Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Legendary items drop bug?

Our guild has been chain running mythics since week 1.
    Myself I have run 3 full mythic clears (3 110 chars) each week since week 1 (including the court of stars).

In our guild, 3 people have gotten legendaries (in this order: first a monk, then a druid, and then a DH).
    1 week later, the monk gets his second legendary, then the druid gets his second, and then the DH gets his second (i.e. in the same EXACT order, and basically in a linear time frame between the drops).

So far, nobody else has gotten a legendary.
    I know this is a small sample size, but the two other friends on my friendlist who have legendaries, have ALSO gotten 2. I do not know a single person who has 1. They either have 2 or 0.

I'm wondering if anyone else has any similar experiences, as it would be annoying if there was some kind of bug involved with the drop chance of legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Our guild has been chain running mythics since week 1.
    I know this is a small sample size
    No I really don't think you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just RnG, nothing else - sadly. :b
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

I haven't found a legendary yet. BUG CONFIRMED.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I don't have a legendary yet, submitting a bug ticket.

Even if the drop rate were .001% with millions of players you'd expect hundreds to get two.

I wish my guild had 3 different people with legendaries. We have probably 500 M clears and well over 1500H clears between all of us on all our toons and haven't seen a single legendary. RNG is fun!

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Even if the drop rate were .001% with millions of players you'd expect hundreds to get two.
    yeah and out of the hundreds youd expect several people on these forums to know a couple...

I'll throw my guild in here as well to your incredibly small sample size. One person has obtained a legendary....and then he obtained a second one. He is the only one with a legendary currently.

7+ Year Old Account
    3 legendary in our guild and 2 on the same guy, it's most likely just RNG but yeah.... I'll be worried if the other guy that just got his get's the 2nd one befor every one else XD.

Crazy thought, but some of these anecdotes make me wonder if the RNG protection is bugged to work backwards (the more chances you have to get one, the lower the probability of a drop on each subsequent chance).

This could of course just be selection bias where only the people who got legendaries early or got multiple legendaries get talked about on the forums. Anyone want to supply anecdotes about finally getting a legendary after long grinding to counterbalance this?

I do think there is something going on here honestly.
    They claimed it will not matter because of some luck protection, but so far only 2 people in my guild of 40~ serious players have gotten 1.
    And one guy got a SECOND.

Meanwhile, there are guilds out there with 10+

Just seems really odd that it can distribute so poorly, especially with people getting 2 before 38 people get 1.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Something must be broken. This cant be right.

The statistical improbability of this happening must be so INSANELY low. 100% something is broken.

Our guild has a druid with 2 legendaries and a warlock with 2 legendaries and no one else. On Emerald Dream US.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Crazy thought, but some of these anecdotes make me wonder if the RNG protection is bugged to work backwards (the more chances you have to get one, the lower the probability of a drop on each subsequent chance).

This could of course just be selection bias where only the people who got legendaries early or got multiple legendaries get talked about on the forums. Anyone want to supply anecdotes about finally getting a legendary after long grinding to counterbalance this?
    My thoughts, if there is a bug, is the drop protection isn't set as on for default. So the first one is truly RNG and it gets activated after your first. The problem being is it should be on as default and is not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    yeah and out of the hundreds youd expect several people on these forums to know a couple...
    Out of my small guild of 20 players, I got 2 legendaries of 5

The pug in my group just now, who had a legendary equipped, also has gotten 2 legendaries fyi.

I know its likely that its rng etc, but i'm making this thread to see if this happens to loads of people. For me its literally every single person i've met with a legendary has 2 now (7 people in total); If this seems to be the case for most people, then clearly its a bug and blizzard should be notified. And that is exactly the purpose of this thread.

The most important thing is also that the 3 people in my guild got their 2nd legendary IN THE EXACT SAME ORDER (monk-druid-DH) and at approximately the same intervals between them.

That's odd... and discouraging lol. Hope they look into this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    The pug in my group just now, who had a legendary equipped, also has gotten 2 legendaries fyi.

I know its likely that its rng etc, but i'm making this thread to see if this happens to loads of people. For me its literally every single person i've met with a legendary has 2 now (7 people in total); If this seems to be the case for most people, then clearly its a bug and blizzard should be notified. And that is exactly the purpose of this thread.

The most important thing is also that the 3 people in my guild got their 2nd legendary IN THE EXACT SAME ORDER (monk-druid-DH) and at approximately the same intervals between them.
    Pretty early in WoWs existence I got the impression that the game marks a few accounts for higher drop luck.
    Almost in every expansion there were people who had highest possible equip in a time that others didnt even level to max.

Today in VoTW I was JUST thinking "damn I could use a legendary now" and then the neck dropped!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.