid discussion of theories to emerge so we can expedite the process as a hive mind.

Yeah. I totally realize this is grasping at straws. I really just want a solid discussion of theories to emerge so we can expedite the process as a hive mind.
    Oh I understand, but for now everyones focusing on the Grey One and nothing else when for all we know its just some alpha relic. Untill we get something concrete, searches need to be broad.

Yes, you've done that a lot. Most pointedly, for someone who said they're done with this "asinine" conversation, you sure seem to have a lot to say.

Deleted
    could it be outside broken isles? as you said we could be misstaken and the datamining may be outdated

Deleted
    I don't think we have to search for saurfang, since the "Secret of the Axes" quest says: "To take the form of an axe, we will need an example to draw from..." and the follow up quest is to search for saurfang.

It honestly sounds like we need to find a material or another weapon that starts the questchain.

I've heard that some appearances are not yet to be available, the axe could be one of those unobtainable appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I've heard that some appearances are not yet to be available, the axe could be one of those unobtainable appearances.
    It is not. It is enabled. The golden paddle is the one thats not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Every spec has 2 hidden appearances, where seemingly only one is currently available. Seeing as how both the second Fury and Arms appearances are called Helya's Gaze and Blade of the Sky Champion there's a fair chance they'll be showing up with 7.1 and the HoV/Maw raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebrabuk View Post
    Every spec has 2 hidden appearances, where seemingly only one is currently available. Seeing as how both the second Fury and Arms appearances are called Helya's Gaze and Blade of the Sky Champion there's a fair chance they'll be showing up with 7.1 and the HoV/Maw raid.
    Only one is "hidden". The other is datamined and not yet enabled in game.