Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1 shard -> 3 shards; low dps -> ?

So we got a hotfix. Out of fight, the shards will regenerate to 3 shards.

Has anyone new dps numbers from single target on HC/mythic dungeon bosses and AE dps on trash grps in dungeons? How much does the hotfix (3 shards) increase the dps?

plz add your gs and spec.

Deleted
    doesnt really matter . its 1 % or less increase

3=3x1
    It triples your DPS, ain't rocket surgery OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    3=3x1
    Also because you are casting more mastery-affected spells during fight, this will definetly raise mastery over versatility, maybe even over intellect.

3=3x1
    I pray this is a joke. But honestly, on these forums, I can no longer be certain.

Perhaps you should actually try playing a Warlock and realize that your responses is so far beyond ridiculous that it is insulting to ridiculous things to lump them all together.

Having 2 extra shards default helps for the first 30 seconds of a fight. It doesn't make that much of a difference in the long run, as, especially in dungeons (Normal and Heroic at least), you'll be pulling too fast to stay out of combat long enough for the regen to get back to 3. It will only really help when your or healer AFKs before a boss fight or something, so you drop back to only 3 rather than 1, if you left the previous fight with 4+. The actual DPS gains are minimal at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    I pray this is a joke. But honestly, on these forums, I can no longer be certain.

Perhaps you should actually try playing a Warlock and realize that your responses is so far beyond ridiculous that it is insulting to ridiculous things to lump them all together.

Having 2 extra shards default helps for the first 30 seconds of a fight. It doesn't make that much of a difference in the long run, as, especially in dungeons (Normal and Heroic at least), you'll be pulling too fast to stay out of combat long enough for the regen to get back to 3. It will only really help when your or healer AFKs before a boss fight or something, so you drop back to only 3 rather than 1, if you left the previous fight with 4+. The actual DPS gains are minimal at best.
    What are you on about? How bad is your math? 3 = 1x3 is clearly three times as much, not "minimal at best" lol.

Just extrapolating this point into an example:

Dungeon build running last night with the change

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GvVn

On trash...it equated to having a RoF at the ready most of the time (since most tanks just end up zooming thru mobs and don't give us a chance to regen our shards; pre or post change). Backdraft and F&B is a powerful combo for trash (kinda wish f&b functioned like is used too for all single target spells...spreading immolate for example.) The 3 shards though for bosses...if fully regen before the pull...just made the initial burst feel better. It made the rotation easier...I guess, but as someone else commented along these lines, the shard change is treating the symptom, not curing the problem(s). Demo could as least precast a SB/DB and have a HoG out first turn...but that's it...what else does it accomplish?
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

While it is a buff, it was never intended to be a DPS tuning buff.. its just a small QOL for when we are pulling after being out of combat for an extended duration.

Deleted

This whoosh is a flyby of an entire airforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    What are you on about? How bad is your math? 3 = 1x3 is clearly three times as much, not "minimal at best" lol.
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Nothing else is changing, all of your spells cost the same as they did before and the max is still 5. Starting the fight with 3 instead of 1 just decreases ramp time, it does not increase DPS overall. DPS the first 30 seconds of a fight will likely go up, but that doesn't mean your overall DPS increased it just means you don't have to spend the first 30 seconds of a fight ramping up to bring your normal DPS.

It's over 9000.

As far as my knowledge on this is (which is very little), I am sure this change only increases Warlocks' damage output at the start of the fight since they have two more Soul Shards to use.

Deleted
    It has nothing to do with dps, it is rampup. It is designed to ameliorate the excessive rampup times experienced by affliction and even more demonology.

It only affects dps in that you are actually doing some before the thing dies to burst classes.

It means a few seconds of doing higher in long-lived bosses at the start. Overall the gain there is minimal.

It will not make affliction's single target any less woeful for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly 3 times more, as was proven by math.

Before people get too keen on this remember that next expansion mages will start fights with hot streak, 2 fingers of frost, or 3 arcane charges depending on spec, rogues will start with 3 combo points, ferals will start with 3 combo points, shaman will start with 60 maelstrom, warriors will start with 60 rage, DKs will start with 60 runic power, DHs will start with 60 fury, boomkins will start with 60 astral power, shadows with 60 insanity, monks with 3 chi, and rets with 3 holy power.

Warlocks will then start with 0 shards. And no mana.

Deleted
    its like 2% dps increase, its nothing

Deleted
    So many people are being Darkspeared in this thread, my sides.

Anyone else still disappointed that this hasn't had any real effect on our dps? In Heroic/Mythic gear, Im still unable to break 150K+ dps as other dps classes consistently can in equivalent gear. The damage on the abilities(nukes, pet summons i.e. imps, dreadstalkers, felguard, etc) themselves need to be increased. The duration of pets needs to be increased, those two things would net us an actual increase. Casting times are still atrocious. Overall the class as a whole just feels like a complete step back from previous expansions. Still waiting for more changes.

3=3x1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I hope you guys are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Nothing else is changing, all of your spells cost the same as they did before and the max is still 5. Starting the fight with 3 instead of 1 just decreases ramp time, it does not increase DPS overall. DPS the first 30 seconds of a fight will likely go up, but that doesn't mean your overall DPS increased it just means you don't have to spend the first 30 seconds of a fight ramping up to bring your normal DPS.
    Do I need to fetch the woosh .gif?