Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mainspec Resto people - how are you doing daily & world quests?

For you mainspec resto people...

Are you questing as resto? Are you questing as enhance or ele with lootspec set to resto?
    If you're questing as dps, how much artifact power have you siphoned off into your dps spec weapon?
    If you're questing as resto...I forget what this question was going do be.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke8675309 View Post

Are you questing as resto? Are you questing as enhance or ele with lootspec set to resto?
    If you're questing as dps, how much artifact power have you siphoned off into your dps spec weapon?
    Questing as Enhance, with Lootspec Resto. Atleast from Icy Veins, the stat priorities with Resto and Enhance were kinda similar so I thought it made the most sense. Somehow my Enhance ended up higher ilvl regardless.

I dropped the 7k or whatever to get the first 13 traits.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke8675309 View Post

Questing as enhance or ele, whichever I feel like. Loot spec is always resto and relics I don't need go into enhance or ele. I use 0 AP on anything but resto. It works perfectly for questing and misc fighting stuff because you don't really NEED traits as much as you need ~90 item level on your weapon. I find that enhance proves to be stronger at clearing quests after leveling from 100-100 with just ele.

Deleted
    I do all stuff in resto.

I do everything in Resto. Single target kill times seem fine and I don't have the downtime healing up between mobs that I did when I tried the DPS specs. Maybe that's a comfort level thing on my end though.

Questing as ele. Have 13 points in ele weapon. It's actually slightly higher ilvl than my resto weapon despite prioritizing the latter. Not having any issues with questing.

I quest as enhance, there are no loot rewards from regular quests that award resto gear (trinks and relics are only non-transferable gear) that is better than gear you get from heroics or mythics.

As for world quests, the rewards ignore loot specialization and are attuned to certain specs prior to you starting them. Changing your spec or choosing loot spec for a different spec does not change the rewards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Resto for the most part, with either Mylra or Rehgar (whoever isn't on a mission) and some dps trinkets.
    For some of them I go ele to do damage quicker. Ele weapon has the first 13 traits done (it's super cheap compared to where I'm at in the resto artifact, so it gives you a damage boost for hardly any cost comparatively).

In regards to loot spec, I change it depending on what I'm doing. If I'm doing a boss that only drops main-piece (like chest, legs, blah blah blah) for resto (which will also drop for either dps spec), but it has a trinket or relic for my OS, then I'll switch to that loot priority.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I leveled as ele, realized how terrible it was, switched to enh and love it (too bad I wasted 12 points in ele before putting 12 in enh, but it's nothing compared to the resto artifact costs beyond that), tried questing as resto and found it painfully slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me enhance was just too fun to pass up. I put my first 13 points in doomhammer and I world quest as enhance. It's not that resto won't get the job done, its just extremely boring not having dps cooldowns to use. I'm also on a pvp server so its nice having a fighting chance out in the world if someone decides to gank me.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i leveled as resto druid 2004 until 60 this was painfull in all ways
    And that's exactly why in 2005, I leveled my resto druid as feral to 60 and switched back to resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelejojolele View Post
    Questing as Enhance, with Lootspec Resto. Atleast from Icy Veins, the stat priorities with Resto and Enhance were kinda similar so I thought it made the most sense. Somehow my Enhance ended up higher ilvl regardless.

I dropped the 7k or whatever to get the first 13 traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by dPwnShop View Post
    For me enhance was just too fun to pass up. I put my first 13 points in doomhammer and I world quest as enhance. It's not that resto won't get the job done, its just extremely boring not having dps cooldowns to use. I'm also on a pvp server so its nice having a fighting chance out in the world if someone decides to gank me.
    What 13 points are you guys referring to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quest as Enhance with Resto lootspec. Love it...lots of fun. I can deal out massive amounts of dmg and have decent surv at 825 ilvl.

I got 14 traits (Doomwolves + Alpha Wolf) and it gets the job done. When my Artifact Knowledge gets high enough I'll dump some more points into Enhance but for now I'm putting everything in Resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Yajiboi View Post
    What 13 points are you guys referring to?
    The first 13 points in an artifact total 6000ish points, which is nothing compared to beyond 13. The jump from 13 to 14 is 6000 for one point. Basically it's worth putting points into an OS artifact up to 13 points before focusing on your main. If you google askmrrobot, they have an infographic about keeping an OS artifact close behind your main (I can't link yet).

Yeah, my resto weapon is 18. I just didn't know what 13 points were the most efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Yajiboi View Post
    Yeah, my resto weapon is 18. I just didn't know what 13 points were the most efficient.
    Look at the huge thread in this forum about enhancement resources. The very first post by Wordup has some good links with basic stuff about Enhancement, including the two main paths for leveling your artifact. I went with the top path personally, for my artifact while I was leveling as Enhance. Gonna wait until after I get my 2nd Resto golden dragon before I go for my 14th+ point in it though. Close to that now, but 19th and 20th point are soul crushing with just 2 levels of AK.

http://puu.sh/pKPuK/5b17e055d1.png

questing in ele, keeping the big ones for resto, using the small ones (mostly, had 1 or 2 fuck ups ) on ele weapon, right now resto weapon is 17 and ele is 9

Raid / dungeon as resto. Solo as elemental. The breaking point for elemental to work well was when i got the third relic slot and my gear score popped from 805 to 825. Secondly, using Rehgar as a combat ally is very useful (cast ghost wolf and run around once... you'll see what i mean). And lastly, the biggest helping point was grabbing two relics that gave +15% healing to healing surge (or grab Protection of the Elements) is very useful for solo.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resto for dungeon/raids, Enhance for everything else. I'll even Enhance dungeons if we are overflowing with healers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Resto, usually I can just throw riptides on other people to get the World quests done quicker.