Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    It's just disappointing and kind of a let down to see such an iconic weapon be reduced to such a common weapon.
    It's not common, it's literally the only weapon you'll use this entire expac.

Lootable weapons are different. You might see like 5 or so players a day with the same weapon but it's not like Doomhammer or Ashbringer or any of the other famous artifacts I don't know about where you'll see it in the hands of almost every player. People will say to use your imagination but that can only go so far. It's like others have said it's only putting a band-aid over it. The problem is still there but we just have to ignore it and pretend like it's not there when they're running all around you. I just don't like how they treat you like you're some miracle boy who can wield this mighty legendary weapon and that you're the world's only hope just to have the feeling taken away by seeing 20 other people with the same "legendary" weapon. It was a great feeling in the beginning knowing that I was the chosen one to wield Doomhammer but that feeling went away as soon as I got to Dalaran.
    How is it different from riding Mimiron's head, weilding Sulfurs, Thunderfury, or any other Iconic weapon from past expansions? Did you complain about TF at 60, since it was actually in the game and a bigger deal than Doomhammer?

You have a poor imagination if weapon art makes you cringe. NPC's only react to you, the Death Knights only say the Death Lord is around when I go past them... not every time someone does.

Going back to imagining other players not being there. This doesn't make sense to me because we are in an MMO where right away the first obvious fact is that there are other players running around in the world and the game recognizes that. So why should we just pretend that they're simply not there and I am the only one? I shouldn't have to do that. People say that since it's an MMO you should be interacting with the other players but it seems in this instance people are saying to ignore them. So what I'm saying is either be an MMO or don't. The way this game is being treated recently is as if it was a single player RPG and because of that it's getting mixed up with the MMO aspects of the game and it's just not mixing very well. Like vinegar and oil.
    At least I personally never said to imagine they aren't there, I said to imagine they are your Death Knights under your Death Lord rule. I assume other classes have similar titles. You can easily make up your own story or has TV and video games ruined peoples ability to think and create ideas for themselves? You're literally making this your problem (and others that feel the same) while the majority, in my experience, of people are enjoying being the chosen one.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea that we're such great heroes. Prior to WoD, in all honesty, we were more like mercenaries than heroes. Than WoD made us commanders of our garrison and an entire fleet of ships, and now we're like THE whatever class we are. It's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    It's not common, it's literally the only weapon you'll use this entire expac.

How is it different from riding Mimiron's head, weilding Sulfurs, Thunderfury, or any other Iconic weapon from past expansions? Did you complain about TF at 60, since it was actually in the game and a bigger deal than Doomhammer?

You have a poor imagination if weapon art makes you cringe. NPC's only react to you, the Death Knights only say the Death Lord is around when I go past them... not every time someone does.

At least I personally never said to imagine they aren't there, I said to imagine they are your Death Knights under your Death Lord rule. I assume other classes have similar titles. You can easily make up your own story or has TV and video games ruined peoples ability to think and create ideas for themselves? You're literally making this your problem (and others that feel the same) while the majority, in my experience, of people are enjoying being the chosen one.
    You're not really understanding where I'm coming from or really any of the points I'm bringing up. You're whole post is just detailed insults so I'm not going to even bother to try and explain myself as it seems it would be useless with you. You're assuming this is some big problem for me so much so that I am "complaining" to Blizzard and demanding they do something about it when it fact it's just an observation that I am trying to discuss. I am actually having lots of fun with Legion but this is one of the things I've just had thoughts about and I thought I'd try and discuss it here but it seems I can't without people making assumptions and right away saying I'm "complaining".

Guess you can't have thoughtful conversations on MMO-C.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I've insulted no one outside saying the lack of imagination is disturbing. But honestly, you can't discuss this as its all opinion based and like you said Blizzard won't change it now. I fail to see how your argument about how lame it is to have these weapons is better than my argument that it's not.

But sure, if you feel I'm being a jerk that's fine. You make a point, I countered it with mine while making a different point. That's debate and a thoughtful conversation.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I've insulted no one outside saying the lack of imagination is disturbing. But honestly, you can't discuss this as its all opinion based and like you said Blizzard won't change it now. I fail to see how your argument about how lame it is to have these weapons is better than my argument that it's not.

But sure, if you feel I'm being a jerk that's fine. You make a point, I countered it with mine while making a different point. That's debate and a thoughtful conversation.
    But see that's the thing I'm not arguing with anyone or trying to make some debate out of this. This is simply just an innocent thought I'd try to discuss with people but it seems people here assume I have some sort of major problem with this and people are reacting as such, just like you are. When you said "or has TV and video games ruined peoples ability to think and create ideas for themselves?" I took that as an insult because instead of coming up with a thoughtful counter you go for an intelligence insult. That's not debating but trying to make it sound like you're better than other people.

Also I love how you go on to say this is all my opinion and it can't be discussed because of it and then say something like "I fail to see how your argument about how lame it is to have these weapons is better than my argument that it's not." So I can't discuss this because my opinion is wrong and yours is right? What?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-16 at 04:34 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Sadly, WoW has followed in the footsteps of Guildwars 2 where "You're the hero". I actually recall watching GW2 pre-release videos and seeing a GW2 developer saying just that. Needless to say it sort of turned me off. That feeling in this expansion seems to actually be amplified over what GW2 had. It really makes no sense that were playing an MMORPG where we largely ignore both the MMO and RPG parts.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    then why do they also have ashbringers on their backs?
    I can't explain that.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to look at it is all those other players have replica weapons because they want to copy you and your bad-assery.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.