Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Insane herb prices

Jesus fuck. Are the herb prices this high on other servers, or are there just barely any herbalists on mine?

Do some research

Starlight rose is only one herb per node, with a chance at receiving a gray item instead of the actual herb until you get rank 3 which is a low chance random drop.

It's designed to be expensive.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

73g per on Laughing Skull, as of sometime last night. (changes almost hourly)

120-150g on my server. They're a pain in the ass to farm, and you need 7 for ONE flask. Not surprised prices are this high...

I'm a herbalist with the first level of Starlight gathering and I still have yet to even gather one actual herb. So yea, the price is much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    (changes almost hourly)
    So true. On Tichondrius this goes from being anywhere from 60g - 150g in a matter of hours.

Think its gonna get worse with raids coming up. Just the alchemy quest requires a lot already then you can make the flasks

Ive made 100k just from Ah flipping this Herb. Also got real lucky and got rank 3 after farming about 600 Herbs. The only issue i found, is making the flask and pots. People are undercutting so hard on Dalaran US ( sure its the same on most servers) that i find it hard to make a profit from them.

Also Starlight Rose is the Lotus of Legion so it being expensive in singles is perfectly in keeping with the pricing structure of earlier expansions, it'll drop lower though a while after raids open since there are a lot more Rose nodes than there ever were Lotus nodes or Lotus drops from other herbs.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Do some research

Starlight rose is only one herb per node, with a chance at receiving a gray item instead of the actual herb until you get rank 3 which is a low chance random drop.

It's designed to be expensive.
    The Starlight Rose nodes are significantly more common than the other ones. It balances out.

It's a market signal for herbalists to go to Suramar and herb more, for people to bring up their herbalist alts, switch to herbalism, etc.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Dreamleaf is significantly easier to farm and the best herb to mill for Sallow Pigment. Starlight Rose is just obnoxious to farm. Prices are outrageous on Earthen Ring but so are all the other herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Think its gonna get worse with raids coming up. Just the alchemy quest requires a lot already then you can make the flasks
    Yeah, this is what worries me. The Alchemy quest requires 80 of these things in total, so I'm going to have to spend at least 8k just to complete one quest...blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, this is what worries me. The Alchemy quest requires 80 of these things in total, so I'm going to have to spend at least 8k just to complete one quest...blegh.
    Honestly, you could have expected that. Herb/Ore(/Leather) prices are always very high at the start of new expensions, because many people just pick crafting professions without the appropriate gathering profession.

What's really awesome are the pieces of shit who post Starlight Rosedust on the AH, hoping to catch someone not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    The Starlight Rose nodes are significantly more common than the other ones. It balances out.
    At least below 800 skill, it doesn't even come close to balancing out, not when you're pulling 4-5 plants out of a single node in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    It really does not. I have 5000 Aethril and 200 Startlight Roses. The other herbs are significantly easier to farm in high quantities.
    There may be plenty nodes up, but it still takes a long time to farm it - and I do have Rank 3 Starlight Rose.

In the meantime on my medium-pop realm all other herbs also have plenty nodes up, maybe not quite as common and closely packed as Startlight Rose, but when you get 5-7 per gather, its still much much faster.

Supplying a raid with flasks will either cost millions of gold or require a lot more herbalists then we currently have in Suramar.

Deleted
    Insane herb prices? Maybe but it does not surprise me at all. Here's why prices are so high:

-People entered Legion loaded with money from WOD's garrison
    -Herbs are pain to farm
    -Herbs are real pain to farm cos you cannot fly
    -There is no herb garden in the class hall for every-fking-body.

Gathering is worth your effort again and that's great. No one gives a shit about gathering when herbs are worth 1g each on AH. Now I actually do give a shit.

These prices didn't even shown what they're capable of. Wait until raids and mythic+ open. Atm people don't really use those expensive potions and flasks. You're fine with WOD ones for regular mythic dungeons.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-09-13 at 08:00 AM.

not only herbs...all mats now has an insane price!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    What's really awesome are the pieces of shit who post Starlight Rosedust on the AH, hoping to catch someone not paying attention.

At least below 800 skill, it doesn't even come close to balancing out, not when you're pulling 4-5 plants out of a single node in other areas.
    Actually you need 20 starlight rosedust to do the rank 3 quest. If you don't know this prior to getting this quest, and you vendored the items, you will curse yourself for not knowing and then go buy them on the auction house. As your herbalism skill increases, you get more and more stardust and less rosedust. I actually have to spend effort into finding the rosedust before I get the rank 3 quest cause I vendored mine at the start. I've gotten 6 stardust from a single node once. All it takes is high herbalism skill.
    Last edited by mmoc43f55f6bb2; 2016-09-13 at 09:17 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    I've gotten 6 stardust from a single node once. All it takes is high herbalism skill.
    Considering I have 797 herbalism and never got more than one, I'm rather skeptical. If you include the randomly spawning Withered who drops five roses then yeah, you can get six - and it has nothing to do with your gathering skills.