Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Didn't actually do SOO did you? We didn't kill Garrosh in Org. We the players didn't even kill him at all - Thrall did.
    You know what I mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    There is no way blizzard will let Varian go that easily
    Gul'Dan certainly harvested his soul. The question is, what will he do with it? He can put it to great use!

I believe it has been foreshadowed with the Fel Reaver cinematic. It looks like Blizzards will turn him into a FEL REAVER boss in the last raid.

What if we go through his lost memories or something? That would be epic.

Thoughts?
    So much hate in this thread. I think its a cool idea... all of it.

I would not want to see this, plus we already are going to have an alliance villain someday (No, not Jaina) People keep forgetting about the new Lich King! Bolvar was all we had in Vanilla - TBC other than a level 1 boy. I will be very sad when we kill him repeatedly for loot ...

Can't say I like the misleading/speculative title of this thread. Worded as if a statement, not a wishful speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Let dead people stay dead. Both him and Vol'jin should remain dead.

They killed Varian because he was voiced by Metzen and Metzen was planning his out. They won't bring him back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would argue neither of those really matter, since Arthas was corrupted and Staghelm went insane or whatever, but Varian would be under similar conditions of not being who he was anymore at that point, so it wouldn't even really be fighting Varian, but rather a puppet.
    Arthas, Staghelm and Garrosh succumbed to their own arrogance and lust for power and vengeance. Varian grew up to be wiser than that and managed to avoid that pitfall. While many may become corrupted due to undeath or demonic influences, the others went full evil mode while still alive, out of their own free will. Varian did not; he kept his nobility to the very end, and sacrificed himself to allow his friends and soldiers to escape safely. Someone like Garrosh would never, ever have done the same.

Deleted
    Gul'Dan certainly harvested his soul. The question is, what will he do with it? He can put it to great use!

I believe it has been foreshadowed with the Fel Reaver cinematic. It looks like Blizzards will turn him into a FEL REAVER boss in the last raid.

Thoughts?
    why wouldnt they just put a willing soul in a fel reaver? surely if they was gonna mind control him they'd keep his body cause that was his more powerful bit. surely his soul is just a normal human one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Lol btw Blizzard owe us horde players an alliance king as a raid boss.We had garrosh killed in orgrimmar,i want alliance players to feel the same [emoji14]
    I'd Rather kill the gnome..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Didn't actually do SOO did you? We didn't kill Garrosh in Org. We the players didn't even kill him at all - Thrall did.
    We fucked him up pretty good though.

In what universe is taking one of the most iconic characters in WoW and putting him into some shitty Fel Reaver considered "epic" to anyone. I have no idea.

I would argue neither of those really matter, since Arthas was corrupted and Staghelm went insane or whatever, but Varian would be under similar conditions of not being who he was anymore at that point, so it wouldn't even really be fighting Varian, but rather a puppet.
    But Garrosh was corrupted and insane. His own faction turned against him.

Deleted

Thoughts?
    You are insane, when has Blizzard ever brought back a character that was ''extremely dead and absolutely impossible to make any type of appearance again''? If I was farming Copper Ore in The Barrens during WoTLK and you boldly announced in general chat that Grom Hellscream was going to make a comeback through a time travelling maneuver and he was going to bring an extinct specie of orcs with him to Azeroth to conquer us all, I would have reported you for poor trolling and spreading severely false data about the upcoming content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Arthas, Staghelm and Garrosh succumbed to their own arrogance and lust for power and vengeance. Varian grew up to be wiser than that and managed to avoid that pitfall. While many may become corrupted due to undeath or demonic influences, the others went full evil mode while still alive, out of their own free will. Varian did not; he kept his nobility to the very end, and sacrificed himself to allow his friends and soldiers to escape safely. Someone like Garrosh would never, ever have done the same.
    Staghelm I'm a bit fuzzy on honestly, but Arthas was deceived and was made a fool out of. Yes, he's still guilty for everything he did, but he did not go evil out of his own will.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    But Garrosh was corrupted and insane. His own faction turned against him.
    No he wasn't. Garrosh was just being Garrosh.

Blizzard made sure to even say that it wasn't the Heart of Y'shaarj corrupting him, it was just Garrosh's own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    No major character can die outside of a raid. If they die outside, they are prone to resurrection and brainwashing at any time. It can and will happen. This is a Blizzard rule.
    And even being killed in a raid didn't save Nasgrim from being ressed as a dk. Not exactly the same thing, but eh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    clickbait title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I could enchant a weapon with that.
    Only if you get some shards from Vol'jin.

Oh god, final plot point in Leg: enchanting your artifact with the dust Gul'dan got from disenchanting Varian.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Lol btw Blizzard owe us horde players an alliance king as a raid boss.We had garrosh killed in orgrimmar,i want alliance players to feel the same [emoji14]
    Garrosh was killed by Thrall in Nagrand...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Garrosh was killed by Thrall in Nagrand...
    Ok... As I said before,you got the point.

Let him rest in peace. I am so sick of the whole "corrupted hero turns evil boss" crap.

Varian died a hero. Let him stay that way.

are you saying Garrosh wasn't corrupted and/or insane?