Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the Hurry?

I read all over these boards and the WOW Forums how "fast" such and such player has Ilvl 840 gear, or how many artifact traits they have, or what their reputation is, or how they are tired of questing.

My question is this:

What's the big hurry for?

The game is not a race.
    Being first to kill a boss doesn't matter to anyone except the person who does it. Quick question: which character killed Deathwing first? ERm. don't know and don't care. Doesn't matter.
    Getting geared super fast doesn't make the game different. You still fight the same bosses everyone else does. Yes, maybe you do a little better DPS. If your rank on the DPS meters matter that much to you, maybe you need to do some soul searching about your life.

WOW is a fantastic game. Legion is awesome and different. Slow down and smell the roses.

People on this forum think they are "forced" by their guilds to do these things and if they aren't exactly 850 at least by the time raids come out, they'll be benched.

First off, most people on this forum are a lot less hardcore than they make themselves out to be I would imagine.

Second, if you're in a guild like that, find a new guild.

Third, for the OP, you're on a forum that tends to bring the most vocal/extreme players.

The game is just so ez shit.

Should I play with my feet to make it slow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    The game is just so ez shit.

Should I play with my feet to make it slow?
    most multiplayer games are easy because most of the worlds population needs to be able to play it.

ive noticed the same thing on these forums
    people bitching that theyre already burnt out because they have done 300 world quests
    or have nothing left to do because things are gated behind rep.
    this xpac will be out for at least 2 - 3 years
    i dont get the point of rushing through content at all, legion has been out for 14 days and we already have the QQ threads

There is no hurry, but for me..

Its something new, i like devouring new content mostly because i wanna know WTF is going on and to know it/adapt quickly.

I also hate having downtime or doing pointless stuff in WoW, like pet battles, archaeology etc.

I enjoy playing a lot the first few days then logging only for the necessities and going back to my IRL stuff, that usually means, play a lot the first few days, and the first week, then slow it down when things are achieved, and then slow it down even more, after i am done,legion takes a bit longer than just 1-2 weeks to do that, but i am assuming another 20 days and i wont have to log on apart to raid.

People just play differently, its complete different what you find important and what others do..It was important for me to not miss a mythic dungeon lockout, it was important for me to have Court of Stars/Arcway ready for the second week of Mythic dungeons, its important for me to be exalted with Highmountain in the upcoming weeks for recipes.

Its not important for myself to do pet battles, PvP, archaeology, its not important to run old raids for mounts, etc etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-09-13 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    I read all over these boards and the WOW Forums how "fast" such and such player has Ilvl 840 gear, or how many artifact traits they have, or what their reputation is, or how they are tired of questing.

My question is this:

The game is not a race.
    Being first to kill a boss doesn't matter to anyone except the person who does it. Quick question: which character killed Deathwing first? ERm. don't know and don't care. Doesn't matter.
    Getting geared super fast doesn't make the game different. You still fight the same bosses everyone else does. Yes, maybe you do a little better DPS. If your rank on the DPS meters matter that much to you, maybe you need to do some soul searching about your life.

WOW is a fantastic game. Legion is awesome and different. Slow down and smell the roses.
    Becuase for some of us the game is a competition. Killing raid bosses early is part of the fun.
    You don't have to but I want to.

The game is not a race.
    For some it is.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm not rushing. I just have a lot of time on my hands at the moment seeing as I'm not at college until later this week. It isn't hard to get such a high ilvl you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    People feel the need. As a raid tank for my guild, I do feel the need to get to 110 and get as high of an item level as possible so I can help everyone else through heroics and mythics. No one is forcing me, either, it's just my desire to do so, to be helpful. I suspect plenty of other people are the same. Or they have other motivations: my partner is about to start his new position at EY in a few days so that'll be it for playing for a while. The more he can do now the less he has to do later.

Some people find speed-running enjoyable. I say play the game at your own preferred pace and find like-minded players to play with.

People like to do things differently than you. I get enjoyment out of doing things as fast as I can, you don't, and that's okay.
    Also, Stars got the world first Deathwing kill. People who care do know.

If your rank on the DPS meters matter that much to you, maybe you need to do some soul searching about your life.

I think you should reflect on your own advice right there. Maybe slowpoke is your kind of pacing for a game such as wow - doesn't necessarily mean it's for everyone and it doesn't mean yours is strictly superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the shit show that was WoD, I can't really blame people for wanting to really get into WoW again and Legion provides plenty of ways to eat up your time. Even though I don't really raid much anymore, I still like getting geared and up to par at a decent pace, especially with so many alts to do.

The game is not a race.
    Because the games basically a race.

Let me introduce you to wowprogress: http://www.wowprogress.com/

Wowprogress is thee website top guilds use to rank themselves against other guilds. There is a mountain of things you need to get done before raids open if you're in one of these competitive guilds, and it very much becomes a sprint to get all caught up before raids. Especially if you have responsibilities and aren't just spending 24 / 7 on the game like some people.

Just because *you* don't play the game competitively, doesn't mean others don't. So feel free to slow down and smell the roses yourself, more power to you if you wanna do that, but its not how I and others play the game.

Quick question: which character killed Deathwing first?
    Here's the rankings for tier 13, enjoy.

http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier13
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

For me, I wanted to grind out RBG title, and if you don't get in early, you get in yolo's and you really have no clue if they'll be "good for 4 quick wins" or.. just agony.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    ive noticed the same thing on these forums
    people bitching that theyre already burnt out because they have done 300 world quests
    or have nothing left to do because things are gated behind rep.
    this xpac will be out for at least 2 - 3 years
    i dont get the point of rushing through content at all, legion has been out for 14 days and we already have the QQ threads
    I honestly do not know where people find all this free time to play as much. Either they don't sleep, don't work, or a combination of the two.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

My question is this:

The game is not a race.

A great pokemon trainer once said "I wanna be the very best". So I'm gonna do what I can to get that. Everyone doesn't play at the same pace and that's fine.

Listen, if I have time on my hands right now to play WoW, I will try to get as far as I can into the story and progressing my character. So while I have the time I will "rush" as you put it. Will still read most quests though etc.

So according to you I rushed right? Doesn't matter that I enjoyed myself by continuously playing the game for a short amount of time. Let's say I had 4 days of holiday.
    But look at it this way... The amount of ingame hours I played right now these 4 days... will bring you the same amount of progress when you spent the same amount of time ingame. It might take you a week or half a year... Do you think I will call you out for rushing things? You did spent the same amount of time ingame to reach that level, sooooo?

Leaving a guild?
    People replying and saying that if guilds expect a certain preperation before raiding etc is a reason to leave are fucking stupid.
    A. You joined that guild knowing what it expects. So you actually want those requirements there. Why? Well if these requirements are there, it means that progress is important to the guild. And you joined, so it must mean something to you too.
    B. You would never have joined a guild like this if you did not want it. Guilds whose requirements suddenly change is something different. But you could have seen those changes coming for ages most likely.

My question is this:

The game is not a race.

I think for some people its like an uncontrollable addiction. Get everything and get it fast, no waiting, no enjoying! U think that anyone of them has even seen one single sequence/video? Hell no, videos dont give loot and only cost time! Read any of the quests? Hell no, just follow the arrow and get there asap.
    I really dont understand how u can play a game like that. WoW is fun, Legion is awesome, like u said.
    I enjoy the game all the way, taking it slow, finding new stuff every time I get on. Discovering new places as I wander through..
    It's all about "The journey is the reward!"