Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had the theory that we were to hand it back, at least for paladins. We, the players, aren't really what I would see as the 'ashbringer'. You have Arator there, a son of legends. You have Liandrin, you have a damn being of light there too, who is even the high commander of the army of light. The damn thing has its own ship to cruise in.

At the end of Legion, I've always had the theory that I am to hand the artifact to Arator, just seems more right.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I want to keep my artifact x3 It's a glorious High elven weapon!

First quest of the next expansion starts with a great power coming to destroy Azeroth. We are able to stop the first attack but our artifact weapons are destroyed in the process.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I assume they'd do a new set of artifacts altogether, simply because it lets them do a hard reset on artifact traits and progression, as would be required by an expansion launch.

Lorewise, they can make something up, I guess. "Your artifact is losing its power", "you need a special weapon that does X to defeat the bad guy", etc. We'll probably keep the items that we have already, there'll just be some justification for getting a new weapon in a quest.

Based on the reception so far, I think they're going to keep the artifact system in future expansions. It's the Path of the Titans-esque max level, non-gear progression system that they've wanted to do for a long time, and it actually works. No chance that they'll discard it.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. I don't want to go back to 'normal' weapons after Artifacts.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

We Absorb the powers of the Artifacts keeping the innate traits and leaving the weapons themselves just hunks of metal and wood.

THat's my guess anyway

My personal theory as to what will happen to artifacts is that once you begin leveling in 8.X content, you will automatically unlock all the Legion traits, your default skin gets replaced by the "+1" skin you get for completing the class story, and you get a new set of traits to unlock, with a new set of skins to acquire.

Deleted
    We should keep them.

Just add new talents/perks to them and call it a day.

Depending on if they decide to go with artifacts again in 8.0 or not I see several different things happening to them. Some would be reclaimed(Doomhammer, Felo’melorn, Ashbringer) by their ‘rightful wielder’ whether individual, family or order. Some would be destroyed, stolen or lost in the prelaunch event. Since I’m a DK I personally think that the Lich King will claim the weapons for his own purposes and plans and we’ll see them again in some future ICC 2.0 being used by him or by other bosses.

There's no reason that just like the divergence in classes going their own way with their stories that the fates of the artifact weapons need to be all the same.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

We should put them back on a pedestal in our class hall and Blizzard can recirculate them into the lore where they see fit. I don't see them just writing out such powerful icons like the Scythe of Elune from the lore. An entire playable race comes from that thing. Depowering it and letting it sit in a bank would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Suppose that, at the end of legion, say in the final patch, blizzard decided our artifact weapons can't progress any further, and we get to hand them in to their respected order halls in exchange for a more powerful weapon to finish off the expansion on, how would you feel to handing in your artefact weapons for this?
    I think people should prepare themselves for it. It doesn't look or feel like a system that will be evolving.

I'd love it if each artifact weapon was given a final quest that determined where it went lore-wise, sort of like the initial quests to obtain them. Maybe the Maw of the Damned proves to be too "hungry" for the Deathlord, so they have to somehow seal it away. Maybe the Paladin hall is attacked by legions of the Undead, and the Ashbringer loses it's luster after being used to kill them all with some kind of spirit bomb. Bolvar would ask for (demand) the Blades of the Fallen Prince, but first they have to be completely purged of every trace of Arthas. Maybe the Legion or N'Zoth does something to the Sunwell, so there's a quest to throw Felo'Melorn in to reignite it.

I haven't exactly put much thought into any of those ideas, but it's easy to see how each weapon could have a scenario to say goodbye to them in the same way that they were obtained. I think it'd be really disappointing if they were all removed in exactly the same way as each other. These quests could also award weapons to move into 8.0 content, as well as letting players absorb the weapon traits into their base class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    We Absorb the powers of the Artifacts keeping the innate traits and leaving the weapons themselves just hunks of metal and wood.

THat's my guess anyway
    Hunks of metal and wood that turn into cosmetic items of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess in theoretical 8.0, we create our own weapons instead.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

our weapons will be destroyed folks, next expansion to grow upon the artifact weapon system with us forging an entirely new weapon of legend
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    All these people saying the next expac is Argus or void lords or something. ugh, I'm so worn out from space travel and new planets. Can't we stay on Azeroth for another 2 or 6 expansions before becoming space explorers? :c
    wod and bc were the only other planet expansions >_>
    and both of those are draenor...

vanilla, wrath, cata, mop, and legion are all on azeroth...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

That's true, but we literally had one (which most agree was WoW's lowest point) until only two weeks ago. Plus, Warlocks and Demon Hunters have their Order Halls on other planets. I'm not personally burned out on the idea, but I can see how some people could be.

I very much doubt Argus is the next expansion anyway, since Blizzard keeps saying that they don't like to reuse the same main villain/s two expansions in a row. Before anyone says Garrosh or WoD Archimonde, those were only the last raid tiers, and then only as a way to lead into the upcoming expansion. I'd say we're more likely to get our first glimpse of Argus in a patch, and if it is an entire expansion it won't be the next one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    That's true, but we literally had one (which most agree was WoW's lowest point) until only two weeks ago. Plus, Warlocks and Demon Hunters have their Order Halls on other planets. I'm not personally burned out on the idea, but I can see how some people could be.

I very much doubt Argus is the next expansion anyway, since Blizzard keeps saying that they don't like to reuse the same main villain/s two expansions in a row. Before anyone says Garrosh or WoD Archimonde, those were only the last raid tiers, and then only as a way to lead into the upcoming expansion. I'd say we're more likely to get our first glimpse of Argus in a patch, and if it is an entire expansion it won't be the next one.
    well to be fair the first 3 raids of the expansion dont have anything to do with the legion
    nightmare
    valkyr/hellheim
    nightborne
    and most likley naga
    then legion

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    > The Titans are back and Khaz'goroth will be forging our new weapon.
    Good idea, but according to... Xe-... Xa-... that Naaru... the Titans are all but dead. I am sure we will end up on Argus tho, following the Paladin (and Priest too?) Order-Hall chain and the whole... you know... Draenei-Mission? Could be it ends up as a Raid-Dungeon tho. Who knows.

p.s.: I also really liked Archimonde returning in WoD and the way he kickstarted the Expansion. I really like his voice hissing "GUL'DAN... WE HAVE A PACT..." or whatever he said.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

They need to make Azeroth into a rightful planet. Its just 4 continents in a circle surrounding a whirlpool. That cannot honestly be the ENTIRE planet. Stop making more and focus on fleshing the one we have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They need to make Azeroth into a rightful planet. Its just 4 continents in a circle surrounding a whirlpool. That cannot honestly be the ENTIRE planet. Stop making more and focus on fleshing the one we have.
    our planet only has 3 large continents, a large island, and a bunch of tiny islands
    if you base it off land mass

those both look like very decent planets
    (both are not very accurate but it still makes my point)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-09-14 at 06:08 PM.