Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    "No class tuning has been done in Patch 7.1 yet. Changes from the PTR at this point are simply tooltip corrections."

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    im confused - so regrowth is not gained from Yseras Gift anymore? does it mean i cant use healing touch with guardian affinity anymore, but can cast regrowth now instead?
    Pretty much.

For all the other hybrids the quick cast, high mana cost heal was the heal all the non-healing specs used. (E.g. Shamans used Healing Surge; Paladins use Flash of Light, etc)
    Druids were the exception as they used Healing Touch, which is the mana efficient, slow cast heal.

In general this can be considered a good change. If you want some healing it'll be better to cast 2x Regrowth than currently casting 1 HT (you'll overwrite the HoT, but it's a minor component compared to the direct heal). The mana efficiency is a minor thing since you generally don't need much more healing and you don't use the mana for your regular stuff.

People just put some question marks at this shift for Feral, as they benefited from instant cast Healing Touch. It seems they changed some scaling factors to account for that though.

At this point I'm wondering why they don't just remove Healing Touch. The fact it was the offspec heal, and feral's main access to Bloodtalons was the ONLY reason that the spell even had a purpose. There isn't a resto druid out there that really uses the spell. I'd say, just get rid of the spell. Nice opportunity to rework Abundance talent for resto druids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    "No class tuning has been done in Patch 7.1 yet. Changes from the PTR at this point are simply tooltip corrections."

The end.
    As the regrowth change does not fall under class tuning, but design changes, that doesn't really say anything.

So will they change in the artifact tree also then for "Attuned to Nature" to instead apply to regrowth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawor View Post
    So will they change in the artifact tree also then for "Attuned to Nature" to instead apply to regrowth?
    Fairly certain I saw this in the datamined info too, yes.

So, question then, how does this affect those of us with Ailuro Pouncers (yes, I got stupid lucky)?? Predator's Swiftness makes Healing Touch free, which procs Bloodtalons. Is Predators Swiftness now going to proc free Regrowth?? and will regrowth proc Bloodtalons?? seems like an awful lot of design changes to be made just to take away Healing Touch.

Edit: apparently Regrowth will be proc'ing Bloodtalons, per wowhead....seems like a garbage change, I need those heals to stay up with multiple mobs on me.
    Last edited by Storms81; 2016-09-15 at 03:51 PM.

It's a nerf to long duration pvp. It's a buff to burst based pvp arena. That's what I'm seeing here.
    You won't be able to heal yourself to full more than once every few minutes any more. (Talking hardcasting while behind boxes etc.)

It's a buff to combo point heals though, which is a much needed burst survivability increase for feral pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storms81 View Post
    So, question then, how does this affect those of us with Ailuro Pouncers (yes, I got stupid lucky)?? Predator's Swiftness makes Healing Touch free, which procs Bloodtalons. Is Predators Swiftness now going to proc free Regrowth?? and will regrowth proc Bloodtalons?? seems like an awful lot of design changes to be made just to take away Healing Touch.

Edit: apparently Regrowth will be proc'ing Bloodtalons, per wowhead....seems like a garbage change, I need those heals to stay up with multiple mobs on me.
    Regrowth replaces HT in every way. And will probably heal more than HT does now. Stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz237 View Post
    I too was concerned about this, but i just created a PTR Character:

Regrowth (49k mana, 1.3s cast): Heals a friendly target for 173.721 and another 29.778 over 12 sec.

The bonus crit Chance has been removed. This is with Feral spec and 846 gear.
    If you spec into Restoration Affinity, Healing Touch is now in fact weaker in its initial
    heal than Regrowth.

Since the cast time of Regrowth is that much less, and as Feral (or Guardian for that matter)
    you never really tapped into your mana pool with Healing Touch, i see this as a buff, because
    the Heal is now useable in combat with its short cast time, whereas Healing Touch was
    virtually useless without the instant proc.

Some additional info:

I can cast 5 Regrowth in a row before i am OOM.
    After about 20 seconds the Mana is at 100% again.

With Resto Affinity:
    Healing Touch(20k mana, 2.16s cast): Heals a friendly target for 154.039

Hope this clarifies things, and hello, since this is my first post here
    Awesome first post, and it did help yes thank you. Sounds like the heal was dropped just a smidge compared to live HT, but that's certainly workable. Thanks for doing the leg work on that, DLing the PTR myself now to see a bit later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Awesome first post, and it did help yes thank you. Sounds like the heal was dropped just a smidge compared to live HT, but that's certainly workable. Thanks for doing the leg work on that, DLing the PTR myself now to see a bit later today.
    Is it? I thought my HT was around the 160k mark right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Is it? I thought my HT was around the 160k mark right now.
    Might be my own gear effecting it, mine is nearly 200k right now, but if it's different between the same character, then far more awesome.

Just a quick note on the Regrowth for resto; It was nerfed from a base increase of 60% critchance to 40%, So no buffs in this at all

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Just a quick note on the Regrowth for resto; It was nerfed from a base increase of 60% critchance to 40%, So no buffs in this at all
    Yea, from what I've been told resto took a bit of a nerf. Was already having some issues in mythics with it, so it'l be interesting.

Edit: Though looking like the hots/direct heals shifting things end up pretty close to as they are, so may not even be an issue.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-15 at 06:59 PM.