Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just want my group to pay attention to the fight mechanics, and I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Find me where I said I "cannot".

The fact remains that imaginary "friends" on WoW are not your real friends, and most of them will mysteriously disappear the moment you're not valuable to them in some way. You don't know these people, you will never meet them, you aren't actual "friends" just because that's what the in-game list says.

Seriously, get some perspective here. I'm not going to drop to your level and say, "You can't make real friends, hurr" but honestly, go out and do that instead of thinking you have "friends" in WoW.

Simply not true. I've personally been part of multiple RL guild gatherings with some people flying halfway across the US for a get together. Just this summer a guildie got married & several people made the trip out to the wedding, this is something like the 5th or 6th guild wedding we've had since BC where people from the guild have hopped on a plane to hang out.

Looking at all the stories I read on reddit, the WoW forums, MMO CHamp, etc. I also see that this is far from a rare thing.

The fact remains that imaginary "friends" on WoW are not your real friends, and most of them will mysteriously disappear the moment you're not valuable to them in some way.
    I hope you realize this is a feature of many friendships, be they online or in the real world. Hell, it's even predicated on marriages.

People spend time with you because you have something to offer them. You are funny/entertaining, or they know they can rely on you for emotional/professional support, or in the case of your spouse, you are physically attractive to them and financially stable.

The moment you became boring/unlikeable to any of these people, you would run out of friends and face divorce.

Every relationship is a transaction. The transaction doesn't need to involve material things.

There's no such thing as a relationship with no self-interest involved.

What I want to know are where are all the damn tanks? I run with some friends (3 DPS) as a healer, and we waste more freaking time in LFM trying to find a tank... Have started leveling my Prot War, but then we'll just end up waiting on a healer lol.

As for the OP, lol ya right. If anyone tried to make me pay them to run anything where they're just pulling their own weight, I'd tell em to take a long walk off a short pier.

Deleted

The fact remains that imaginary "friends" on WoW are not your real friends, and most of them will mysteriously disappear the moment you're not valuable to them in some way. You don't know these people, you will never meet them, you aren't actual "friends" just because that's what the in-game list says.

Seriously, get some perspective here. I'm not going to drop to your level and say, "You can't make real friends, hurr" but honestly, go out and do that instead of thinking you have "friends" in WoW.
    Are you going to answer the question or not? Or are you going to pick on the phasing?
    Last edited by mmoc25df090c9d; 2016-09-15 at 04:32 PM.

Sounds fair to me OP. I hate healing, and I get that tanking has been made so brain dead easy over the years, that is now not the role that is 1# in demand.

PS, always will tank 5 mans...This is my...religion, my...passion? maybe not, but its how I like to do 5 mans, so all my alt's who can tank have tank off-spec etc
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

. jhkhkhkhkhkhkhk

Deleted
    Your question is based on a false premise. You basically posed the, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" style question. Me answering, "yes" or "no" doesn't actually answer anything accurately, hence the longer reply.
    So you won't answer the question of why just because you can not do something, it is impossible for others? You would rather give anaolgies? And bad ones at that than answer the simple question? It was never a yes/no question. You will notice in my first rephrase I did use the word why. It is obvious from that, I want more than a yes or no answer.

It's a simple question..... Which for the last time I will rephrase. Because you refuse to make friends online, on the assumption that all are fake and empty, why does that make it impossible for others to bond with their fellow gamers?
    Last edited by mmoc25df090c9d; 2016-09-15 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sorry that the explanations were too complex for you to bother reading. I don't know any simpler languages than English though, so I guess we're stuck with this.

Yes I could make "friends" in WoW. No, I don't view them as "real friends" in any capacity. No, I didn't say it was "impossible", in fact I very clearly said it wasn't in a previous post that you obviously didn't read or comprehend.
    Why are you getting so defensive now? Why are you being rude to me? You never answered the question. Instead you went on about wife beating (seriously bad analogy, tbf all anaolgies are bad).

So I am now to blame because I don't stalk you and read everything you write o.0 is this what the MMO-C community has turned into?

I never asked if you did make friends. I never asked for your view on what type of friends they are (real or fake). Again you didn't answer the question. Instead, you dance around the question. Last time to rephrase since you insist on answering questions that I never asked. Last time as my patience is not great.

Why did you state that people can not make friends online, just because you do not want to make friends online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveofeight View Post
    I tried to get into a mythic, and the 8 listing for Eye of Azshara had 3 dps and 1 tank, all needed healers. If nobody wants to heal, that means the incentives are required to make people join your group.
    Clearly it really depends on your server/cluster or w/e. Mine has more healers than tanks, and the only person on my server who asks people to pay him to tank is one of those mythic raider types who thinks he's hot shit that people generally ignore, and when he does his usual thing I typically just offer my tank queue free to piss him off.

Deleted
    You could have alerted me at the start of this conversation that English isn't your first language and I would have understood. Now you've just wasted my time with this nonsense because you're not fluent in the language of this forum.
    Ok...... I am sorry if I offended you some how, apparently I have. I am just trying to understand why you think someone cant have something you don't think is worthwhile.

The Irony of the comic is that, there are so few healers and tanks because rather then be fawned upon, they get dumped on ANYTIME something goes wrong. The tank and/or healer take the blame for anytime anything goes wrong no matter who's fault it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to be rude, but this is probably the most stupid idea I've seen in a while

I definitely would do that if they want my healing services. You expect me to heal you for free? I give up my time to provide vaulable service and I demand compensation for my wonderful, wonderful services. I will be charging all DPS and Tank 15k for single run in exchange they get my healing service.

Y'all better be good or you lose healing services.

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    I don't want to be rude, but this is probably the most stupid idea I've seen in a while
    I am not sure you can follow up I don't wan to be rude with this is the stupidest idea ever. I think you have to start the sentence with I am trying to be a rude as possible, then you follow that up with this is the stupidest idea ever.

Pfft, out of all my toons every alt I actually play is a healer. I shall enjoy having a negative impact on this farce of something you're trying to put off as being difficult. The only thing difficult about healing these things is trying to stay awake while I do it.

It is just about the time that the healers have enough of mistreatment and taking all the blames for providing services when it was either the tank or dps thinking they have the right to stand in the piss zones.

The way I see that we will charge you in order for pugs to play well and treat healers better.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a very fair assessment if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    No, letting the tank drop down low is not "fine". I don't want to risk wiping and make the tank blow CDs on trash, just to put out an extra 40-50k dps.

You also have to remember that not all healers are Paladins. Even when I'm going full ham DPS as Disc, I only reach about 100-110k, and that's with the 15% buff for random heroics. Full DPS, barely casting any heals at all.

Yeah, sure, in content that I vastly overgear, like random heroics, I go Disc and add a shitload of DPS. But in mythics, there's so much healing to do that I really don't have time to DPS. I'm spamming Shadowmend most of the time.

Just because you can do something on a Paladin, in a very skilled and coordinated guild group, doesn't mean that everyone can easily do it everywhere. Remember that you are also a Paladin: You're one of, if not the highest-DPS healer, and you have multiple AoE abilities that you can just throw down to do passive damage while you heal...other healers don't have that.

And where is this "200k dps" you're claiming? On trash pulls in your video, you're ending around 60-80k dps and only being around 8% of the damage that pull. And on the first boss, you did a whopping...61k! And the tank dropped to near-death multiple times. Other bosses are the same thing: Sure, when you have wings up and you're just going full ham, you jump right up to 250k...and then slowly go down and down and down from there, ending the fight around 60-80k dps, while letting the tank and DPS drop to near-death over and over.

Also, the fact that you're claiming that tanks can heal themselves better than healers is extremely questionable. Sure, they have cooldowns, but "healing themselves better than healers" implies that they're 100% self-sufficient and don't even need a healer, which is completely false.

Nice bait. 10/10. Got me and others to reply.
    Well I'm sorry you are so closed minded on this subject. It's a real problem with the community right now. To hear some one say "I don't want to make tanks blow cds on trash" exemplifies the problem. They aren't gone for good man! This isn't classic! Best part about dungeons is that you have to run around some times. During that time, cds are refreshing. But ya if you look at the health deficit in those videos a "near death" you simply aren't playing at a competitive level. Hope you can take some time to understand the difference between "I'm out of cds, I'm going to die if I don't get healed" and "let me drop low,I have all cds up and can heal myself to full with two globals."

Anyway in that video I was 15 item levels lower than I am now. I explained that a few times in this thread.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Sounds like you want to be paid a disproportionately high amount for the work you wanna do.
    Healing, HEALER. Unless you DPS are starting to heal aswell as tank while still maintaining your dps you really don't have a case here.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammpe View Post
    Well here in europe we get our health care free! ( asuming you are from US ^^ )
    Here in germany we pay 80 euros per month for health care Nothing is free mate.