Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    My 40k frostbolts are tickling people. I also have no stun, and every class can break novas.

I'd say 10/10.
    Play fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Again: hyperbole.

PvP is an extremely small part of Legion and Legion is by all measures a stellar expansion that's receiving rave reviews.
    Again, not hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole to say the insignificant box contents are an insult. It's not hyperbole to say that needing 360 BGs to get 18k AP is quite excessive. Same for Marks of Honor and so on. It's not hyperbole to say RNG gear drops do not belong in PvP.

What IS hyperbolic is trying to defend it as acceptable game design.

It doesn't matter if the player numbers for PvP are smaller in relation to PvE - no group of players should have to put up with the shitfest that Legion PvP is shaping up to be. They've paid for the game like anyone else and expect quality content and have a right to demand it.

Rave reviews? From who, the usual game site shills or the dragon slaying no-lifers who like endless grinds and killing the same scripted bosses 147 times each? Not so much from PvP'ers, except those that will benefit from a very skewed and cheat-ridden system.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-09-13 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    My 40k frostbolts are tickling people. I also have no stun, and every class can break novas.

I'd say 10/10.
    What about 800k glacial spikes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Again, not hyperbole.
    Rave reviews? From who, the usual game site shills or the dragon slaying no-lifers who like endless grinds and killing the same scripted bosses 147 times each? Not so much from PvP'ers, except those that will benefit from a very skewed and cheat-ridden system.
    Except basically everyone I've talked to in game is extremely happy with this expansion, including pve players and pvp (both casual and high rated people). Also you keep spreading bullshit about pvp rewards, looks like you're either a very perseverant troll, or your reading comprehension isn't too great. Also can you stop using the word "shill" evey post you make? Honestly makes you sound fairly stupid.

who ever the guy was that decided that tanks deal shitton of dmg in pvp, and kann solo a 5 man team, needs to be castrated.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMeta View Post
    I've memorised the location of all graveyards and resurrection points this expansion. (I'm a caster).

Yeah.
    10/10, would read again (fellow caster here) - unless you happen to be a warlock, it's GG if you face melee as a caster these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post

Except basically everyone I've talked to in game is extremely happy with this expansion, including pve players and pvp (both casual and high rated people). Also you keep spreading bullshit about pvp rewards, looks like you're either a very perseverant troll, or your reading comprehension isn't too great. Also can you stop using the word "shill" evey post you make? Honestly makes you sound fairly stupid.
    Sorry if certain words aggro you. *sadface* But here's some news for ya: when they're appropriate I will use them and "shill" certainly fits the game site reviewers.

Maybe you should ask people like Dristereau for example, who in post #125 gave his account of the boxes. Is he a troll too for simply reporting what he's seen? No doubt most people's experience has been similar even though some don't want to admit it. Tough shit if you don't like the facts, but there they are.

"Basically"...I'd say you're spewing caca that "everyone I've talked to in game is extremely happy with this expansion, including...pvp". That's the opposite of what we saw from the official Legion PvP Feedback thread all through alpha/beta, or the Blizz PvP forums now, several MMO-C threads, and on social media. Not a whole lot of "extremely happy" about PvP from those places so far. kek Not to mention anecdotally the dozens of players I know who have quit PvP or unsubbed, in fact whole PvP guilds quitting, or who saw this shitshow coming and didn't buy Legion.

So take a hike with that crap, Voda. Your shiny unicorns don't match up with reality.

Well world PvP is still garbage, but if you went in Legion thinking it was going to be anything but shit then you deserve all the salt. Tanks and DH everywhere, Outlaws and Fire shredding everyone 100-0 within a 5s stun.

Deleted
    Sorry if certain words aggro you. *sadface* But here's some news for ya: when they're appropriate I will use them and "shill" certainly fits the game site reviewers.

Maybe you should ask people like Dristereau for example, who in post #125 gave his account of the boxes. Is he a troll too for simply reporting what he's seen? No doubt most people's experience has been similar even though some don't want to admit it. Tough shit if you don't like the facts, but there they are.

"Basically"...I'd say you're spewing caca that "everyone I've talked to in game is extremely happy with this expansion, including...pvp". That's the opposite of what we saw from the official Legion PvP Feedback thread all through alpha/beta, or the Blizz PvP forums now, several MMO-C threads, and on social media. Not a whole lot of "extremely happy" about PvP from those places so far. kek Not to mention anecdotally the dozens of players I know who have quit PvP or unsubbed, in fact whole PvP guilds quitting, or who saw this shitshow coming and didn't buy Legion.

So take a hike with that crap, Voda. Your shiny unicorns don't match up with reality.
    My pvp guild is having a blast and really enjoying the game. Maybe there's lots of people complaining about the pvp because the people who actually enjoy it are playing instead of crying like every expansion? And regarding the boxes, the FACTS are that when the actual season starts, pvp rewards will be good, unlike now.

Its the usual forum bias, the people that dont like the game, even if they are a gross minority like right now, are more vocal and post more. Dont take what they say seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    My pvp guild is having a blast and really enjoying the game. Maybe there's lots of people complaining about the pvp because the people who actually enjoy it are playing instead of crying like every expansion? And regarding the boxes, the FACTS are that when the actual season starts, pvp rewards will be good, unlike now.
    Could be those complaints come every xpac because Blizz fucks it up worse every xpac? Yeup.

Vague, meaningless "facts" like rewards will be "good"...well mana pots and random seeds are "good" too, right?

Blizz PR dude: "You may receive good lewts, such as various mats, order resources, assorted random PvE flotsam, and sometimes...extra pixels to vendor!!"

Gullible Player #38459: " I can haz mana pots? I WHANT MANA POTS NEOW!!1"

Blizz PR dude: "kk. Lemme reset the RNG thingy. brb..."

Damage seems really high. Playing Ret it frustrates me I have zero fucking mobility, oh boy do I miss emancipate.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Feels like rumors of warlocks survivability have been drastically exaggerated.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd say 10/10.
    Do frostbolts seriously only do 40k damage? Jesus that's absolutely pathetic. They should at least do 100k damage. 40k? When you compare that damage to MoP/WoD health your frostbolts would be doing 8k damage. To further put that into perspective, frost mages in Cataclysm were hitting 8ks non-crit with frostbolts and they had 100-150k hp.

Deleted
    I'm a healer, in a random BG.

10/10. Best PvP experience in this game ever, including Pom-Pyro-DK-Grip.

10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't matter if the player numbers for PvP are smaller in relation to PvE - no group of players should have to put up with the shitfest that Legion PvP is shaping up to be. They've paid for the game like anyone else and expect quality content and have a right to demand it.
    This gave me a good lol. Of course people can demand whatever they want. They have no right to anything, however, and can stop paying whenever they want. I'm a PVP'er turned PvE'er because I know that WoW PvP died a long time ago. I still enjoy the game and do the occasional BG and Arena.

Blizzard doesn't care about WoW PvP and it's pretty obvious. If you want PvP, play Overwatch.

Been having a blast playing random skirms/BGs as Disc. The only issue I see is that there are certain CC's that are game breaking any 5 second or more stun without a way to remove it usually means death. I do have to admit, while frustrating it prevents healers from taking over games because a skilled DPS that knows how to burst at the right time can take down any healer in the game regardless of how well that healer plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    This gave me a good lol. Of course people can demand whatever they want. They have no right to anything, however, and can stop paying whenever they want. I'm a PVP'er turned PvE'er because I know that WoW PvP died a long time ago. I still enjoy the game and do the occasional BG and Arena.

Blizzard doesn't care about WoW PvP and it's pretty obvious. If you want PvP, play Overwatch.
    Since when do customer preferences or satisfaction not matter? Customers have a right to demand a decent product when they have to pay an ongoing fee to continue using the product they've bought. Sure, Blizz can say..."if you don't like it then leave", but that isn't a great way to keep a large customer base in a sub-based game. Downhill sub numbers since Cata have borne that out.

And since you mentioned it, "If you want PvP, play Overwatch." is exactly the strategy that I've thought they've gone to since they conceived HotS and OW...make WoW PvP suck and hope they'll jump to one or both of them. Many have, but that doesn't help the people who don't want a MOBA or FPS.

if you're normal person most pvp you do should be skirmish and if you dont think it's fucked how retri is insta win everygame then you're a moron. dh and ww monk goes in that category too (except if facing a retri)

Best it's been in a long time

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Ignore caolela's posts. He's an off-topic poster that doesn't actually PvP, he just claims everyone who is high-rated is a cheater, apparently. Will just result in a derailed thread as you can't argue with someone that doesn't actually play the game.

---------------

So far, so good though. Hard to tell without any proper arena yet but the gameplay is much better than when I last played beta. There's a few small tweaks that need to be done that will be implemented before the start of season though. Gameplay at the moment, good. Class balance, good for pre-season / start of expac. My main issue is that artifact power gains are very low from PvP, and it's setting me back a bit. It's also a bit annoying that PvE gear is currently better, but the gap will close once the season has started.

Most of the top-PvPers are enjoying it, some are even returning. I guess they're considered cheaters by the above poster though and their opinions don't matter.

There are quite a few underperforming specs though, more than normal. It feels like balance at the moment is either your spec is good or completely trash. There's no inbetween. All the "top" specs feel on equal ground, but the ones that aren't top are utterly useless. But it is the start of the expansion, and balance is normally shit. Like I said, it's still better than beta was.

Arena is actually enjoyable again, from what I gathered from beta. Less emphasis on CD stacking and a lot of kill potential out of CDs for once. It feels less like a routine and more engaging.

Overall, it's looking like a promising start. Blizzard actually seem to listen and respond to feedback more these days, they've got the measures in place for total separate PvP/PvE balancing and they know WoD was a failure. They know they have to make this expansion good or their game is dead for good. I have high hopes for this expansion, and this is coming from someone who wasn't on the WoD hype train.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-09-13 at 08:09 PM.