Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP world quests silently nerfed by 300%

They now reset every 6 hours instead of the previous 2 hours.

Can this just not be a thing? Even if PvP quests were too rewarding (something I'd disagree with since I've done tons and most of my best gear is still from non-PvP world quests), it feels really silly to just have content you were doing randomly reduced from being something you can frequently do, to something you can do maybe twice per day.

Changes like this should be in patches. Not things you just wake up and see without even a post explaining the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    They now reset every 6 hours instead of the previous 2 hours.

Can this just not be a thing? Even if PvP quests were too rewarding (something I'd disagree with since I've done tons and most of my best gear is still from non-PvP world quests), it feels really silly to just have content you were doing randomly reduced from being something you can frequently do, to something you can do maybe twice per day.

Changes like this should be in patches. Not things you just wake up and see without even a post explaining the hotfix.
    It was not 2 hours, it was 3 hours for the Tower Quest and 6 hours for the FFA Quest. Now they are all 6 hours. It also was the best way to farm Honor.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I went from level 1 to 8 by spending maybe 40-50 minutes doing these things combined, without facing a single player. It's just way to simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It also was the best way to farm Honor.
    Not really. A 15min AV gives 400-600 honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I went from level 1 to 8 by spending maybe 40-50 minutes doing these things combined, without facing a single player. It's just way to simple.
    Changing the duration doesn't increase the chance you'll see other players.

I really don't understand why these quests don't involve BOTH factions fighting EACH OTHER for the tower, or something to that effect.

The fact that the PVP quests where you actually tend to encounter PVP are the ones where you tend to be fighting your own faction free for all, frankly, is kind of dumb.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Changing the duration doesn't increase the chance you'll see other players.
    The whole point was too much reward for too little effort...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I really don't understand why these quests don't involve BOTH factions fighting EACH OTHER for the tower, or something to that effect.
    Exactly this, they shouldn't be alliance / horde towers, they should be capture points, active for x hours, where you complete your WQ by filling a progress bar by killing players / holding the tower.

The fact that the PVP quests where you actually tend to encounter PVP are the ones where you tend to be fighting your own faction free for all, frankly, is kind of dumb.
    Servers with different ration balance? On mine I would have to wrestle a tower from 60+ horde players all by myself. Much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Servers with different ration balance? On mine I would have to wrestle a tower from 60+ horde players all by myself. Much fun.
    Sharding for tower areas?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever heard of this sharding tech they are sporting these days?

I'm sure there's ways they could balance that if they cared (phasing, sharding, etc), which they clearly don't, because they give PVE quests for PVP rewards in the first place.

They reset every 2h, lasting for 1h45min before ending 15min prior to the next reset. This is how they worked on EU.
    It's not. I've farmed them across 3 characters for the past two weeks - they reset every 3 hours, lasting the full duration - if you looked at the event on the world map it's true that it would state that it ended 15 minutes early, but if you used a world quest addon or actually travelled there, it'd state the full duration. They likely have done this to make sure people don't go there with 10 minutes to go in hope they can finish it.

And yes, this is on EU. They've been resetting at: 00-03-06-09-12-15-18-21-24 server time for Laughing Skull EU and cluster. I can only assume it's the same for rest of europe.

That's assuming it can balance faction, which as of know it definitely doesn't seem to do. Most zones run a 10:1 or so ratio.
    Also, what are you doing with the excess players in the overrepresented faction? "Exclude them" isn't an option, and otherwise it's still the same for them.

Oh boy, have I? The abovementioned 1v60 all day on launch, before I server hopped to be able to live for longer than 3 seconds. Do you propose smaller shards, at a very specific local area? I bet that's easy to implement. (Not)

would be cool if the quests were to attack on one side and repel attack on the other side and switch every 6 hours.

World Quests that actually require the opposing faction to show up to be able to complete them sounds like so much fun. Just in case you didn't notice, that was sarcasm.

The towers are fine as is, and it was admittedly too easy to farm things there, so the nerf is probably appropriate. I do sometimes go to my own tower and defend it, its fun on its own without a quest telling me to go there.

Good. PvP world quests were way too rewarding. You didn't even have to PvP to complete them, and yet, on average, they gave the most AP out of any world quests that spawned on a timer shorter than 12 hours.

They were way too good. Just get over it, OP. They are in line now with where they should have been all along.

Or like 150-300 if you're Horde xD

Deleted
    I wish they'd nerfed the rewards instead of the frequency, I liked doing these ones. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Good. PvP world quests were way too rewarding. You didn't even have to PvP to complete them, and yet, on average, they gave the most AP out of any world quests that spawned on a timer shorter than 12 hours.

They were way too good. Just get over it, OP. They are in line now with where they should have been all along.
    I've farmed both types of world quests and almost half my gear (6 slots) is from PvP quests, while the remaining 8 slots are from PvE. I don't think PvP quests are more rewarding. They seem about equal. Maybe worse when you consider how terrible the PvP trinkets are.

I did get my BiS relic from a pvp quest just because I had luxury to log in in othe middle of the day and catch that quest before it phased out. A guaranteed 840+ with a perfect trait for 6 minutes' worth of work. The only other source is a mythic(low chance) or heroic(even lower chance). Gotta admit, had mixed feelings about that one