Poll: 1-10

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    2-3

Expansion is otherwise good, but locking raid relevant legendarys behind massive rng is unforgivable by any means.

Its a shame it had to be this way since the rest of the xpack is pretty nice, but if legendaries stay in the way they are right now, this expansion will never rise above hot garbage.
    Well i was under the impression that the first few weeks of a new raid the legendary effects wont work. Its stilla huge ilvl boost but it aint no different than before when people bought mythic gear from BMAH

I rated it 8, but it's closer to probably a 7 overall. The entire feel to the expansion is very well done, and you have purpose to log in to a character for quite awhile if you don't bum rush it. And even if you work pretty hard, it's not over instantly. That being said, it is some what lackluster on the lore side, even though you can infer a lot of things through text and voice overs. It is kind of cheesy at times though, and feels hamfisted, but at least it has some purpose and pushes the story forward.

A lot of classes though are really under tuned and poorly thought out. There is no excuse for any class to do absolutely terrible in AoE and just be meh in single target. This isn't just poor balance, it's purposeful balance. Blizzard really needs to get out of the gutter on their age-old perfect imbalance and realize that extremes are not good for an MMORPG. There is a difference between being Good overall, and then some great -- versus a lot being mediocre, and then some being fucking broken.

Granted, some classes WILL be broken depending if it's single target, AoE, PvP, Raid, Open World, etc... But everyone should be able to do everything decently. And not just that, excel at something - especially their role. It's pathetic how meh Warlocks are right now, same for Shadow Priest, specifically their lack luster build up times and crappy AoE throughput. And their single target apparently isn't amazing either to make up for it.

9/10 - lost a point for being unfriendly towards alt players like myself who enjoy maintaining quite a few characters at a time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    I like it. Only thing I don't like is it feels like you're artificially slowed down at level 110. A zone like Suramar feels really, really slow. Also I really don't like pathing to quest where you follow the road to a quest only to end up on the wrong side of some huge mountain making you run around for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    i gave it 10 because i still couldn't start to do side things such as old raids, pet battles etc.

there is so much to do which is great.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too early to tell. One thing is for sure. I never had a more frustrating release time experience. Fucking annoying zones, way too much to do (which will be back to almost nothing to do in a few weeks)...

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    9... its already better than wod and has the potential to be one of the best wow expansions.
    WoD was amazing at this point too. I'll wait until 7.1 to compare/judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I give it a 6 so far. Ponts lost for...

1. Profession. The amount of hoops you have to jump through is pants on the head retarded. Hey would you mind going to every zone and dungeon multiple times and killing hundreds of mobs and spending hundreds of resources for gear that is worse than most other gear? Ta!

2. Every zone ends the same way. You are just about to kill the main bad of that zone and boom! You are stunned and he pisses off and you have to go into the dungeon to kill the fucker.

3. Alt killer. No way am i going to go through the rigmarole of grinding up proffs,artifacts,rep,world quests ect ect multiple times. This one is somewhat self inflicted and i would feel the need to do all that.

4. World Quests. Kinda amazed how this one gets praise. All they are is quests you have already done and killing rare mobs you have already killed. They are the bastard offspring from daily and apexis quests.

It is pretty good still. I can see myself playing for many months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    8. its still too early to tell but from what ive seen im happy other than trying to find time for ALTs.
    I completely agree. I rate it an 8 as well.

Undetermined.

They laid the Groundwork for some good stuff but they'll need to follow up. Draenor had some good groundwork and it was totally abandoned.

8 from me. I really miss the social part of WoW. I know it's been gone for a long time, but everytime I try a new expansion I'm amazed by how little people talk to one another. Most of the story and the quests are nice, so Legion is definately better than Mysts and Warlords.
    It would be nice if they create more quests that require you to make groups while leveling up. So far I've only talked to one other guy, who actually was able to make conversation.

Deleted
    Leveling was more enjoyable than ever.
    Gearing was more enjoyable than ever.
    Heroics/Mythics behind timegate was kinda cool when you finally unlocked the rep to go there.

Many classes feel kinda boring making it hard for me to chose an alt.
    I feel that by not chosing an alternative character and leveling it to 110 for the artifact research I am missing out.

Pvp feels heavily leather/agi favored in bgs, arenas I dont know.

Best expansion launch, have not had a single issue.

The expansion is the best one for me personally since wotlk but comparing a just started expansion with a finished expansion is not fair because pre-ulduar wotlk was lacking in terms of raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2016-09-12 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    WoD was amazing at this point too. I'll wait until 7.1 to compare/judge.
    No it wasn't - this is simply repeating stuff from others.

WoD had literally nothing to do once you leveled to 100, bar some quests/dungeons (which lacked significantly compared to Legion).

Deleted
    based only on what i have seen in game so far i'd give it like 3 or 4. leveling is the expected quality, with some minor ups and downs compared to WoD. Mythic dungeons are very easy, normals and heroics already largely obsolete, worse/same as WoD. World quest sound great on paper but it's just pandaria levels of dailies just slighly less required, and the rewards are already tapering off in value, many people will simply stop doing them when revered with all factions, aka in a week or two. the new legendary system is simple bad without a way to combat RNG. professions are great but ultimately not a major part of the game. arfitacts are cool but you will be done with them in 3months orso and there is no info on the future added features, which will make or break the system, currently it's definitely not a expansion long feature.

based on what i know is coming, i'd give it a 6 maybe 7, adequate. mythic+ dungeons could be great or could be meh depending on just how it turns out. raids are of the expected quality, personal loot is great, but the excessive amount of warforge RNG is worse then ever, stats are more boring then ever. The fact that they only planned for 2 raid tiers is disturbing, the fact that when they decided to move to 3 raids tiers the way to do it was to cut the first tier in half is outright alarming. between legendaries, adding new mandatory things to world quests, endless RNG loot, the grind is bigger then ever which is both good and bad. leveling alts in the future will be pretty shit unless they add some serious catch up mechanics to make unlocking world quest not require completing story quest in 5 zones.

TLDR: long term is more of the same with a few evolutionary changes as per ussual.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-12 at 07:25 AM.

Somewhere between a 8 and a 9. Voted 8.

PROs: a lot of them
    Cons: Suramar, Alt Experience, a bit too much time gating, professions... could at least gate only rank 3 recipes not everything behind a 20-30 chain.
    Smaller Cons:some pathing issues, treasures and shit being hidden in the most unreachable places ever, monk roll/flying dragon bug, every World Quest boss being "in a cave" oh GOD why!, BG reward still appear above leave BG button, blood elf racial silence tooltip bug, a bit too much homogenization in PVP.

15+ Year Old Account
    6/7 it's decent but hasn't got me hooked, I play 1 or 2 hours a day and that's it. I really dislike the artifacts and think i'll eventually quit wow altogether this time around.

Deleted
    I gave it a 10, because im really enjoying it. Allready way more then Cataclysm, Pandaria and Warlords. Especially the world quests and the professions training. Its all way better then before.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Towards the guy you quoted, I also totally lack words.
    Im going to third that! Cant find any reasons it would score lower than atleast a 7-8.
    But seeing the majority of threads on this forum with all the "ermahgerd i wont resub herp derp"
    im not that overly surprised...
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2016-09-12 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemona1d View Post
    I gave it a 9. Memes aside I really think demon hunters could use a good hard look through the devs' eyes and their Order Hall campaign ending was really lackluster but overall the expansion has been wonderful.
    I have my own personal star destroyer. I'm very happy with how the campaign ended.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    9, because (almost) everything I saw/played until now is really many good things. I don't know all the fitting words for all of it.
    First: the launch was (at least for me on my realm) flawless. First disconnects or lags and such things came about 3 days after launch and it was because DDOS-attacs and unintended CRZ-problems as far as I know.

Zones look great, fine music, fits even in dungeons. Dungeons are really cool and good looking. Some funny things and/or riddles to solve. Flymaster-whistle, funny quests, sad quests, cinematics and and and.

The things I don't like: questlog got some small changes that are mostly annoying, ore-nodes that are not accesible or phased and little things like that. There are some more 'annoying little things', but these come first to mind.