Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think Genn is being supremely selfish, albeit with an understandable reason. On one hand he is driven by the loss of his son to the Forsaken (Sylvanas in particular) but on the other he's also deferring the humiliation of defeat and Varian's death at the Broken Shore onto Sylvanas - because the Forsaken make for an easier victory than the conflict with the Legion he should otherwise be focused on. Like all great tragedies Sylvanas' actions in Gilneas have spawned what is essentially a copy of her in the person of Genn, just as she was filled with loss and rage at her death and defilement by Arthas so does Genn feel the loss of his son and his country.

I think, unless there are somehow reconciled to one-another at some future point, the logical conclusion of Genn and Sylvanas' arc could only be death at one another's hands - Sylvanas' throat in Genn's teeth and Genn's body riddled with far too many arrows to recover from.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame Sylvanas is obsessed with empowering herself at the cost of everyone else. She just had to torpedo her relationship with the Ebon Blade by keeping Koltira hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, she only is aware the Legion is responsible for the creation of the Lich King whom she hates and has been betrayed and almost killed by Varimathras' coup. But sure, she'll join the Legion.
    The Legion destroyed Dalaran, created the Scourge that annihilated Silvermoon/destroyed the Sunwell and turned his romantic rival into a Death God.

Kael'thas still threw in his lot with the Legion and his goals were infinitely more noble than Sylvanas'. Hell, the elves of Suramar did the same.
    Last edited by Sir Andy; 2016-09-14 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Here is what is going to happen in Legion, Sylvanas... DEAD! Lorthemar... DEAD! Baine... Crippled! Varian... RESURRECTED! And people will bitch that this was a Horde centric expansion again and that the Horde gained more than the Alliance. Also the Horde will no longer have racial leaders except the orcs. Because Saurfang teamed up with Nazgrim and they beat the crap out of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    It's a shame Sylvanas is obsessed with empowering herself at the cost of everyone else. She just had to torpedo her relationship with the Ebon Blade by keeping Koltira hostage.
    Ebon Blade doesnt give a shit about Koltira, only one who cares is his fuckbuddy.

The thing with Genn is that he did good in the end by preventing Sylvanas gaining absolute power. The whole thing with Eyir was something he learned later and then factored it into his plans. His original motivation to attack the Forsaken was selfish and disregarded the safety and future of entire Azeroth and he should be criticized for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Sylvanas should not have been his main priority. If we hadn't stopped the Legion there wouldn't have even been a Sylvanas issue in the first place, the whole world would go ka-boom. He's risking that for petty revenge against her, pathetic!

But please, continue to paint anyone who doesn't like Genn as a Sylvanas fanboy(Which is clearly NOT the case here, Sylvanas is far from my favorite warcraft character) as I've said before, but you insist that must be the only reason for anyone to dislike Genn. Not sure what you're hoping to gain from that.
    But reading through the thread, it is painfully obvious, how much of a Sylvanas fanboy you are, you are just horrible at hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    The thing with Genn is that he did good in the end by preventing Sylvanas gaining absolute power. The whole thing with Eyir was something he learned later and then factored it into his plans. His original motivation to attack the Forsaken was selfish and disregarded the safety and future of entire Azeroth and he should be criticized for that.
    maw if you think that the Sylvanas is no better then the Legion or the Scourge (which in allot of ways she is worse) then attacking her when you can defeat her before she becomes immortal is the correct course of action.

Look the entire expansion is about gaining the power and weapons to defeat the Legion, however this is done as ''group'' with the guidance of neutral factions where their is no Horde or Alliance, the actions the Banshee queen took looked pretty self-serving to me.

So are we forgetting the black poison in his blood after that arrow.... cant imagine that's just a flesh wound

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Because Saurfang teamed up with Nazgrim and they beat the crap out of Death.
    And those two f**king would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    So are we forgetting the black poison in his blood after that arrow.... cant imagine that's just a flesh wound
    He appears to recover from it in the outro from the cinematic on the Alliance side. The Worgen Curse obviously confers some potent benefits vs. Dark Ranger Necromantic-type abilities, because that looks to be the selfsame type of shot that killed Genn's son.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Next to Jaina, he's my second top pick for a major character I'd want to see as a raid boss.

And I am 100% not a Horde player. I just find his choices annoying as !@#$.
    screw you man and your jaina hating im gonna collect all the azerothian dragon balls and wish that jaina proudmoore becomes immortal and never allowed to be killed off ever it's bad enough i had to watch her die in end time.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Killing Sylvanas is always the right thing to do. It should've happened in Cataclysm.

Besides, this is the first time Genn has really done something.

Also with that name and avatar you're outing yourself as a Sylvanas fanboy.
    Sylvanas isn't the problem, Genn is and he's going to be the one getting killed, not Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    So you say that she should have let Sylvanas get Eyir, giving her the Tools to commit Genocide against humanity only for the sake of greater god even if this would mean that there is nothing to win for humanity anymore and they also could say "let it burn, fuck it all", because Sylvanas is already holding everything she needs to commit genocide against humanity and turning all of them into Undeads in her hands?

There was nothing to lose but everything to win. And Genn won everything in this moment, Azeroth still gained the Aegis, he got his Vengeance and Sylvanas doesn't have the means to crush the Alliance and especially Humanity. Hate the Game dude, not the player for playing better than your Zombie-Mistress.
    She wanted a better fate for herself and her own forsaken, that's why she went after Eyir. I don't think genocide was her plan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    She wanted a better fate for herself and her own forsaken, that's why she went after Eyir. I don't think genocide was her plan at all.
    For that matter, I want a better fate for Sylvanas and her Forsaken. It would involve shedding this burdensome curse of undeath and moving on where their souls were supposed to go anyway. Definitely not pulling more victims down into their misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Keeps going on about personal vendettas? He only has one right now, and he's justified in having it.

Just like Jaina is justified for her doubt of the Horde, even Khadgar acknowledges this.

Not sure why you would think he's going to die just because he hates the person who killed his son.
    Jaina does FAR more than "doubt" the horde

The way her character is written she may as well be the queen bitch of the world.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Ebon Blade doesnt give a shit about Koltira, only one who cares is his fuckbuddy.
    The Ebon Blade's member consider each one as Brothers and Sisters.There are some like Baron Silver that don't give a fuck for anyone.But overhaul they do care for each other.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Blizzard probably won't turn him into a second Vol'jin(read useless major character), especially not now that Gilneas and the worgen finally got some attention. I don't see any racial leaders getting killed anytime soon, at least not any of the ones that contributed to major change recently. They need such characters to leave room for tension between factions.

The Alliance has too many leaders which are concerned about the greater good of Azeroth, to a point where you can't tell that they even belong to a faction(ie Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen). Add to that the fact that almost every hero of the Alliance turned into a crossfaction prophet-type of a leader(ie Khadgar, Turalyon, Magni, Malfurion) and it is easy to see that this faction was taken appart bit by bit through the expansions. While it is a good thing to have characters that mean well for all of Azeroth, it also basically annihilates the faction concept which WoW heavily relies on.

Genn and Jaina are a good counterbalance to all of this. Without them and most importantly, their nations(Gilneas, Kul Tiras), Blizzard can simply rename the Alliance into "Azeroth Hippies".
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-09-14 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Jaina does FAR more than "doubt" the horde

The way her character is written she may as well be the queen bitch of the world.
    No, she really doesn't.

Aside from the Purge of Dalaran, literally what has she done besides complain that the Horde are nearby?
    Absolutely nothing. She even HELPS them with their legendary ring in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    You know that it's not the stork that brings the new forsaken but the corpses of those who were killed by the genocidal Wehrma-, beg your pardon, Forsaken Army?

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    You're obviously not as great as reading as you think you are then. I'm not a Sylvanas fanboy simply because I dislike Genns character? Horrible logic.
    Than what's your Reason to hate him? So you say it would have been better if he had fought the Legion, probably saving Forsaken Life who now have to fight against less demons and gilneans and letting her get the Val'kyr Queen and with her the power to wipe out humanity, as she will always need more and more corpses just like America needs more and more oil until the world is dry of it?

horde vs alliance shouldn't even exist at this point

the planet is basically under constant threat of being destroyed they would all be working together if not for the phony separation blizzard forces into the story

Way things are looking i wouldn't be surprised if Genn and Sylvanas die by the time this xpac closes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    horde vs alliance shouldn't even exist at this point

the planet is basically under constant threat of being destroyed they would all be working together if not for the phony separation blizzard forces into the story
    If you did the WQs you will find it aint the Horde and Ally its just Forsaken and Worgen at each others throats.

So many old scores to settle this is gonna end badly for both side imo