Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Ye, World quests are just dailies that you don't need to pick up, and give extremely good rewards for minimal effort.
    Dailies are one thing. But dailies at max level are still supposed to be new quests. Not old quests from the leveling experience.

Deleted
    It is true that some of them are becoming boring and repetitive very quickly, I actually doubt there are over thousand quests as they claim there are. Still better than dailies though, Suramar complements WQs quiet well. I dont see this lasting more than 4-5 months if you play only your main character.

I am currently far away from definition of "average wow player" because I have been playing alot since launch, but honestly if you log once a day there is always rewarding stuff to do for atleast 1-2 hours (which you cant say about WoD) and with rewards scaling I dare to say this will always be the case in Legion. (the best thing about WQs is that they can be easily implemented along with scaling technology in every single old zone...which if you imagine can provide ton of content...)

Anyway, 7.1 should bring more WQs. People dont understand that diminishing returns on WQs´rewards mean you should not farm them whole day, if you do like daily emissary quest, some WQs you like or offer good rewards, maybe a daily heroic/PvP and then you can safely play your alts, people who farm artifact power now like crazy will be maybe 5% stronger than you while you will spend 5x less time getting there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Eh, I always found it disappointing how we'd go help in an area, yet never return to help more
    Helping more is one thing, but doing the exact same quest is just reusing the same quest. Why would it make sense to kill the same named mob again? It's already bad enough a daily is repeated ad nauseum, but it's even worse, when it's a daily we already did 10 levels ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...and most daily quests (from which WQs derived) were repeats of leveling quests as well.
    From previous expansions? Uhm, no. Actually go back and do Mists of Pandaria dailies. That is definitely not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Did you seriously expect an endless amount of additional content at level 110 of brand new quests that will last the rest of the expansion?
    Strawman, I never said that. I simply expected new quests, and not rehashed quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If so, lmao'n at you my dude.
    Kiddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Helping more is one thing, but doing the exact same quest is just reusing the same quest. Why would it make sense to kill the same named mob again? It's already bad enough a daily is repeated ad nauseum, but it's even worse, when it's a daily we already did 10 levels ago.

- - - Updated - - -

From previous expansions? Uhm, no. Actually go back and do Mists of Pandaria dailies. That is definitely not true.
    If you're going to argue against thematic elements, there's a lot you can pick at, like how it encourages you to rekill enemies in dungeons/raids more than once that logically should stay dead. (I really hated that about the legendaries in MoP and WoD. They thematically set up a scenario where you're supposed to repeat same-content over and over where it makes no logical lore sense in favor of gameplay)

(Ultimately, though, I think that, and this, is mostly just nitpicking.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Word for word. Still fail to see why you complain.
    Ok. You can't read then.

The quest in Val'sharah where you are a wisp. Quests where you have to kill moonkin or sprites in Val'sharah. Harpies in Highmountain. I just did a quest in Highmountain where the Wardens told me to "kill" Arru, the bear. I already did that quest in the zone when I was leveling up! The Tauren there even said, after you bring Arru down to 50%, that he won't be a threat anymore, and instead will be a great aid. Well that didn't last long. Never trust a bear. I really don't want to do that quest again, when I already did it leveling up. And there are so many that we already did as quests in the zones while leveling up. I want something new at max level.

I thought world quests were gonna be new content. Not the same quests we did leveling up. Only a handful of quests are new.

And some are just lazy in general, like fishing 10 fish. Come on. And then the PvP world quests are, as far as I can see, the same quest. No matter in which location it is, it's always a 100% bar with killing a guard on top of the tower. A lot of the voice acting is the same, too, like what Genn says or the Warden.

And a lot of the quests are just 100% bar quests. That is just like the apexis dailies in WoD.
    The bar quests are usually done in 2 minutes tops. Unlike the wod apexis objectives that took around 10 mins to do iirc.
    In short, world quests are fine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Also, has anyone else noticed this influx of people with low post counts that are suddenly busy busy busy trying to paint Legion in a bad light...?
    Stop spreading lies about me. I like Legion. I made this thread, too.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enor-did-wrong

Doesn't mean I have to like everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    The bar quests are usually done in 2 minutes tops. Unlike the wod apexis objectives that took around 10 mins to do iirc.
    In short, world quests are fine!
    And? They are still lazy quests. I want quests that are fun.

I don't mind. Dailies were a handful of the same quests done every day. World Quests are a breath of fresh air in comparison, even if some share the same objectives as leveling quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, who said that it was about you? Victim complex much? I don't consider over 190 post count all that low, but those with below 100 posts? Or even below 50? I've seen more of those posters since Legion pre-patch and even more now since it released fully.

And I'm having fun with the WQ's, fun is subjective and there's no guarantee you wouldn't think entirely NEW quests weren't "fun!" either... or are you entertained by something just because it's new? Then I've got this entirely NEW (to you at least) rock to sell you!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-12 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought world quests were gonna be new content.
    You thought wrong. It was quite clear that world quests would include leveling quests as well as some new ones.

Why was it clear? Because Blizzard said outright that they would do this. The reason is to mitigate the usual daily quests that repeat every other day or so for months. Personally I'd rather have the variety with much less repetition.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What is kind of amazing here is that people are strongly defending repeating-rehashed content.

I mean wow... WoD set the bar so low that people seem happy to do this.

I can't wait to see how long this feeling lasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    whats the problem with recycling a quest
    Wow.

Amazing. What's the problem with recycling content. Yeah, I don't know bra, I like doing the same thing I did 10 levels ago. Maybe they should make me do some all of the quests again. It's new content!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    What is kind of amazing here is that people are strongly defending repeating-rehashed content.

This. I don't get why people defend this. I mean I don't think it makes Legion shit, but at the very least it should make you go "huh, that is kinda lazy".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GroanaLisa View Post
    You thought wrong. It was quite clear that world quests would include leveling quests as well as some new ones.
    Really? Where did they make that clear? Was that on the box? Did they mention that at Blizzcon? I must've missed that. Come on, enlighten me, GroanaLisa.

I don't know about the rest, but I'm defending the FUN I'm having. But then I don't play MMORPG's expecting to never repeat content. WQ's are still a world of improvement over the old daily system where you'd go to the same hub every day after reset for the same quests for x amount of weeks.

The only "kind of amazing" (pathetic) thing here, is the people lurking on the forums just looking for negativity to latch onto because they hate seeing people enjoying Retail WoW.

Out of over 100 WQ's done, I've recognized 3 from my time leveling. And I did Loremaster of each zone before reaching 110.

It's not as big a deal as the OP and some of the Negative Nate-lurkers in the thread likes to pretend. But if you do the WQ's every day, there's bound to be repetition eventually. I see no problem or "laziness" at all in some leveling quests, that you completed once on your journey to 110, are weaved into the system. There's still a ton of entirely new quests waiting... of course, you will reach a point where they too become repetition, which we shall see threads about once the WoD-newbs start realizing that the Order Hall won't become what they had in Legion with the Garrison.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-12 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    I love the reactions in this thread. I praised the game a lot in this thread here.

I love this expansion. But praise the game, and no one reacts.

Criticize just one single aspect of the game, in good will, and in a polite and calm and constructive way and everyone comes out of their caves and flames you.

You Blizzdrones are the best.

"Repeat after me, Blizzard never does anything wrong. You don't have to play the game. Leave us alone in our echochamber."

Doesn't mean I have to like everything.

- - - Updated - - -

And? They are still lazy quests. I want quests that are fun.
    So you just linked a thread where in point one you describe how great it is to get a certain quest type for leveling. Then in point 6 you say: "With world quests, it doesn't feel like that at all. There are always some world quests." and "It feels so open and free" and last but not least "It's the best thing that happened to WoW in a long time."

And then there is this thread, where you say you dislike world quests which are the fun quests you just praised? I also fail to see why you are complaining. You are contradicting yourself. And honestly, "From previous expansions? Uhm, no. Actually go back and do Mists of Pandaria dailies. That is definitely not true.". What an argument. So you think it is worse to have a huge arrangement of random world quests which happened to come by ONCE during leveling, than it is to have the same 2-3 types of dailies rotating and having to do them 30 days in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a lot less repeatable than any dailies have ever been in this game. If you fail to see that you haven't been playing Legion at all or you are just bashing for the sake of bashing. Legion has flaws of course, but world quests is not one of them.

I love the reactions in this thread. I praised the game a lot in this thread here.

I love this expansion. But praise the game, and no one reacts.

Criticize just one single aspect of the game, in good will, and in a polite and calm and constructive way and everyone comes out of their caves and flames you.

You Blizzdrones are the best.

"Repeat after me, Blizzard never does anything wrong. You don't have to play the game. Leave us alone in our echochamber."
    And you're getting extremely defensive since others don't agree with you.

Wow.

Amazing. What's the problem with recycling content. Yeah, I don't know bra, I like doing the same thing I did 10 levels ago. Maybe they should make me do some all of the quests again. It's new content!
    you are arguing against recycling a leveling quest you have done once into a quest you will do hundreds of times. guess what? daily quests are recycled daily. it is the whole fucking point. This is not like recycling a whole raid. you are overreacting to a simple concept. the math is there for you. the difference in doing a quest 101 times and 100 is negligible. get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is 13 days old and people ( a lot of people of my guild and server) already complaining about WQ.
    By the way questing will always be just questing, still the same "content"

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is a lot less repeatable than any dailies have ever been in this game. If you fail to see that you haven't been playing Legion at all or you are just bashing for the sake of bashing. Legion has flaws of course, but world quests is not one of them.
    Amen. MMORPG's, when done correctly, always entail repetition. In Legion, that repetition element is done correctly when it comes to dailies, the very epitome of repetition. They send you into different areas, they can be varied in both content and rewards, they scale with your ilvl to always be relevant etc etc... AND, they'll be building upon it as the expansion goes on.

Amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    you are arguing against recycling a leveling quest you have done once into a quest you will do hundreds of times. guess what? daily quests are recycled daily. it is the whole fucking point. This is not like recycling a whole raid. you are overreacting to a simple concept. the math is there for you. the difference in doing a quest 101 times and 100 is negligible. get over it.
    Another Amen! I didn't feel a single smidgeon of outrage when a WQ surfaced which had me revisit the area with those damned little wooded men tormenting the fairy dragons... It was over just as quickly as when I was leveling, if not quicker, and then I swiftly moved on to many entirely new experiences. However, still QUESTING mechanics... which should be obvious from the name, "World Quests"...