Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Emissary Quest Loot table - Awkward level drops

Curious if anyone else has encountered this, recently there was a post stating Emissary quest can now offer loot.

The loot doesn't seems to scale properly the last few I have received have been 805, 805 and today a 810. My Ilvl has been 840 since after the first week. Is this universal? Just a odd scaling with a new design of Emissary chest?

On the same note, WQ offering gear seems to scale oddly between 815+ and 840+ this just seems odd to me or just a weird RNG game setting to keep people from getting to good of gear via the WQ system.

Feedback from anyone? A blue post hopefully <3 you guys.

If they're just three to assist gearing to 810 to get to heroics this makes sense but based on the scaling it doesn't make sense to me.

There's nothing odd about it. Like you said it scales between 815-840, mostly depending on your current ilvl.
    Last edited by barial; 2016-09-14 at 07:07 PM.

I got it too. So now we have an even lower chance of getting legendaries too. Not too happy right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I got it too. So now we have an even lower chance of getting legendaries too. Not too happy right now.
    Wait, how do you think this lowers your chance of getting a legendary again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    It's on-par with world quest gear. Did you expect to get a free 840+ item every day from the emmisary cache?
    World Quest gear rewards scale with your ilevel.

I completed Dreamweavers one today and got a 810 helm while my ilvl is 818 :P Dunno, maybe bad rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post

Grass is also green. The loot you get from emmisary caches is on-par with the gear you can get from world quests

edit: sike
    Last edited by barial; 2016-09-20 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they forgot to add scaling to the chests.

Or maybe it's intentional, but that seems odd.

More loot possibly obtained from a bag = less chances of seeing something else from the bag. So.... its basic math?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grass is also green. The loot you get from emmisary caches is on-par with the gear you can get from world quests
    Not at all. Across 2 characters, most of my World Quests give 825+ loot. Both chests I opened gave 810. It's pretty rare for me to see anything below 825 from WQs, and those are usually just PvP world quests, which are based on honor level.

Except it isn't. It's way lower (for higher ilvl people).

More loot possibly obtained from a bag = less chances of seeing something else from the bag. So.... its basic math?
    I'm pretty sure the legendary chance is on a completely separate roll, and is not affected by the other loot from the bag

Not necessarily. Some things are set on different tables. For instance you always have a chance to roll gold or resources, but neither affects if gear will roll. So basically let's say in this case you could have 3 rolls for the crate. First roll determines your base reward, second roll could be what gear you get or none, last roll could be legendary or no, but each roll wouldn't affect the other roll.

The way you make it sound would be the same as saying, every heroic/mythic raid that offers a mount takes the place of a piece of loot and once it goes away an extra piece of loot drops back in its place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if Legendaries are on their own loot table, like mounts. For mounts, it doesn't matter how large the loot table is, they're on their own unique table.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Except it isn't. It's way lower (for higher ilvl people).
    I'm 849 and got a 840 titanforged piece last night

I'm 842 and got 815 warforged trinket today..
    Kinda out of the place.

I got free loot and instead of being thankful i complain

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm ilvl 846 and got an 810.

"It scales with your gear level!"

Uh huh. 36 ilvls below your gear level?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

There's nothing odd about it. Like you said it scales between 815-840, mostly depending on your current ilvl.

If this is the case then its not scaling as it should as I've been 840 Since the first reset after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    I got free loot and instead of being thankful i complain
    Yeah, how dare someone comment on a limited time box rewarding far worse gear than the requirements to obtain the box. Why improve a system when we can just smile and nod to accomplish nothing?

On a serious note, all OP did was mention that the gear was low quality. I wouldn't call that complaining.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

World quest offerings have a *chance* to scale up to your ilevel. It isn't guaranteed. I've received a couple 840 and 830 items and I still see 810.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222