Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Everyone not singing the praises are considered xenophobic. That's how this thing worked since the start when people kept letting Nazi fall out of their mouth to target opposition. It's a wonderful reminder that all these words can be translated into "I don't like you or your ideas."
    Yup.

Words like "racist", "sexist", "bigot", "whatever-a-phobe" no longer really mean what their dictionary definitions say.

Words evolve to take on alternate meanings based on how they're most often used at the time.

awful - Once referred to something that was full of awe, as in a good thing. Now it means something that's bad.

meat - Once referred to any food product. Now it means the flesh of animals.

bachelor - Once referred to a low ranking knight in medieval days. Now it means an unmarried man.

Racist, sexist, bigot, whatever-a-phobe - Once referred to persons who hated others based on their characteristics. Now it simply means "one who has disagreed with the radical Left".
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Racist, sexist, bigot, whatever-a-phobe - Once referred to persons who hated others based on their characteristics. Now it simply means "one who has disagreed with the radical Left".
    Does SJW, cuck, etc mean "someone who disagreed with the radical right"?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    For the most part, yes. The big difference is one is treated as a joke and the other is used by politicians as an actual argument.

I wonder if you can be racist against Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    SJW ...no because that's a badge those dingbats wear with pride.

Cuck ...sometimes but nowhere even near to the vicinity of something that even appears to be close to the Left's rampant QQ spammage of "Racist, sexist, bigot, whatever-a-phobe".
    MAGA

Merkel is destroying germany and EU and retarded SJW keep screaming nazi if you dont agree with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinezzz View Post
    Merkel is destroying germany and EU and retarded SJW keep screaming nazi if you dont agree with them

Europa has no SJWs, sorry.
    Its just some odd thing at your 'murican unis.

- - - Updated - - -

SJW ...no because that's a badge those dingbats wear with pride.

Cuck ...sometimes but nowhere even near to the vicinity of something that even appears to be close to the Left's rampant QQ spammage of "Racist, sexist, bigot, whatever-a-phobe".
    What does the left have to do with this thread?
    Merkel is centre-rigth.

I m not from US i m from EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I m not from US i m from EU
    Does not change what I said.

EU has SJW are u living in the basement?

Deleted
    I take it you have not been informed about the antics of BLM UK.

Deleted
    Merkel should get outed for attempting to destroy not only Germany, but the entire European continent. She should be trialed by the international criminal court for her actions that put the lives of many people in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    What does the left have to do with this thread?
    Merkel is centre-rigth.
    Follow the conversation back a few quotes. We we're talking about how labels like "xenophobe" have lost their original meaning.
    MAGA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Population growth is -always- a boon in both economic and political power for any nation or political entity.
    So by 2050 we can expect African Union to be leading economic and political super-power right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Follow the conversation back a few quotes. We we're talking about how labels like "xenophobe" have lost their original meaning.
    Which has nothing to do with the left, but keep on trucking.

- - - Updated - - -

Show them then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Merkel should get outed for attempting to destroy not only Germany, but the entire European continent. She should be trialed by the international criminal court for her actions that put the lives of many people in danger.
    Tone down the hyperboles a bit, this is not the hyperbole world championships.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is clear is that early optimism that the wave of migrants could boost economic growth and help ease a skills shortage in Germany - where the working-age population is projected to shrink by 6 million people by 2030 - is evaporating. "The employment of refugees is no solution for the skills shortage," industrial group Thyssenkrupp's Chief Executive Heinrich Hiesinger said during a visit by the German president earlier this month.
    Good!!!

Now we can wait and see what German is going to do, taking in large pool of useless people, not only they didn't help boosting the economy, you have to bloody feed them now, and cannot just kick them out (or, can you now...????)

I am interested in how this turn out, I am always glad that UK refuse to take in large quantity of refugee, and looks like this is the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think it really depends on who uses it, and how.

For my definition:

A xenophobe is someone who thinks their culture is better AND wants to remove the people of a different culture from mixing with their culture; it may involve some fear, or aversion to the culture in question, but to me it only becomes a problem when they try to actively remove people.
    So provided that there's no comparisons and evaluations of superiority involved one could actively want to remove their culture from mixing with others and not be a xenophobe, by your definition. Pretty interesting since the usual definition is much more loose and open to the feels and is very condemning of isolationism.

Amusingly enough, isolationism is the only way to actually preserve cultures in their original and traditional states, so you'd think all these diversity hounds and cultural fetishists would be all for it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

This was just for xenophobia.... the disliking part is the part that is inconsequential...by itself, the more significant part is the latter point, combined with the first..

If you start labeling people, for having thought crimes (for instance you could hate gay people, but so long as you treat them the same, you are not a bigot (in my mind)) .... well, that is not very liberal. The latter point in conjunction with the first is a xenophobe, but just doing the second (getting rid of people) is something else. It really depends on the intent of why you are removing people. If they are actively causing crime (and are not rehabilitating/changing), etc, that would be understandable. We put people into prison which is removing people from the generel population.
    Some people just want a homogenous community for its' own sake because that's what they support and believe in. Preservation and protection of culture is one thing but actively experiencing it in a pure, undiluted form is something most people in the last 150-200 years have never experienced, we've had the nation/culture as a team where you can plug people from anywhere in for far too long. For those types the more or less Utopia event would be a worldwide emigration of people back to their country of heritage and for the mutts of the world establish some place of their own.

As the melting pot cosmopolitan nature of the world continues to fail I personally think this a distinct possibility rather than a pipe dream. While there are valid lessons to take from it, especially in the avenues of peaceful coexistence there is no inherent need for a multicultural society unless you see it as a ticket to conflict, tension and weakened social values through lack of cohesion. This benefits all the wrong sorts of people in the world.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I think the problem here is not so much cultures mixing, but multiculturalism. Which I do not actually support.

It assumes that all culture are equal. Which is a deluded (idealistic) idea. I do prefer pluralism however. (Which is what we have in the US/Canada) Which is one dominant culture, with other cultures existing alongside it, so far as they are "compatible".

So for instance, and to put it in a bit of a jest, Yoga and Hamburgers... coexisting, with the "American" culture being the "root" that the other springs from. What you end up with is an Americanized version of Yoga. Or Americanized Chinese Food, etc, etc...
    A culture is fluid though. It changes over time and very much because of external factors. Mixing cultures is good, because it enriches both of them. The problems arise when you have a culture suddenly stepping on your entrance that is so alien to you, that you have no time to get used to it. And when that gets paired with an unwillingness of the new culture to adapt to the host country, you get today's situation.

Why should companies hire unqualified people or people with a language barrier?

This moron thinks the world revolves around having a good heart or something... why can't the Government place them on a community work scheme ?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-09-15 at 10:32 PM.

I think it really depends on who uses it, and how.

For my definition:

A xenophobe is someone who thinks their culture is better AND wants to remove the people of a different culture from mixing with their culture; it may involve some fear, or aversion to the culture in question, but to me it only becomes a problem when they try to actively remove people.
    Maybe OT but did you notice people use the insults they fear the most? Liberals use racist, fascist, homophobe, while right-wing use things like cucks or terrorist. I guess I'm just noticing the irony that neither side really buys into (in an emotional way) the other side's insults.