Poll: 1-10

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    9. Lack of flying, a bit lackluster dungeons and MM becoming my most hated spec (from favourite) removed 1 point. Overall, suprisingly amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    WoD was amazing at this point too. I'll wait until 7.1 to compare/judge.
    Amazing?nuh...we were just impressed by the garrisons/followers for a month or something.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    8 so far from me. It's far from perfect, but it is the best WoW experience since WotLK IMO.
    Pros
    1)There is a point to do dungeons again,
    2)Something to do out in the world while you are doing something else (albeit grindy),
    3)Professions don't feel like a complete waste of time to have, just a lot of time investment to get good (As they should be),
    4)Leveling isn't an awful experience after the first time through like it was in WoD.

Cons
    1)It feels like it isn't fully fleshed out,
    2)A lot of quests aren't explained very well, and a lot of quest markers are just plain wrong,
    3)Class halls are boring, just like Garrisons were boring,
    4)Class and spec balance is in chaos.

On scale 1 to 10, I give it over 9000.

A Seven from me. First time leveling was fun, doing it a second time now and knowing the grindy rep gates that wait is annoying. Getting your weapon is the best experience yet though. Those stupid man crack elves have to be the stupidest race to date, and that city is a maze, only fun part in it is killing people on a Dino.
    What an illusion.. What are you hiding!

Deleted
    9, it's just really good. I'm at my 3rd 110, and the class order hall progression and class specific campaigns really do it for me. My Shaman, Rogue and Druid each have amazing quests and stories to play through. Especially the Rogue Artifact introduction quests are a joyride.

Zones are great, throughout, and dungeons are ok (a bit too much meaningless trash). The art and music are the best they've ever been, gameplay feels good on all 3 of my toons. Profession questing system is nice as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have given it a 7 out of 10.

I don't feel able to justify a higher rate until I have finished the exploration of the world, as well as tried at least another class.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Launch is a 9 almost a 10 but the patches will determine overall score

A solid 8. Biggest issues that come to mind are alt related, since I'm really gotten into them in WoD and had a dozen lv100s waiting for Legion even before the invasions xp pinata. Now, while it's not a big deal to level them to 110, the whole artifact grind seems an impassable mountain to climb for more than maybe 2 or 3 characters. Reputations seem to really drag as well, but at least they can be ignored after one time. Your weapon, not so much. As for flying, I'm not really finding that an issue, the whistle is such a short cooldown. Of course it's not the same, but it does help the moving around part quite a bit.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

The good:
    - Dungeons are fun and creative
    - I enjoy mythic modes
    - Launch was relatively smooth
    - I like the mythic mode lfg
    - I like the personal loot system
    - Leveling was not too painful
    - I like the crafting system

The Bad
    - Blizzard has moved a lot of it's team to Overwatch and it shows. The class I play for instance Prot paladin has had a broken mastery since beta. How is it broken? 350 Mastery is supposed to give 1% block. My character sheet will show my mastery giving me +22% block, and yet right at the bottom of my character sheet, my total block chance will be 18%. With no equipment and no mastery, it's 10% (not negative 4%). This has been reported and asked about several times with no answers. It blows my mind that such a simple to fix bug with huge implications could go unanswered for 6+ months.

- Blizzard has again shown that it sucks at math. Let's be real, they can hire any PHD student in math to run simulations for DPS and adjust the numbers on abilities to get all classes within 2% DPS. That student could probably do it within a month, and they could give that student a dirt cheap paycheck. Yet 12 years in and they continue to prove that they have no idea how to balance numbers.

The things I enjoy about this game are dungeons and raids. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe when people cry for more content, they want more dungeons/raids/scenarios. I've never enjoyed daily quests, and blizzard has essentially given us more dailies in the form of world quests. They were cool and fun for 2 days, not because I enjoyed them, but because of the gear upgrades.

Artifact power, the rep requirement for Arcway/ Court of Stars, and the Emissary % chance for Legendaries makes it feel like dailies are just as mandatory or worse than MoP. At least in MoP, when I hit exalted with a faction I could say F' them and never be compelled to do another daily ever. In Legion, it seems like I will be compelled, at least by my guildmates and raid leader to forever do dailies until I get all legendaries and max out my Artifact weapon... oh wait, they're not sure if it'll scale infinitely with infinite AP gains...

AP also lowers their content available. Why? In the past, if you were like me and enjoyed the raid and had more time, you could raid again in a different role tank-dps-heal and the raid would be an entirely different experience. AP's infinite farm essentially kills the alt game.

Any world quest that spawns and has a duration of 3 hours is BS. It's like Blizzards model is trying to push us to be online all the time, but only with the same toon. It's already getting stale...

It just feels like Blizzard has given a giant middle finger to any working adult who wants to raid mythic... and mythics aren't even out yet!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    based only on what i have seen in game so far i'd give it like 3 or 4. leveling is the expected quality, with some minor ups and downs compared to WoD. Mythic dungeons are very easy, normals and heroics already largely obsolete, worse/same as WoD. World quest sound great on paper but it's just pandaria levels of dailies just slighly less required, and the rewards are already tapering off in value, many people will simply stop doing them when revered with all factions, aka in a week or two. the new legendary system is simple bad without a way to combat RNG. professions are great but ultimately not a major part of the game. arfitacts are cool but you will be done with them in 3months orso and there is no info on the future added features, which will make or break the system, currently it's definitely not a expansion long feature.

based on what i know is coming, i'd give it a 6 maybe 7, adequate. mythic+ dungeons could be great or could be meh depending on just how it turns out. raids are of the expected quality, personal loot is great, but the excessive amount of warforge RNG is worse then ever, stats are more boring then ever. The fact that they only planned for 2 raid tiers is disturbing, the fact that when they decided to move to 3 raids tiers the way to do it was to cut the first tier in half is outright alarming. between legendaries, adding new mandatory things to world quests, endless RNG loot, the grind is bigger then ever which is both good and bad. leveling alts in the future will be pretty shit unless they add some serious catch up mechanics to make unlocking world quest not require completing story quest in 5 zones.

TLDR: long term is more of the same with a few evolutionary changes as per ussual.
    TLDR: You are quite misinformed on a few notes, mythic dungeons will be up there alongside PvP and raiding, no issues from what I saw on beta. WQ scales with your ilvl so will always be relevant, and it's something to do for a quick reward. Raids are 3 tiers, EN and nighthold + the small 7.1 raid are tier 1. It's not split. Just spread out time wise.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    5/10

Right now I am on the fence, will have to see what raids and mythic+ brings. However I am currently unimpressed, dungeons are in the worst place in the games history and world quests are just a reworked daily quest system. I was hoping for more to do at 110 that 10 dungeons on a 7 day lockout and repeating all the quests I did while levelling...

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m going for an 8.

Pros
    Suramar –I love it! Being gated behind rep is a bit of a pain but it means that I’m not burning myself out on it straightaway.
    Levelling –Again, I like the options to pick and choose zones as I fancy.
    Professions –I’m enjoying the quests, great fun.

Cons
    Alt levelling –OK, it’s maybe a bit unfair as we are only a couple of weeks in but I’d like something to make the grinding a little less painful (Suramar)
    Some of the quest text is a bit vague.

Looking forward to the next patch to see how it progresses. I have some niggles but all in all, I’m really happy with what Blizzard have delivered.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think its a 9 the elite mob part in suramar keeps it from getting 10

9 so far. Best launch and base game of any expansion so far IMO. I am out in the world doing stuff, each class has their own unique storyline, dungeons are relevant.

Hopefully the raids are fun and the content keeps flowing.

Deleted
    Like many others I'm giving it a clear 9.

I've only leveled two characters so far, and the second time was even more enjoyable than the first solely because it wasn't a f#cking warlock )))))))

On-topic - really liking it so far. Zones are beautiful and I love the amount of different dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartcorgis View Post
    Like many others I'm giving it a clear 9.

I've only leveled two characters so far, and the second time was even more enjoyable than the first solely because it wasn't a f#cking warlock )))))))

On-topic - really liking it so far. Zones are beautiful and I love the amount of different dungeons.
    I leveled as affliction and it was awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    TLDR: You are quite misinformed on a few notes, mythic dungeons will be up there alongside PvP and raiding, no issues from what I saw on beta. WQ scales with your ilvl so will always be relevant, and it's something to do for a quick reward. Raids are 3 tiers, EN and nighthold + the small 7.1 raid are tier 1. It's not split. Just spread out time wise.
    no doubt the quality of mythic+ (definately not mythic) dungeons will be where it needs to be, but that doesn't mean they are going to a successful feature automatically. organized raiders and pvpers probably don't really want to commit another 1 or 2 days a week to sidegrade gear. A lot more casual players are probably put off by the pressure of the timer or the affixes. On the other hand it can be a great feature for people who can't/won't commit to organized play on a larger scale. There is no way to predict the popularity of this feature ahead of time.

WQ scaling with your ilvl means nothing unless you are a very casual player, in which case it will provide you a along term progression path. Everybody else will get gear faster by doing other activities, and will only do world quest when they see a particularly lucrative reward once in a while. For example right now, a gear reward world quest will only be worth it for me if it has the secondary stats i desire and it warforges at least 10 ilvl. This will be no different a month from now when i will have mostly raid gear. It's never going to be more then a nice bonus. Which means popularity of world quest will plummet untill the next patch, it's not gonna stay constantly popular all the time.

As for raids, if Nighthold was part of the first tier they wouldn't make the 7.1 raid and just release nighthold then. Nighthold will come out maybe around march/april/may, which coindidentally is about 1 tiers lenght away from now. Nighthold (tier 2) will then last another 6-8 months, then Tomb of Sargeras (tier 3) will last 8-12 months, then next expansion (if you want to believe their no content draught claims untill it happens, go ahead, i take it to mean no contant draught during the expanision, but still one at the end). Maybe they add another small bonus raid ~6 months orso into tomb of sargeras but i don't see them adding another 10+ bosses without making the expansion last longer then 2 years, even if every raid tier last 6 months exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    I leveled as affliction and it was awesome
    So did I. But compared to leveling my rogue the experience was far more enjoyable as melee IMO. I'm looking forward to the warlock changes whatever they may be, since I do prefer ranged DPS usually.

15+ Year Old Account
    8/10 or 9/10

I still disagree with Blizz decision of no flying (make it unlockable now not in 7.2 after doing a lot of stuff) and 20 man mythic only (the argument for not changing it to 15 man is not existent, they said it themselves). I kinda get that they won't do it flex style, because it would kill any kind of world first race, but changing it to 15 wouldn't affect that and still greatly benefit the majority of players improving the organization effort needed for high difficulty raiding and still maintaining Blizz 'every class will be able to get a raid spot' idea.

The rest of the game is excellent so far. Enjoying the theme, world quest and order halls are amazing additions to the game, classes are fun (playing DH and Druid), dungeons look good, lots of effort put into suramar, despite the artifact playing alt specs is as easy as ever imo up to a dungeon level. Beyond that it might be annoying to completely reroll though.

Little things that annoy me:
    trinket/relics for WQ are not based on your spec. wtf why?
    legendaries seem super random - there should be a significant advantage in getting them for investing more time IMO. doesn't seem to be the case
    I don't really get the point of sated staying after a wipe

Yeah and DPS balancing. Healer and tank seems alright for the most part.

'The community doesn't do a great job when something is 1% better and they claim it is the only viable option and everything else is garbage.'

That quote is such a massive strawman. It feels borderline insulting.
    People aren't complaing because of miniscule differences. The are complaining because some specs are like 1.5 times more effective than others and despite pointing it out during alpha/beta NOTHING is done.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-09-12 at 11:50 AM.