Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    get rid of void form and bring back devouring plague, i hate being a purple demo lock

Deleted
    mind Sear do 300% increased damage to targets that don't have any of your dots on em. Still puts us a long way behind every other spec for AOEing, but would help out none the less.

imo it would be pretty sweet if void eruption's damage got a nice buff. it would give burst aoe without boosting ST damage to absurd levels

Mind Blast spreading SWP to nearby targets.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Swap Shadow Crash with Mind Spike and make it refresh dots on a 10 second CD. No travel time to make it feel less clunky.

Mind Spike then becomes a new insanity gen/ haste buff in that tier.

I'd leave everything regarding our single target mechanics alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Replace StM with anything at all. Balance the spec around not having it.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    Replace StM with anything at all. Balance the spec around not having it.
    No thanks. Most innovative, fun CD in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hugplx View Post
    No thanks. Most innovative, fun CD in the game.
    Yes please, delete that shit of a cooldown, give choices in last talent tree and balance the spec around NOT having 80+ stacks of VF.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yes please, delete that shit of a cooldown, give choices in last talent tree and balance the spec around NOT having 80+ stacks of VF.
    Reads as 'remove skill/ difficulty', not gonna lie...

Other lvl100 talents need to be tweaked/reworked though.

Reads as 'remove skill/ difficulty', not gonna lie...

Other lvl100 talents need to be tweaked/reworked though.
    Only if you have problems with reading. I hope you do realise that thanks to StM, which grants a very situational meterwhoring, you are being artificially hold back on every situation which does not allow stm meterwhoring? We can't receive any aoe buffs we desperately need, because it will instantly become ridiculously OP in stm meterwhoring situations. We lost a very interesting stat, mastery, which on early beta increased insanity generation of our skills, because in StM meterwhoring situations it was uber ridiculous. We can't have interesting set bonuses, because any buffs quickly become ridiculous in stm meterwhoring situations. We basically can't have anything at all, because we have that shit of a talent.

But you still can continue blabbering about your uber "skill" in stm meterwhoring, sure, why not.

Only if you have problems with reading. I hope you do realise that thanks to StM, which grants a very situational meterwhoring, you are being artificially hold back on every situation which does not allow stm meterwhoring? We can't receive any aoe buffs we desperately need, because it will instantly become ridiculously OP in stm meterwhoring situations. We lost a very interesting stat, mastery, which on early beta increased insanity generation of our skills, because in StM meterwhoring situations it was uber ridiculous. We can't have interesting set bonuses, because any buffs quickly become ridiculous in stm meterwhoring situations. We basically can't have anything at all, because we have that shit of a talent.

But you still can continue blabbering about your uber "skill" in stm meterwhoring, sure, why not.
    We suck at bursting low health packs of enemies in dungeons...

If ever there was a case for 'meter whoring', it's classes that do that well... Not saying it's not valuable, mind. Being ineffective comparatively on trash is annoying and boring.

I'm within +/-5% on bosses without StM. Blow everyone away and carry with it. It makes me feel powerful. I feel great actually learning mechanics so I don't die and male the use of my abilities. It's fun, it's engaging! It's unique.

Also, don't insist people can't read when they disagree with you. Makes you sound like a twelve year old.

Funny part is, at least for me, I'm fine with that. StM is so fun when you hit GCD cap and unique that I'm willing to take all those downsides. It'll probably get changed at some point because it's too hard to balance around, so I'll enjoy my insane execute phases and shit aoe dps until then. Reminds me of the old days when classes excelled at one aspect of the game and were horrible at another.
    For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals.
    Then something happenend which unleashed the power of our imagination.
    We learned to talk. And we learned to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by robotuprising View Post
    Reminds me of the old days when classes excelled at one aspect of the game and were horrible at another.
    I'd be willing to bet a partial return to this philosophy is exactly the reason Shadow is the way it is right now.

Instant Void Eruption(like it was in at least early beta). Possibly rebalance the level 100 row so StM isn't the only option(although I personally love it) or just make StM baseline and add some other talent that does nothing to the 100 row, which fits with the general power level of that row.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

More tentacle!

Also, don't insist people can't read when they disagree with you. Makes you sound like a twelve year old.
    You're very funny, aren't you? Not only its you who start calling your opponents names... but also, do you really think that twelve years old has no rights to have an opinion on the game designed for 12+? Do you really think that "twelve years old" is an insult of some sort?

And still, looking at your reply, you DO really have problems with reading, that's a fact, because you ignored most of my post which had arguments and just keep insisting that you feel powerful, lol. Sure you do. I feel powerful against pug random players who barely do 50k dps as well, with my allmighty 180k dps. It really feels good... until you get players who know how to play, and then you get a tank who does 200k dps and damage dealers who do like 400k+ on trash and 250k+ on bosses, while you still have like 180k dps AND you have to die no matter what. What an awesome, great talent, yeah, you're right, totally unique. /s

You do 180k dps on bosses? Lol...

No tweaks will help you...

Now stop playing WoW and do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaarj View Post
    Here's a crazy idea, remove Surrender to Madness and add something that would give us competitive damage without having to die for it.

At this point i'm not sure if even Blizzard knows what do about this spec, sure we might be good in raiding on 2-3 targets but what about the rest? I've played Shadow Priest for the last couple of years and this is the first time I've rerolled since i feel like i would just be holding my friends back running dungeons as S.Priest when i could just reroll Hunter or any number of classes and do better in most situations.
    Yep i like s2m but at the expense of decent alternatives? no. Also ten min lock out and dieing seems just strange. Other profs get to gain more up time on their talents, yet its a couple mins each ten for us.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Couple ideas:

• Remove the cast time for VF
    • Give LotV a latent buff to damage in VF when over 70 Insanity
    • Make Mind Sear do literally any fucking damage
    • Make Shadow Crash baseline but remove the Insanity generation on it
    • Reintroduce Cascade or Halo
    • Make Mind Spike actually worth spec'ing
    Agreeing with everything apart from Halo/Cascade.