Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    the Damage Dealers also contribute to everything in the dungeon without us they cant kill boss (except for druids), not all tanks or healers are leaders many times DD take control and guide the tanks
    roll a class that can heal and tank. problem sorted

15+ Year Old Account
    Because of the bags I queue as a healer instead of my dps main spec. That way the queue for other dps is slightly shorter. Your welcome.

You can, it happened during Warlords.
    It's just far less likely that there is a shortage of DPS.

I've gotten it as DPS in LFR. Near the end of WoD, I'd only do LFR if it had a bag for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Are you new to this game? DPS would get "special treatment bags" from LFR queues all the time in WoD.
    Idk why, but this made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Because people are afraid to get yelled at for their performance as a tank or healer when they should damn well be getting yelled at for their poor performance as a DPS.

I'd much rather anyone who is garbage at damage dealing to play a class that does not focus on damage.

But unfortunately, because of this mentality, the game is designed around it and DPS are coddled. So the unskilled masses flock to, ironically, the most skill based role of a PvE group. Healers and Tanks are also an important part of the group, but there's really no way in hell their contributions can match those of their damage dealer comrades that are actually doing their job.
    What did I just read?..

People sure love to talk nonsense, geez.

Since we're talking about heroics, not mythics, a decently geared and skilled tank can solo many of the heroics. Have a friend that's slowly working their way through all of the heroics solo at about 840 ilvl.

So for the argument of "you need us DPS", that's probably a no, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Since we're talking about heroics, not mythics, a decently geared and skilled tank can solo many of the heroics. Have a friend that's slowly working their way through all of the heroics solo at about 840 ilvl.

So for the argument of "you need us DPS", that's probably a no, too.
    We'll talk about this statement in two weeks when tanks' damage get nerfed under healers'

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I don't think you understand how ratios work.

Blizzard has already made it so the more popular role (DPS) can be in larger numbers than tanks or heals for a given dungeon (you can take 3 DPS for every 1 tank/healer).

Even with that increased ratio, there aren't enough people willing to tank or heal relative to the people that want to just DPS. So Blizzard can either change the group size (no more 5-man dungeons, maybe 7 or 8?) to get more DPS in for every person willing to tank or heal, or they can further incentivize people playing whatever role is in highest demand (tank, heal, DPS).
    I literally said in my post "Yes I know that's not how it actually works". hahahah

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    the Damage Dealers also contribute to everything in the dungeon without us they cant kill boss (except for druids), not all tanks or healers are leaders many times DD take control and guide the tanks
    And DD can't kill bosses on their own without healers or tanks either. So let's bring down your e-peen meter a bit.

It's a simple algorithm. It is looking for 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps at any given time to match up for a dungeon. If there is a shortage of any of them for an extended period of time, it was offer an incentive to attract more to that role.

The simple reality at any given time is that there are far more dps than either tanks or healers. Part of the problem is that is far easier to level as dps than as either tank or healer (although Blizz has made this easier with the last few expansions), and the other part of the problem is that many players judge their skill based solely on damage meters, so there is a natural gravitation towards lots of dps. The last part of the problem is that tanks and healers, fairly or unfairly, get a lot of grief for any shortcomings of the group...far more than dps gets (my own experience from Vanilla thru MoP).

So, you will typically see shortages of either tanks or healers 90% to 95% of the time. Since it does take 3 dps to form a team, you will, on rare occasions, see a shortage of dps and an opportunity to snag the bonus bag.

If you really want a bonus bag, the solution is super-simple. Level up a tank or healer and queue up yourself.

Wrong. We don't need DPS to clear dungeons. It may take a tank and heals longer but you aren't needed and that goes for any tank class, not just Druids.

No further need to repeat what everyone else has said concerning the bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    DPS outnumber tanks/heals more than 3:1, making queue times >40 minutes. Ask anyone who played before the bags were added.

Bags were added, now queue times are rarely more than 15 minutes for anyone. If more DPS swapped to heals/tank, DPS would get bags instead. They do get them occasionally in LFR.
    Qs are still pushing an hour+ for DPS right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Try being a needed commodity for once and you'll get the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Because of the bags I queue as a healer instead of my dps main spec. That way the queue for other dps is slightly shorter. Your welcome.
    Their welcome what?
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Incentive for tanks and healers to sign up whilst derp dps stand in fire and cleaves and hit the wrong targets whilst shouting "ffs retard tank/healer!"

I hate to break it to you, but if 5 tanks queued for a heroic it would probably go far better than your run of the mill DPS that's looking for spots now-a-days.

But the reality is, as others have explained and as is quite obvious, it is not just for tanks and healers. Its for the role that is short atm.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    The bags are rewarded for the role that is less represented in the queue, and the majority of the time, it is tank and healers.

Sadly, you DPS people are swarming the queue. Tanks and Healers have about 10-60 seconds before a queue. At least my own experience.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Also Heroic queues seem to be <15 minutes as solo DPS now where Normal is still 45m+

Probably because once you hit iLevel 810 there's no reason to ever run Normal (since Heroic aren't actually any harder lol)

there are for the most part no consequences in five mans for doing poor dps; things will take a bit longer but unless the DPS' output is truly terrible you'll still clear the instance. This is much less true for tanks and healers, who can cause wipes/deaths with relatively trivial mistakes.

most people in the game as in life shy away from 1) taking on responsibility and 2) confrontation, so they just don't opt for these roles (and if they do, won't post a deathlog showing that they healed a guy through 15 ticks of whatever voidzone before he finally died.) And since most people don't wanna tank/heal, they gotta give some incentive to those of us who do to keep the queue from drying up.

though that said, DPS imo have the hardest job in raids

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    For all the above reasons and more. Like for instance, the tank is keeping the mobs from kicking your ass, and the healer refills your life when you want to be stupid and stand in shit . In short of enrage timers, a tank and healer could do a while dungeon without dps. They just make it faster. Could you solo a legion heroic on your dps classes since you think the contribution is the same? Without any heals or mitigation? Think about it.
    Could a tank solo without a healer? Could a healer solo without a tank? Everyone is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftordon View Post
    Could a tank solo without a healer? Could a healer solo without a tank? Everyone is needed.
    Yes. Tanks are soloing heroics.