Page 1 of 2
LastLast

853 Fury hitting like garbage

So im currently at 853 as fury.
    Im rarely above 250k when the fight has ended.
    Am I doing this wrong? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mcugly View Post
    So im currently at 853 as fury.
    Im rarely above 250k when the fight has ended.
    Considering fury parses at 240k ST with BiS gear... nothing?

fury is tuned shittily. The sim is over 7 minutes long so it gets a long execute phase with Juggernaut.

You're not doing anything wrong most likely, Fury just has issues.

Alright, thanks bois

Quote Originally Posted by Mcugly View Post
    Well you should do it right and play a not shit spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well you should do it right and play a not shit spec.
    Fury is the best spec really. Arms is awful to play and is just anoying and frustrating. Which means Fury > Arms because it's more fun! Atleast that is my opinion! and you can't convince me otherwise.

I do so look forward to the balance patch only to see all the FOTM re/rollers get destroyed . I know it's just a dream, but it's a damn good one <3

you are actually above the average DPS for 845 - 850 players which most end fights at 180 - 220, the Sims are long fights account for BiS gear ( with all 34 traits iirc) and assume perfect rotation and RNG. they are a gauge of expected max damage on a given encounter, the best way to judge your self is against other fury warriors in dungeons. and remember this Expac IS NOT a DPS race like previous Expacs, doing the Mechanic's is far more important than padding your DPS. if you do the math most normal bosses can be beat in 7 mins with 150K dps ( calculated by removing healers and tanks as a source of damage ) so your actually preforming well above average.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Deleted
    You can play fury for fun or play an havoc DH which is basicly an overtuned fury warrior

the Sims are long fights account for BiS gear ( with all 34 traits iirc) and assume perfect rotation and RNG.
    Most of that stuff isn't true:

The gear is all 840 with no sockets of warforged with the exception of 870 weapon; real players can have enough gear improvements to improve damage and sim as much as 10-20% higher before the raids open as they can get some gear up to 850, get some socketed gear and get an 876-879 weapon fairly easily.

The sims use 19 or 20 traits, not 34. We actually already have as many traits as that or more, some of my mythic friends are working on trait 23-24.

The sims do not assume perfect RNG, they are an average of many thousands of pulls. They even have a marker that shows the range of possible damage, but the measurement itself and number is showing the average.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-09-14 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Most of that stuff isn't true:

The gear is all 840 with no sockets of warforged with the exception of 870 weapon; real players can have enough gear improvements to improve damage and sim as much as 10-20% higher before the raids open as they can get some gear up to 850, get some socketed gear and get an 876-879 weapon fairly easily.

The sims use 19 or 20 traits, not 34. We actually already have as many traits as that or more, some of my mythic friends are working on trait 23-24.

The sims do not assume perfect RNG, they are an average of many thousands of pulls. They even have a marker that shows the range of possible damage, but the measurement itself and number is showing the average.
    thanks for clearing that up. I personally hate sims and prefer to do my testing ingame.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Ingame testing is nice but it can't cover most of the stuff that i use simcraft for

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Ingame testing is nice but it can't cover most of the stuff that i use simcraft for
    true bit in my experience it presents a far more accurate real world result. My big issue with sims is people get it in their heads if they don't do the sim DPS they are s#!+ DPS, so they start focusing on their meters more than the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    I do so look forward to the balance patch only to see all the FOTM re/rollers get destroyed . I know it's just a dream, but it's a damn good one <3
    :P I hate both playstyles so it didn't matter. Personally I think this will be another addon for the leather overlords.

I really liked Fury on beta and they butchered its damage.... I am playing outlaw now but leveling my warrior in case they make it not shit in the balance.

When doing mythic content Outlaw just has so many get out jail free cards its stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    true bit in my experience it presents a far more accurate real world result. My big issue with sims is people get it in their heads if they don't do the sim DPS they are s#!+ DPS, so they start focusing on their meters more than the mechanics.
    That's really a problem with players rather than the tool

stay fury, cause the T19 is tuned for Fury. There's almost no mastery on it (only 1 piece out of 6) so Arms warrior are gonna have a hard time... =/

As for damage you're above average for ST as the others said.

I just really enjoy fury, the fun totaly outweighs the lack of dps. But it is frustrating that a arms warrior with worse gear then me can do so much more.
    Hopefully we get a small buff before raids pop out.

My armory btw: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...lastfol%C3%ACe (Seems like it doesnt want to update)

I dont know why everyone say: "arms is boring, fury tons of fun"
    Both specs have 4 button, but at least in arms (with focused rage) you have to somehow manage your rage.
    With fury you just have to press your buttons on cd to fill the rage bar.

Deleted
    I just can't even see an arms that can beat my fury... I'm 850 ilvl and I do around 250-270k st. I'm trying to put more haste (actually i'm on 22% haste and 23% crit).

Quote Originally Posted by Arexss View Post
    I just can't even see an arms that can beat my fury... I'm 850 ilvl and I do around 250-270k st. I'm trying to put more haste (actually i'm on 22% haste and 23% crit).
    I can beat that, in fact, I rarely end up below 280k, and I'm ilvl 843. Sorry to burst your bubble.