Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i'm talking about blizzard pushing peoples into pug groups and guilds to do content they don't release a version for lfd, such as the two mythic only suramar dungeon and kara in 7.1; as for mythic plus i hope we can get those attendance data like the one mmo champ sometime put in it's front page.
    Did...did 2 years of sitting in garrison turned people into such an inepts? Is spending THREE minutes of your time using clear and easy Premade tool, and then flying to the dungeon portal such an insane feat? Holy crap! How did people manage those guild raid runs all those years? You have to fly there on your own afterall!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    I do agree maybe we need group finder for mythics but have ilevel higher not much maybe to 835ish so players can then queue for random mythics.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    I've literally never seen a group ask for achieves.
    Its the opposite of a problem OP

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

LFR gear is worse than Mythic 0 gear.
    Emerald Nightmare LFR, yes. Nighthold LFR, no (that'll be 845).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    People who have never done a mythic dungeon are not people you want as a group leader, so you end up with tons of shitty groups.

People with experience need to take people without experience with them and teach them. That's always how it's been. Without patience, all you have is a couple of elitists grouping up among themselves, and all the people without experience getting nothing.
    No, that is not how it has always been. I've never gone into a random dungeon looking to teach people how to play the game. Except on very rare occasions the only people I take the effort to teach are people that are already my friend.

If you join a group with random people the expectation should be that you know what the hell you are doing. The expectation should not be to expect four anonymous strangers to teach you. How the fuck do people justify that type of expectation? It boggles my mind. Don't force your ignorance, or lack of skill, on random people. Or, if you do, don't be surprised when people react negatively.

You need to learn? Make some friends and learn it with people you know. The game is a MMO game after all. Quit being anti-social; that's step one.

The mythic dungeons aren't even hard, 95% of the boss encounters literally just boil down to "Avoid bad stuff & interrupt if possible".

Form your own group, join a guild, or make some friends.

Problem solved.

The only thing keeping you from doing the said content, is yourself.

I think these mythics are kind of different from the wod ones, considering they are pretty easy. I think a lot of pugs will be a lot more lax with their requirements, even going into the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "Make your own group" is always such great an argument. You can do it to handwave away basically everything. The thing with mythics is, they've pretty much replaced Heroics outside of keystone ones by now. With normals being trash tier and heroics being what normals used to be when hitting max level.

Keystone one's shouldn't be through LFD but there was a reason LFD was introduced to begin with and given mythics have taken the spot of heroics they should be baked into the LFD system.
    Shhhhh!!! don't tell them that mythics are the new heroics , blizz is trying to remove LFG without the retards noticing by slowly replacing the names of stuff, (ex: Heroic raids are equivalent to the old normal raids)-

Deleted
    Make your own group or get a decent guild and stop relying on shitty pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Agreed, but the real problem is simply that Normal exists. Current Heroics should be Normal and current Mythic should be Heroic and that should be it. Both should have queues.
    Normal makes sense for the five scalable dungeons. But rename that to "Scalable" or "Flex" or something; rename the current "Heroic" to "Normal" (and it's the lowest version for VotW, BRH, Hel); rename "Mythic" to "Heroic". Rename "Mythic+" to "Mythic". Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    If I don't have the achievement, how do you think I'm qualified enough to organize and lead a group?

The point is, if I wanna do my first mythic dungeon, how am I supposed to go there, if I need experience to join a group, I need experience to start a group, but I only get experience if I get a group to take me there...

That's always been the problem even with raids.

"Only people with clear experience."

Haha, how am I supposed to get it, you comedian.

- - - Updated - - -

If everybody starts making their own group, none of these groups will fill up to begin with you genius.

So you'll have half-filled groups with people that have no idea what they are doing. Grats.
    You really are something.

Do you think I had any experience when i started the Arcway or HoV Mythic?! Hell no!

It is a brand new expansion, get some experience and stop whining.

If you are too scared to approach something unfamiliar, maybe you should beg someone to take you by your hand like mama and papa used to do it.
    Last edited by Lillyth; 2016-09-11 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Normal makes sense for the five scalable dungeons. But rename that to "Scalable" or "Flex" or something; rename the current "Heroic" to "Normal" (and it's the lowest version for VotW, BRH, Hel); rename "Mythic" to "Heroic". Rename "Mythic+" to "Mythic". Sorted.
    Your suggestion is a solution to the problem "how can we make people running the lesser difficulty modes feel worse about themselves."

Blizzard does not share your opinion that this is a problem in need of a solution.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    In my day we had no group finder. Tough it out, you will survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    We do know that LFR drops I835 loot. Requirements are always 15 ilvls or lower than the loot that drops, thus requirements for LFR will be i820 or lower. Heroics drop i825. So yes we do know that you can go from heroics straight to LFR, by some very obvious deduction.
    It's been like that since LFR's introduction; I don't understand why people seem to think it would change now. LFR is designed so everyone with a pulse can see the interior of the raid and get enough loot to keep them coming back; it's how the raid team justifies their budget and the art team's time. The general MO is that Heroics will gear you up for the first LFR raid, and then you jump on the treadmill from there if you're just an LFR player.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No automated group finder for Mythic Dungeons is a blessing. If you are having trouble getting into a group (like I do as a melee DPS), then form your own group where YOU decide who is in and who is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Your suggestion is a solution to the problem "how can we make people running the lesser difficulty modes feel worse about themselves."

Blizzard does not share your opinion that this is a problem in need of a solution.
    Can't agree with you on that.

It's intended to be a solution to the problems "the word 'Normal' means something completely different for half the dungeons (that they scale to your level) than it does for the other half (which are level 110 only in all modes)" and "calling two separate modes 'Mythic' and 'Mythic+' is an ugly and potentially confusing overload of language".

You could say an additional problem is "four modes, one of them itself having multiple difficulty modes via keystone level, is too many", which is why the guy I was replying to suggested removing Normal entirely.

None of these problems have anything to do with making anyone "feel worse about themselves", sorry if I bruised your fragile self-esteem by trying to introduce some consistent and helpful use of language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    You really are something.

Do you think I had any experience when i started the Arcway or HoV Mythic?! Hell no!

It is a brand new expansion, get some experience and stop whining.

If you are too scared to approach something unfamiliar, maybe you should beg someone to take you by your hand like mama and papa used to do it.
    I don't have a problem with approaching something unfamiliar. Are you serious? Did you even read what we were talking about? It was about not being able to find a group because people demand an achievement, that I'm not gonna get if people don't take me with them in the first place. How am I supposed to approach something unfamiliar when people won't let me? Please pay attention.

Did you lead a group through those dungeons when you did them for the first time? I bet no. See.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's dumb I agree. According to the developers the title mythic shouldn't make us think it's harder but it's apparently too hard to be open to matchmaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    In my day we had no group finder. Tough it out, you will survive.
    Romanticism is probably the worst disease men ever developed. It is responsible for so much stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Mythic dungeons are not mandatory.
    Very true. You do however run the risk that by telling people they don't have to do content that they will take that advice and soon find that they are out of things to do. If players do not enjoy design as individual solutions they can avoid it but if enough of them avoid enough of it theyll find they've run out of things to do. This was the lesson that they should have learned with WoD.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's dumb I agree. According to the developers the title mythic shouldn't make us think it's harder but it's apparently too hard to be open to matchmaking.
    No it's not. It's arguably easier than early Cataclysm Heroics for the most part. It makes no sense why it isn't in the LFD.
    Romanticism is probably the worst disease men ever developed. It is responsible for so much stupidity.
    Yeah, sitting in Shatt/Dalaran and wait for someone to look for a healer was so great fun. Standing around, doing nothing as you tried to find a group. Nothing o do with "tough it out", it's simply unfun. It's boring. Not tough.