Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGnosis View Post
    Its based on your loot spec. Check to make sure its set properly.
    World quests are based on class, not on loot spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malygaa View Post
    Sounds like another way hybrids get fucked over by something.
    Not hybrid, everybody.. even pure dps specs don't use the same relic types on all their specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Not hybrid, everybody.. even pure dps specs don't use the same relic types on all their specs.

Yep, it really blows, as a prot pala without any offspec artifact (didn't bother picking them up, have zero intentions of playing holy or ret, don't like the design of the specs) I'm having a collection of useless life / fire relics, some better than my ms relics, so far I've seen tons of WQ giving those while only 1 ever with iron relic and that being low lvl. No idea why WQ have so much disparity in ilvl rewards baseline (not the procs). I see everything form 805 to 840 as a baseline atm.

Yesterday there were 3 WQ for a relic active simultaneously... All 3 arcane! Seriously? What's the point of that even.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's just as bad for the pures to get relics they cannot use in their mainspec.
    My BM-hunter friend keeps getting rewards that can only be used by MM or SV.

I really don't mind getting my third or fourth WQ for an Arcane Relic.
    But as Holy/Ret I'd love to see more for those spec than just a single Life Relic.
    It is worse for Druids/Shamans/Paladins since they can get the wrong main stat on trinkets. For relics it is probably about the same.

From what I've noticed, certain relic types are rewards from specific zones. Azsuna only ever has arcane relics (which I can't use because I'm MM) and I've mostly seen storm relics in Stormheim. This might not be how it works but its what I've seen so far.

I keep getting relics for the right spec, but for traits a mile away from the path I've taken so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brewmaster relic has a much higher ilvl than my windwalker main relic. Pretty weird but I don't mind it at the same time. I can see how it would be frustrating though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    The relic rewards from World quests are based on unlocked legendary weapons you have. This was listed in many guides months before legion release -> you shouldn't unlock your additional legendary weapons if you don't want to get world quests with relic rewards for those weapons. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiltroska View Post
    The relic rewards from World quests are based on unlocked legendary weapons you have. This was listed in many guides months before legion release -> you shouldn't unlock your additional legendary weapons if you don't want to get world quests with relic rewards for those weapons. This is nothing new.
    Bullshit.

I haven't unlocked offspec weapons (holy or ret) and I'm still offered fire / life relics it just doesn't say "attuned for x artifact" because I didn't grab it.

The only artifact I grabbed was prot and it uses holy / iron / arcane, there seems to be abundance of arcane / life / fire relics but barely ever an iron one (that's why it's my worst atm).

Deleted

Imagine rarely getting a Mythic+ world quest reward, only for it to be a trinket, or a relic, or something that is for the spec you either rarely play or don't play at all. Yeah, an Outlaw rogue might get a reward without the perfect stats which may be perfect for sin, but...that's a common thing in general, and it's far better than world quests deciding to be so random that it gives even a pure DPS class a random healing trinket.
    That is exactly what I got last night (
    Maw of souls dungeon WQ reward was a mythic life relic for my BM hunter (arcane/storm/iron only)
    Not even unlocked the other two artifacts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I keep getting relics for the right spec, but for traits a mile away from the path I've taken so far.
    That's no problem - you can still use them in your weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Maybe I'm confused, but the 'spec' your relic is for isn't related to your actual spec or loot spec.

As a fire mage, my fire artifact has 2 Fire Relic slots and 1 Arcane Relic slot.

OBviously if I got a frost relic (I haven't yet) I'd be boned, but double check to make sure you don't have another spec slot on your weapon.
    you got the tl;dr vision i see. getting relics that you cannot use on your MS weapon at all, aka, me as a shadow priest being able to use shadow and blood relics on my shadow weapon, but getting literally nothing but holy or life relics from world quests. I have literally yet to see a shadow or blood relic come from any quest since.... my holy artifact is 850 now and my MS shadow relic is suffering at 817....

Quote Originally Posted by TechGnosis View Post
    Its based on your loot spec. Check to make sure its set properly.
    100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    100% wrong.
    Vex has anyone figured out what it IS based off? like what is telling this silly game to give my shadow priest life relics???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistea View Post
    Vex has anyone figured out what it IS based off? like what is telling this silly game to give my shadow priest life relics???
    Class. It's giving you Life relics because Holy can use a life relic.

It kinda sucks, I know.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    well i never get holy,steel,shadow relics on a druid. its based on class

Trinkets and relics are random, everything else is for your lootspec.

Deleted
    I'm shadow, in the first two weeks in total I got 1 shadow relic and 2 blood relics - my holy relic has had two holy and 1 life, disc has also had 2 relics and I'm missing a shadow relic for it. So it's probably about even drop rate across specs for me so far

15+ Year Old Account
    Non-profession world quests are based entirely on your class and ilvl. It doesn't matter what artifacts you've unlocked or what specs you play.

There was a blue post that confirmed that (that I cannot find now) because they didn't like the idea of people changing specs and the rewards changing.

Not anything that I could find, however, given the frequency that WQ pop OS relics so consistently it may be a way blizzard helps you prepare your offspec in case you decide to try it out. Just guessing.

I haven't even gotten relics to spawn as rewards. I got a lot of trinkets though.