10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I believe he is a perfectionist that looks at every single angle to get the most out of his players yea. Its why hes so good

- - - Updated - - -

Whats your point?
    Being an awesome player doen't make you a leader.
    I admire Zlatan even though he has a history with our Amsterdam rivals

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Not many leaders. Both of his Chelsea teams were much, much better.
    Zlatan isnt a leader?
    Not going to get into a Zlatan debate but despite what personal feelings you have for him. Theres not many 20 year old footballers who wouldn't want to impress him on the pitch

Whats your point?
    The point is that you said or inferred that Zlatan is a leader because 20 year old players look up to him

Deleted
    Zlatan is a cockwomble.

His pathetic Champions League CV tells you all you need to know.

And how does one go about buying these leaders or making one overnight? Whos to say Baily cant go on to become one.

Tell me the leaders in city, chelsea, Arsenal. Which ones are regular starters that are not injury prone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Zlatan is a cockwomble.

His pathetic Champions League CV tells you all you need to know.
    Buffon says hi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    The point is that you said or inferred that Zlatan is a leader because 20 year old players look up to him
    Ok fine Zlatan isnt a leader. Well done

And how does one go about buying these leaders or making one overnight? Whos to say Baily cant go on to become one.

Tell me the leaders in city, chelsea, Arsenal. Which ones are regular starters that are not injury prone.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon says hi

- - - Updated - - -

Ok fine Zlatan isnt a leader. Well done
    Chelsea used to have Terry, Lampard and Drogba. Look what they did in 2012. That my friend is a definitive example of what leaders can bring you.

We still have Terry and Ivanovic.
    I would argue Fabregas too.

Don't get mad. We don't really know who is the leader for that team. Maybe it is Zlatan or will be in during the later season. But the reasoning that you put out doesn't make him a leader.

Look at Barcelona, the leadership there is not really from their best players.

Chelsea used to have Terry, Lampard and Drogba. Look what they did in 2012. That my friend is a definitive example of what leaders can bring you.

We still have Terry and Ivanovic.
    I would argue Fabregas too.
    Past examples are great but lets get it present. Terry was lucky to get a 1 year contract extension and could have easily been gone this year. Ivan is degrading faster than peps hair. And Fab is probably a good shout. Which was a Mourinho buy so...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get mad. We don't really know who is the leader for that team. Maybe it is Zlatan or will be in during the later season. But the reasoning that you put out doesn't make him a leader.

Its such a broad stroke definition of leadership though. If inspiring others around you to play better and have a winning mentality not just at games but in how you train and your attitude to training isnt leadership I really don't know what is.
    And I'm assuming you are talking about mascherno?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-09-15 at 07:39 PM.

Past examples are great but lets get it present. Terry was lucky to get a 1 year contract extension and could have easily been gone this year. Ivan is degrading faster than peps hair. And Fab is probably a good shout. Which was a Mourinho buy so...

- - - Updated - - -

Its such a broad stroke definition of leadership though. If inspiring others around you to play better and have a winning mentality not just at games but in how you train and your attitude to training isnt leadership I really don't know what is.
    So I'm giving examples but they have to fit your standards?

Christ...

So I'm giving examples but they have to fit your standards?

Christ...
    I'm saying you are saying united don't have leaders yet the list on your current team is nothing to brag about. And its true if conte and the fans didnt ask for Terry who wont be a starter every game and would have been let go by your heartless board even though you need him. And Fab was a mourinho buy so who do you thank for that awkward situation? Are you out of running of the league?

I don't think even Messi and CRonaldo fanboys are as fervent as you are in defending Mourinho

I'm saying you are saying united don't have leaders yet the list on your current team is nothing to brag about. And its true if conte and the fans didnt ask for Terry he would have been gone from your heartless board even though you need him. And Fab was a mourinho buy so who do you thank for that awkward situation? Are you out of running of the league?
    Who cares if Mourinho bought him?

I made a statement that United don't have leaders, and you've all but confirmed it.
    You say we have a heartless board, yet we gave Terry an extension? Really don't understand what you're trying to say.

You keep changing the goal posts. You can't have discussions with people like that.

I don't think even Messi and CRonaldo fanboys are as fervent as you are in defending Mourinho
    It will be a sad day for the sport when he steps down. Just like the players you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares if Mourinho bought him?

I made a statement that United don't have leaders, and you've all but confirmed it.
    You say we have a heartless board, yet we gave Terry an extension? Really don't understand what you're trying to say.

You keep changing the goal posts. You can't have discussions with people like that.
    Ok well lets leave it there then, chelsea have more leaders. Lets see who finishes higher at the end of the league. You say I change goal posts but you refuse to even accept basic facts about your club.

And i'll spell out my point about terry because you clearly struggle to understand basic points, YOU ARE LUCKY TO STILL HAVE TERRY. Because your shit show club nearly shot itself in the foot again.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-09-15 at 07:59 PM.

It will be a sad day for the sport when he steps down. Just like the players you mentioned.

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/

Ok well lets leave it there then, chelsea have more leaders. Lets see who finishes higher at the end of the league. You say I change goal posts but you refuse to even accept basic facts about your club.

And i'll spell out my point about terry because you clearly struggle to understand basic points, YOU ARE LUCKY TO STILL HAVE TERRY. Because your shit show club nearly shot itself in the foot again.
    But we still have Terry so your argument about who has leaders is utterly redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    If it were Van Gaal, I bet Roberto would be the first to hold the door after such a match. But no, now he waves it away with "We're after domestic cups, we don't care about the EL".

Yet they consistently fail in Europe and keep brushing it away with the "domestic cup" nonsense. Van Gaal won them a domestic cup. Would Mourinho also get sacked if he won the same cup with the same dreadful performances?
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-09-15 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what a leader is though. Whether he is THE leader is clearly debatable.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-09-15 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Buffon says hi
    Hardly comparable - Buffon didn't jump ship every two years to try and win it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly from people like Mascherano / Piqué and Iniesta I'd have thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    A leader is more than just a spotlight which people admire. What Valeron is describing would be called an idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Mostly from people like Mascherano / Piqué and Iniesta I'd have thought.
    Mascherano and Iniesta, yes, from Pique? no

the ultimate leader of Barcelona was Puyol. They have never really replaced him in that sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Not really. That is more like hero or idol worship (or admiration). While that can be a component of leadership in a demonstration type of way, it really is a low part of that equation.

Not many = none?

Zlatan and Rooney. Perhaps Carrick.

Compared to

Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba / Terry, Ivan, Fabregas, Cost, Azpilicuta. All real leaders of men.
    Chelsea have had some good leaders in the last dozen years - Cech/Drogba/Terry (the cunt) I'll certainly give you. Fat Frank was a fine player but not a leader and I'll have to assume you're taking the piss about Fabregas because he couldn't lead Frank to a buffet.

Terry will be leading from the reserves this weekend. Out injured.

dw got sound cover with luiz