Thread: New races?

7+ Year Old Account

New races?

Well Legion has started and we might have a little over half left to do before the next expansion next year some time. In the mean time, if they follow the order we should get a new race on the next one - what do you think we'll be getting?

Since there is a lot of Naga behind the scenes in this expansion, I think maybe we'll get to either morph into a Naga, or permanently be one? What are your thoughts on new races that make sense?

Idea for Naga race or class:

- swims faster than any other race (like the worgen self-mount)
    - Can also walk on water
    - Breathes under water
    - When jumping out of the water, higher than usual (stole from Demon Hunters double jump on land)
    - Immune to fear, poison, sleep, etc while in the water
    - ranged magic or standard melee spec
    - Can only choose green skin (jk)
    - Reason: Naga are sick of taking orders from QA and join the alliance or horde respectfully - to either help fight the Legion again, or void lords / other villain.
    - New type of weapon - Trident
    - By default has increased haste
    - They are not tanks
    - Starting zone: Vash'jir
    - Class hall: eye of Azhara - under water in some cave with networked tunnels?]
    - Able to summon other sea creatures for a short period to fight with you - IE: crabs, murlocks, other Naga, Sea Giants, etc.

Specs:
    Trident Mastery
    Sea Summoner

Abilities:
    Wrath of Queen Azshara - summons elemental waters from the south seas to crush the enemy - 1m cd
    Shadow Water - A mix of water and shadow magic is shot at the enemy multiple times, can stack up to 4x as long as HP is above 70% - 30s cd
    Naga Bite - Used in rotation after CDs, bites the enemy causing serve bleeding, persists through entire fight but slowly dissipates - 2m cd
    Bruising Tale - Hits the target with your tale for x damage, 10s cd - used in rotation.
    The Hand that Feeds - Scratch your target with your claws releasing venom into there system. Shadow Magic from the venom slowly heals you - 30 cd
    Mrgggggr! - Unleashes an army of murlocks at your enemy, taking damage over time and prevent them from moving. Murlocks slowly die or retreat back into the waters freeing the target. - 3m cd
    Trident of the Sea - hit your target with your Trident for x damage - 5s cd - main rotation ability
    Sea Burden - Call upon a random sea creature to take your burden, acts as a minion and assists you in a fight for a short period - 3m cd
    Drown - Force waters into the targets throat, attempting to drown them. Keeps them from attacking you for a short period - 2m cd
    Abyssal - A black shroud of water covers the target, they only see darkness. Does max damage - 4m cd
    Old Gods Favor - If below 20% HP,the target instantly dies. The force of the South Seas ejects the target out of Azeroth into the twisting nether, the dark void.. - Mastery ability: 5m cd
    -

Blizzard feel free to steal my ideas.. i'll update this regularly until I run out.
    Last edited by zsecmmo; 2016-09-14 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Well Legion has started and we might have a little over half left to do before the next expansion next year some time. In the mean time, if they follow the order we should get a new race on the next one - what do you think we'll be getting?

Since there is a lot of Naga behind the scenes in this expansion, I think maybe we'll get to either morph into a Naga, or permanently be one? What are your thoughts on new races that make sense?
    ... "The next expansion next year some time"... Um, haven't you been keeping up with their posts lately? We're not getting a new expansion 2017, try late 2018 at the earliest. We're nowhere near "little over half" left at that...

Edit: Did I just swallow a bait here?
    Edit edit: Seems like it. Moving along.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-13 at 10:32 PM.

There honestly aren't that many races left that are truly plausible. Most of the races batted around back during the Vanilla "what will be the new Alliance race" game have been made playable (Worgen, Goblins, Pandaren, Draenei), and the remaining races are an assortment of groupings that either have thin lore rationales to join any faction or models that would make it difficult for them to wear armor or use mounts.

IMO, the only three really viable races left are Arrakoa, Ogres, and Furbolg. All three have good models, lore connections to a faction, and plausible starting regions and stories. And even then, Arrakoa feel far-fetched - given the backlash to WoD, does Blizzard really want to go back to that well again?

We're probably more likely to get another hero class next expac than we are a new race.

It doesn't feel like much thought went into this. Honestly OP it feels like an 8 year old with ADD trying to explain an idea for a cartoon he has. Your hearts in the right spot, but how the heck do you make a Naga race and a Naga class?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It doesn't feel like much thought went into this. Honestly OP it feels like an 8 year old with ADD trying to explain an idea for a cartoon he has. Your hearts in the right spot, but how the heck do you make a Naga race and a Naga class?
    Thank you for the constructive feedback - i've updated it to be either a class or a race, not both.

Thank you for the constructive feedback - i've updated it to be either a class or a race, not both.
    oh, don't mind Humbugged, you need thick skin on these forums

Deleted
    The last few races sucked because they lacked human appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    The last few races sucked because they lacked human appeal.
    worgen are literally cursed humans. How do you make such assumptions
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    We are nowhere close to half-way through this expansion...

I don't see Naga ever being a playable race for either faction. It wouldn't fit within the lore and it would probably be a nightmare to figure out gear/mounts/etc.

As mentioned before, there are other races that make more sense within the lore and already have models that would work for gear and mounts.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next expansion will give us subraces.

I'm also really hoping that Blizzard will decide to overhaul the character creation system (and give everyone a free "redo" on existing toons) in order to give us different body types. It has never made sense to me that my mage has the same muscular physique as my warrior. Warriors deserve to be ripped as all they do is fight toe to toe with their foes. Mages stay at a distance and throw magic. I want to make my mage a fatass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    worgen are literally cursed humans. How do you make such assumptions
    just because something is cursed doesnt mean it has appeal.. how do YOU not know the difference?

appeal in this sense means "the overwhelming majority approval".
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-09-14 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just because something is cursed doesnt mean it has appeal.. how do YOU not know the difference?
    they start off as english speaking cockney humans living in a medieval looking city, the appeal of any race comes from relatability and personal interest.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they start off as english speaking cockney humans living in a medieval looking city, the appeal of any race comes from relatability and personal interest.
    they dont appeal to me. nor did they appeal to the vast majority of players. Pandaren didnt appeal to the majority either, look at all the kung fu panda threads in the past.

all i need as proof of my claims is hyperbole wrapped in anecdotal evidence shavings.

but regardless, the word appeal doesnt mean something looks like a human, but rather that humans were unhappy with the looks/concept. which some were, many were not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    but regardless, the word appeal doesnt mean something looks like a human, but rather that humans were unhappy with the looks/concept. which some were, many were not.
    Well then I think the person who posted that is confused by the word, because obviously a race wasn't popular because people didn't like it...