Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Anyone stupid enough to pay a healer to do a mythic deserves to lose their money to begin with, ergo no problem at all.
    I was planning on typing a short rant but actually yes, this sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I for one, will in the future only join groups who are willing to pay me.
    You're looking to play solo then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No one does that nowadays. Never has, really. Everyone is out for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    it never existed to begin with unless you use some rose tinted goggles
    Yeah, just like the whole long forgotten hippogryph search right, everyone was totally out to get...one person the mount...?

There's definitely people out there working together, even now.

And I agree that this is a bad way to go forward, there's a huge difference between paying someone because they didn't want to do the dungeon to begin with, and paying people who want to do the dungeon but expect more just because.

There is an ongoing trend on my server where people are increasingly willing to pay healers for healing mythic dungeons and even lowering their item level requirements for being a feasible option. Where they demand 835-840+ they oftenwill settle for healers between 825-830 atop of being willing to pay between 5-10k at times to have a healer join their group and run a mythic dungeon with them.

Now there's various factors causing this but the sooner healers will stop running mythic dungeons for free, the sooner people will be willing to pay more and more aswell as being willing to pay more often will simultaneously lowering the requirements they have for healers to join their groups. I for one, will in the future only join groups who are willing to pay me.
    I'd run 4 dps tank before I paid a healer to get carried.

Who the heck pays a healer? It's the simplest job in the group after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    That comic is just so fucking typical. Typical human alliance healer. Pieces of crap.
    Pfff, I for one am a proud goblin shaman of the horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    ahahahahahah, are you fucking serious... damn pugs are really desperate, paying a shit healer for mythic.... i mean good for you but it's one of the most retarded thing I've heard in a while...
    Yeah I was kinda amazed but several groups were offering gold earlier. Free gold best gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You're looking to play solo then?
    Pfff nah but as long as people are willing to pay why would I join a group that doesn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Who the heck pays a healer? It's the simplest job in the group after all.
    Most simple job is and will always remain being a DPS. By a large margin.

There is an ongoing trend on my server where people are increasingly willing to pay healers for healing mythic dungeons and even lowering their item level requirements for being a feasible option. Where they demand 835-840+ they oftenwill settle for healers between 825-830 atop of being willing to pay between 5-10k at times to have a healer join their group and run a mythic dungeon with them.

Now there's various factors causing this but the sooner healers will stop running mythic dungeons for free, the sooner people will be willing to pay more and more aswell as being willing to pay more often will simultaneously lowering the requirements they have for healers to join their groups. I for one, will in the future only join groups who are willing to pay me.
    I'll take the infraction.
    You're fucking retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neeks13 View Post
    I'd run 4 dps tank before I paid a healer to get carried.
    You sir, you have it right.
    Fuck any healer that wants to get paid.
    I think I'll start charging for my godly dps.

How fucking arrogant lol.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Dear Fellow Healers, do a few hundred k DPS instead of spam healing the tank when he is at 95 percent health.
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    Spoken like someone who has never healed mythics.

When the tank can take 50% of his health in 3-4 seconds on some trash pulls, spamming them nonstop is often a good idea.

Unless you're running with an OP warrior that spams Ignore Pain on himself, you shouldn't stop healing just to put out some meager DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healer here. I'll always heal for free. Sorry bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Point is, if this idea takes root, all of them will be looking to get paid.
    It wont. Tanks have been paid since forever. Mostly to get one to run a dungeon they otherwise wouldn't, to get faster queues or to simply make one group more desirable to a tank than the other whom is looking for one for the same content. It never really "escalates" and usually dies down eventually as more people move on/are done/reach the point where they can get easy access.

So it's mostly just a temporary occurence one should take advantage of to profit double.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    What happened to "working together to achieve a goal"?
    But we ARE working together. I ran two dungeons with that one group and we worked together to achieve the goal of grabbing loot and getting me paid. It was some of the most fun I had in quite some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Healer here. I'll always heal for free. Sorry bro
    Pfff, you sound like one of those doctors who would go to Africa and treat the poor for free rather than work at an expensive hospital somewhere in Switzerland.

So how soon until healers start taking the gold and suddenly their internet starts acting up and they get "disconnected" and drop group

This is just as wrong as claiming any job is simple. It always depends on a fight by fight basis.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-09-14 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Blame Blizz for making healing dire s*it.

I fully understand why they want something extra for playing a healer.
    I'm a healer and it isn't understandable. You choose to play a class and a spec, you don't need to get payed for that. It's your choice. It's my choice to play holy paladin, I don't want or need to be payed in order to heal.

Although I've never really experienced this on stormrage. I see people asking for tank/healer ques for 1k sometimes but that's been around forever. Plus I really only heal mythics with my guildies so idk.

Dear Fellow Healers, do a few hundred k DPS instead of spam healing the tank when he is at 95 percent health.
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    You do realize that if the tank is staying at 95% health and the healer is spam healing, it means the tank will drop really fast if the healer stops? In a way you'll most likely pay to see it indeed... in the way of a repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Uh, what? When did I post that?
    When indeed, young padawan.

(It's a multiquote glitch, hold up, I'll fix it)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    No shit. My Blood DK very rarely needs actual healing unless I pull 3 packs at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That entirely depends on the group. Just today I ran a Myhtic and it was full of incompetent melee, that made my job utterly miserable. Players that take constant avoidable damage are the ones that make things hard for healers, and let's face it, that happens all the time.
    Indeed but at the same time, it's a win for everyone if you just heal that and let them stand in as much as possible in order to do more damage. This all falls apart if people die because they take too much damage of course but still, healing is not that hard and never was.

We've had lot of DPS players removed from our guild over the years for not preforming well enough but it's very uncommon that healers are not able to keep up and I really doubt thats becuase all players that like to heal are better players.

Hah, no. You're wrong... By a large margin.

I'd pay for that, tbh.
    Um what? I hope you mean a few hundred k damage, because most damage dealers don't even do 300k DPS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Once dps stop standing in the yellow piss maybe we can do some dps.
    You can always do it. Yellow piss does not do that much damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    Um what? I hope you mean a few hundred k damage, because most damage dealers don't even do 300k DPS right now.
    I can do 200+k on fights in Mythics right now easily, but the group I run with is geared and prepared for 5 mans, so the fights are usually less than 45 seconds long.
    "A few hundred k damage" would be a single ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You do realize that if the tank is staying at 95% health and the healer is spam healing, it means the tank will drop really fast if the healer stops? In a way you'll most likely pay to see it indeed... in the way of a repair bill.
    You should read into the active mitigation and self healing changes that came in MoP, WoD, and were extrapolated into Legion!
    I actually made a video on this topic, you should check it out. Will help clear up a few things for you and other healers confused about our new role in 5 mans especially.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never healed mythics.

When the tank can take 50% of his health in 3-4 seconds on some trash pulls, spamming them nonstop is often a good idea.

Unless you're running with an OP warrior that spams Ignore Pain on himself, you shouldn't stop healing just to put out some meager DPS.
    I'd encourage you to check this out as well as the other recent uploads! I explain things very clearly, and in the background you will see plenty of examples where healer damage can be quite formidable. "Meager DPS" just tells me you have never tried!

Although it DOES sound like its the tank's fault in your example.
    Either way, a tank taking 50 percent of his health in 3-4 seconds is fine. He has active mitigation and self healing right? As long as he doesn't take 100 percent of his health in damage in 10+ seconds, your job is done. He is alive, and meanwhile you can add a sizeable portion of DPS to the trash so it dies before his CDs are expired.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV