Thread: Ret Blessings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I tend to pop Kings on the Tank and Wisdom on the healer in any pug I'm in or any heroic queue. I don't know if that tank or healer is good at their role and if they help, even slightly, then it's a bonus for everyone else I guess. Still pop Might on myself.

When it comes to my guild, GBoM on all the DPS; maybe a Wisdom on the healer if it's needed.

All three when I'm doing anything by myself. No reason not to.

These blessings are curse. I normally do 3 Might on dps.. and a healer kept demanding I give him wisdom and even tried to kick me because I said "generally, its best to have Might on all dps" ... the others in the group didnt agree with him thankfully, so he bitched the rest of the time.

Its a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    These blessings are curse. I normally do 3 Might on dps.. and a healer kept demanding I give him wisdom and even tried to kick me because I said "generally, its best to have Might on all dps" ... the others in the group didnt agree with him thankfully, so he bitched the rest of the time.

Its a joke.
    try math and indirect insults by doubting is abilities.

"Soo you "need" 1% mana every 15 seconds? are you that under geared or is your mana-management that horrible?"

"Please enlighten me o wise one how 1% mana every 15 seconds will be worth more than 3% more dmg, thus about 3% shorter fights? Will you reg more than the shorter fight saves you?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    try math and indirect insults by doubting is abilities.

"Soo you "need" 1% mana every 15 seconds? are you that under geared or is your mana-management that horrible?"

"Please enlighten me o wise one how 1% mana every 15 seconds will be worth more than 3% more dmg, thus about 3% shorter fights? Will you reg more than the shorter fight saves you?"
    No offence, but your math is a bit off.

It really is not "extra 3%" DPS.

Tanks (and sometimes healers) also do quite some DPS, which further devalues this percentage.

Let's assume the following situation:
    - You have 3 DPS, each dealing 150k DPS
    - You have a tank dealing about 100k DPS
    - The healer does 0 DPS

After the buff they do at average:
    450*1,03+100+0=563,5k DPS, which is actually just a 2,45% increase.

Of course the situation will be different from this and in most cases in random heroics some dps will do just about as much the tank does; which even further lowers this number.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    No offence, but your math is a bit off.

It really is not "extra 3%" DPS.

Tanks (and sometimes healers) also do quite some DPS, which further devalues this percentage.

Let's assume the following situation:
    - You have 3 DPS, each dealing 150k DPS
    - You have a tank dealing about 100k DPS
    - The healer does 0 DPS

After the buff they do at average:
    450*1,03+100+0=563,5k DPS, which is actually just a 2,45% increase.

Of course the situation will be different from this and in most cases in random heroics some dps will do just about as much the tank does; which even further lowers this number.
    you hang me over roughly 0.5%? you are right no question asked but the point I try to drive home with this is that it is absolutely worthless to buff anything else. if you wan´t to just leave the second half out and the heal will still bitch and feel pissed on.
    Point is train them to not asking for it

I know this might be slightly off topic, but blizzard said this and the other blessings are our "utility", but what if our utility was instead a reverse discipline? a dps'er who does reasonable healing. if blizzard can justify smite priests as a method of healing, whats wrong with making our current immobile spec be able to do some minor amounts of heals while doing serious dpsing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    I know this might be slightly off topic, but blizzard said this and the other blessings are our "utility", but what if our utility was instead a reverse discipline? a dps'er who does reasonable healing. if blizzard can justify smite priests as a method of healing, whats wrong with making our current immobile spec be able to do some minor amounts of heals while doing serious dpsing?
    short answer: 2 charges on a 2 minute cd and FoL casttime

Deleted
    Don't think it's a hate problem, i would understand it if they still require mats like the old days. i'm sure just people don't know how to use them yet.
    i still forget to put them on my self when i'm on my pally, and didn't know untill lately that we could do 3 blessings of same type. A shame i know

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    you hang me over roughly 0.5%? you are right no question asked but the point I try to drive home with this is that it is absolutely worthless to buff anything else. if you wan´t to just leave the second half out and the heal will still bitch and feel pissed on.
    Point is train them to not asking for it
    LOL let's just hope that the Paladins don't run into the same problem as Warlock with Dark Intent in Cataclysm i just thought about that.
    Last edited by mmocb3a784db03; 2016-09-14 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Escene View Post
    LOL let's just hope that the Paladins don't run into the same problem as Warlock with Dark Intent in Cataclysm i just thought about that.
    I have a lock as my main alt since BC. guess were I learned my lesson

@CptKnusper oh cmon thats bs; both of those severely interrupt dps.

Deleted
    @Celebhil that was exactly my point. If they would have wanted us to do some healing they wouldn´t have taken instant flash from us and/or they wouldn´t have made WoG that expensive.
    If that was the intent WoG would have had a high mana cost so that spamming it would have been impossible and 3 judgements for one instant flash also not exactly OP also but both would have allowed us to fill the suggested role.

I think Kings isnt 100% as bad as it's made to be, but I do wish it scaled on something other than just Spell Power. Our utility from WoD (and prior) flatly was thrown out the window for no apparent reason. Probably because they tried to make all hybrid classes have a 'help the healer' option but our specific talent takes away from our mastery/dps directly (Enhancement's is a fire and forget that's buffed by attacks, Elemental's is a CD that heals per their damage, Windwalker's is apart of their rotation if they have one of the two talents for it, etc. Shadow and Feral/Balance w/Resto affinity have to semi-stop casting to help, but their heals have been pretty meaty whenever I see them used and that's still not to say they blow combo points or insanity to use them...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    That used to be Shadow and the old Vampiric Embrace, they changed it to a long *oh shit* cooldown.

It seems other than to set Discipline apart from Holy, they don't want Healers doing DPS or I guess visa versa.