Thread: MM fix idea

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM fix idea

Take away sidewinders completely. Let mm hunters just use arcane shot and multishot but give both shots the same cool down and focus regeneration of sidewinders. Make aimed shot castable while moving and revert mastery to the old wod style ( I think it was called sniper training) the new mastery is what is causing barrages problems anyways. Boom. Perfect spec.

- - - Updated - - -

And replace sidewinders with a talent that's makes arcane shot and multishot spammable like currently for those that enjoy that. I'm a genius.

No, you are not. Sidewinders is fine.

Yea, I don't have any issue with Sidewinder, but I don't see any harm in just making Arcane Shot do the same damage as Sidewinder and then instead of having the Sidewinder trait replace arcane shot, just put them on the same cd. That way, you could just use Arcane Shot in situations where you're worried of tagging an extra add without any change to your DPS or rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    No, you are not. Sidewinders is fine.
    It seems, at least from the official forums, that the majority of MM hunters despise Sidewinders.

Personally, Sidewinders can stay. I don't care. What pisses me off is that if I don't use Sidewinders and Patient Sniper, I suffer a 30% dps loss.
    The Hunter dev team needs to be fired, they absolutely butchered the class this expansion.

You will still have everything that sidewinders is in multishot. You will just have the option of a single target only "sidewinders" ie. Arcane shot. It changes nothing but an improvement of qol for everyone.
    Last edited by sololux; 2016-09-12 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    You will still have everything that sidewinders is in multishot. You will just have the option of a single target only "sidewinders" ie. Arcane shot. It changes nothing but an improvement of qol for everyone.
    Multi-shot doesn't have the range and spread of Sidewinders by a long shot, MM wouldn't be this good at cleaving spread targets if not for Sidewinders.

Pipboi : Only mistake they made was giving it a "snake" visual, replace it with wind arrows (would go nicely with MM artifact traits) and people would not be so worked up about it, I guarantee it.

People don't like it because they don't have an option to not aoe

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leave the mastery alone. It works perfect as is now. Sheesh....

I could care less about the +20% range. The +80% damage on all focus spenders is nice.

Vs the must stand still to get a bonus mastery.

People don't like it because they don't have an option to not aoe
    What's the problem with doing max single damage while doing AoE at the same time ? (Apart from being too strong, which is a problem that I agree) It feels good.

Breaking cc in pvp. Aoeing adds that need to die in an order or not aggro in pve.

Make aimed shot castable while moving
    I really don't get why we need to be 100% mobile all the time. Adjusting for movement is what's gonna differentiate the good from the mediocre. MM's been given plenty of tools to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Leave the mastery alone. It works perfect as is now. Sheesh....

I could care less about the +20% range. The +80% damage on all focus spenders is nice.

Vs the must stand still to get a bonus mastery.
    The mastery is what is causing barrage to hit stuff a mile away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheJazz View Post
    I really don't get why we need to be 100% mobile all the time. Adjusting for movement is what's gonna differentiate the good from the mediocre. MM's been given plenty of tools to do so.
    The old mastery did that as well. Stand still for a few seconds and major dmg buff incurs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old mastery increased the range also. So, no change there. I could care less if I pull extra crap. Learn to run with people that can handle more then one mob at a time. Dungeons go plenty quick with a Marksman hunter.

Breaking cc in pvp. Aoeing adds that need to die in an order or not aggro in pve.
    Go BM in PvP, it's better. (Edit : But if you want to play MM, positioning)
    Aggro in PvE is a matter of positioning, i.e. part of learning to play with it, mastering the spec.
    Adds that needs to die in an order : If every one is focusing the good add, MM AoE will not kill other adds before the one you are focusing. And if adds are not grouped together but spread, again you could just position yourself to just hit the ones you want.

Learning demands time I know.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-09-12 at 05:18 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Though, it is kind of funny that on Mythic Eye.. it's possible to put out too much Cleave damage on the first boss. I don't bother to even switch to the adds and we found they die before he throws his spear. Ah well, I guess that was going to be an issue either way eventually... Note: a paladin can bubble off the spear bleed.

The old mastery didn't increase range as drastically as this mastery. That's why we didn't have all these barrage complaints for the last 2 years like we do now.... going another spec isn't as easy or efficient as you make it sound considering the hours needed to farm artifact power and such. These changes wouldn't change a thing about your current rotation other than give you more options.

The old mastery did that as well. Stand still for a few seconds and major dmg buff incurs.
    Only difference is that your ability to cast properly gives you the dmg buff and not a stat. Currently if you play right, you can basically lose no damage while moving if it's not more than like 3 seconds (hey, just like old mastery).

Quote Originally Posted by TheJazz View Post
    Only difference is that your ability to cast properly gives you the dmg buff and not a stat. Currently if you play right, you can basically lose no damage while moving if it's not more than like 3 seconds (hey, just like old mastery).
    Right. So no change but a qol improvment.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    6.2 Mastery: Increases damage, critical strike damage and shot range by % each when standing still. (5% plus 1% per 176 mastery)
    7.0.3 Mastery: Range increased by 5%. (5% plus 1% per 560 mastery) Focus spending abilities deal 20% increased damage. (20% plus 1% per 140 mastery)

So, yeah... you actually have to have more mastery now for the same range modifier as you did with the 6.2 mastery.

On live right now, I have about 8800 mastery. My range is +20.7%, so ~48 yards. If mastery had stayed the same, my range would have been +50% or 60 yards. And my damage would have just been less.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-09-12 at 05:49 PM.

Well regardless the percentages could be tweaked for now to make it work. People weren't stacking mastery back then as mm so barrage evidentally never had its chance to reach out as far as it does now.