Why couldn't Fitzpatrick play like this when he was a Bill?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha Oh man, jump ball INT on a 3rd and 1 makes me laugh. How much money are they paying McCoy to do nothing on short yardage?

These are a couple of run-first defensive oriented teams with mediocre QBs and yet they keep taking deep shots, what am I watching?

How many fucking 3rd and longs will the Bill give up tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Haha Oh man, jump ball INT on a 3rd and 1 makes me laugh. How much money are they paying McCoy to do nothing on short yardage?

These are a couple of run-first defensive oriented teams with mediocre QBs and yet they keep taking deep shots, what am I watching?
    I can see why the Jets do it with Marshall and Decker, they can both win or at least help prevent picks in 1 on 1 situations. Bills make no sense.

Bills have gave up almost 500 yards to the Jets, Rob is leaving his mark on the defense already.

Well this is depressing. The Bills have no pass rush after the first quarter. Thank you, Dareus forgetting a 4 game suspension. Fucktard

Wow, that time of possession: currently 38min Jets vs 18 min Buffalo. That defense has to be so exhausted. Not that they came out being able to stop the Jets or anything...

The last thing I expected was for Fitzpatrick to have a career best game. Looks like the Bills will compete with Cleveland for the #1 pick. Is there anyone worth drafting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter streaming this for free would be nice if Twitter's volume control worked for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Twitter streaming this for free would be nice if Twitter's volume control worked for me.
    Try just altering your browser volume instead. Also it was crashing for me on Firefox, had to switch to chrome.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Don't think anybody expected both teams to score in the 30's: if bizzaro week continues, expect the Giants/Saints game to be 13-10 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellz yea! 100% correct on predictions so far. >.>

Though to be honest I found myself rooting for the bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Don't think anybody expected both teams to score in the 30's: if bizzaro week continues, expect the Giants/Saints game to be 13-10 or something.
    and maybe the Rams won't get shutout

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and maybe the Rams won't get shutout
    Actually in a real Bizarro week, they will. Playing the Rams on the road is always one of the hardest games of the year for the Seahawks. They always show up against Seattle, no matter how badly they've shit the bed against a terrible team the week before (or the week after).

I've watched this garbage for the last 16 years. The Bills may make me stop watching the NFL completely.

It's the same thing the 90s Tigers did to MLB for me.

So far it looks like Revis has hit the physically done wall in his 2 games. If he actually has and it is anything like Champ once he suddenly lost it, might be a long year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I've watched this garbage for the last 16 years. The Bills may make me stop watching the NFL completely.

It's the same thing the 90s Tigers did to MLB for me.
    It will get better eventually, might take new ownership to make smarter coach decisions though.

Last year and this were more frustrating than mid-late 90s to me as a Tigers fan, but again that is a coaching issue that will eventually get better.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-09-16 at 07:08 AM.

So the Questions to ask this weekend are:

Will the Awesome Jameis Winston lead his Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a win in the Desert against the (Angry Birds), Cardinals

Will the Denver Broncos beat a Colts side , which has a good record against the Mile High team

Will the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the San Diego Chargers without Keenan Allen

Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-09-16 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    So far it looks like Revis has hit the physically done wall in his 2 games. If he actually has and it is anything like Champ once he suddenly lost it, might be a long year for him.

It will get better eventually, might take new ownership to make smarter coach decisions though.

Last year and this were more frustrating than mid-late 90s to me as a Tigers fan, but again that is a coaching issue that will eventually get better.

I wasn't joking about the Tigers. In the late 80s-90s I was a baseball fan. Used to know the stat leaders around the league.

Over a decade of terrible Detroit teams made me quit watching the sport. One day I was in a bar and noticed the World series was on, and the Tigers were one of the teams. I thought, "that's weird. Detroit made the series, and I didn't even know". That was all the more thought I put into it, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had been up for 24 hours by the time the game started last night, so I watched it this morning.

I'm honestly surprised. All these years I;ve always held on to the narrative that Rex Ryan was a great coach, who just got distracted by the media and the nonsense around football too much, and that he had gotten screwed by his front office in NY down the stretch. Rex pretty much always knew exactly how to handle the Patriots and Patriots games against Rex seemed to invariably every year be among the closest we played.

But then this year he was more quiet, and he got a second year with his guys to implement his system, and he got more players that were supposed to be better in his system......except the ugly truth seems to be that the narrative many people had about Rex is just true. He sucks at offence, even when he has competent players. His defense is great when it works, except it's so dependent on certain things to work that it rarely produces exactly what we expect from it from having seen it in full bloom at the Jets. Dareus being there right now would have made Rex's scheme work better due to getting pressure, but Dareus doesn't play offense, and offensively the Bills just don't seem to get what they should given the pieces they have.

All these years I figured his ability to play Belichick close meant somewhere in the bluster was a great coach suffering from a some minor flaws and a lot of bad luck. But it's not. Rex just plain old sucks, and the fact he managed to play the Patriots so close for all those years is probably his 1 saving grace and what has kept him holding on long after he should have probably stopped being a head coach. One of the grand mysteries of the universe.

After feeling all off season that the new, more quiet Rex meant he was putting his energy into coaching, scheming and making sure he was going to bring out the best damn football team the Buffalo area had seen since the 90's it turns out that new, more quiet Rex wasn't concentrating at all, he was just making the same fatal mistakes he has all these years.

So to be honest, after all the annoyance I felt over the Bills since they hired Rex, I'm back to feeling sorry for Bills fans. Despite having a solid O-line, a top notch RB, a QB with some potential that is for a change not actively killing them and defensive pieces that would make several teams drool, they are simply deficient at the second most important position on the team after QB, the coaches.

I'm sure the Bills won't pick top 5 this year, they are too good and Rex may suck but even he is too good and prideful to sink that low, but honestly the best thing that could happen for the Bills right now is a year that's bad enough that it makes Rex Ryan and his coaching staff go away cause I for one have finally seen the light that Rex is never, ever going to get the Bills past what they are right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Bills fired OC Roman (former 49'ers too) and promoted their RB coach to the position.

Not sure how the Bills fans feel about that, but frankly, the Bills offense is not just an OC problem, and I feel he's being scapegoated for problems that extend to the people above him and not just to him. I mean Roman was the playcaller and it was his actions that lead to the Bills defense being on the field so much cause he couldn't keep his team in good down and distance situations, but unless he was going against specific orders to do other things I doubt the problem is just him.

Can't believe he fired Harper. Should have been his brother, who has shown time and again he is a mediocre DC at best. This makes me think that Rex has already given up and knows he is gone during/after this season.

Wolfe and DT are both listed as questionable and Bennie Fowler is still out. Guess either Latimer or Sunshine will be starting opposite Sanders if DT can't go. Hopefully Latimer steps up now that Manning is gone since he never got out of Peyton's doghouse after them not working together well his rookie year. Guess he is at least a good run blocker so that part of DTs game will still be there if he can't play or is limited.

Looks like Jeff Heuerman might finally play a game too. He was a beast at Ohio State but keeps getting hurt, if he does his job having 2 TEs and Janovich would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Can't believe he fired Harper. Should have been his brother, who has shown time and again he is a mediocre DC at best. This makes me think that Rex has already given up and knows he is gone during/after this season.
    Isn't Rob an assistant head coach or something and not the DC? Guess it doesn't matter he still touches the defense.