Thread: Ley Stalker Dro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I CC'ed him and then popped everything. He died within seconds.
    Only had damage and hp upgrades on my withered.

Deleted
    Lasted 25 seconds for me, popped everything with 21 withered in mayhem
    Mode, he killed 2 of them. Combustion rotation with rop and timewarp. Added a flame strike in to slow him and
    The shock baton slow definitely help.

Blow your load early and then you'll eventually need to flamestrike kite to keep him at bay. Worked for me. Went from 22 Withering to 14 after I killed him. I actually look forward to him now.. provides a nice challenge

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    What could possibly be easier then spamming sheep untill he dies?

I have obtained all upgrades, but I still just spam sheep when I encounter him. Its by far the easiest way to kill him. Spam sheep for 10-20 seconds and he's dead.
    Can you elaborate, because if you just sheep his ass the Withered don't attack.

Are you maintaining an ignite on him to keep breaking the sheep? If so how are you doing that?

Sheep spam didn't help me much. Still lost 6 withered.

I lost 2 out of 21 withered minions @ Dro .

Berserk and endless spam of poly and occasional DB and Novas (just because ).

I still cant deal with Dro. he jumped on me while i was fighting something and I died within the couple seconds it took me to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I still cant deal with Dro. he jumped on me while i was fighting something and I died within the couple seconds it took me to notice.
    This is also a big issue, if you get unlucky and are on low-ish HP when he spawns he can easily kill you before you get things sorted (particularly if there's other mobs alongside him).

Deleted
    Don't mind me and my huge stack of treasure: http://i.imgur.com/4S8qDpc.jpg

It's a matter of choosing the right talents, really. Nothing too fancy required. Mirror image to keep him off for a while (true for all bosses), and ice ward for the double frost nova to buy yourself some time and allow your withered to actually hit with their rocks. This is important: withered dps goes through the roof when the enemy can't move.

When he spawns, I sheep him just to wait for any cooldowns to recover and to put up a new ice barrier, then wait some more, so a second one is already available.

Then let your withered go ham, do your combustion rotation, nova to allow them to dps, and heal with blink. Use flamestrike to keep him slowed: your personal dps is secondary. When he does his charge, DB. Blink to melee range if you have to. Use time warp. Pop mirror image as soon as he focuses you, block if he lives long enough to do it again. Flask and pots if your gear level isn't very high yet.

You'll probably lose some withered, I see no way of completely avoiding it as a mage, but it should only be 1-3, which still allows you to get all chests out.

I wasn't full on cds nor hp when he appeared, as Fire I kited him around with Frost Nova and Dragon's Breath, kept refreshing Ice Barrier and healing with Cauterizing Blink while nuking from afar with PF, Fire Blast, instant Pyro and Living Bomb if you have that talented. Worth mentioning I had only 1 withered alive when he engaged me, otherwise it probably would have been much easier.

Fire seems to be the worst spec if you have to kite him, I believe Frost and Arcane would have a much easier time given they have baseline slows.

Deleted
    I just did withered training again and I have to say poly spamming is the way to go. Poly him, move your withered to the side, activate berserk and blink to him and just spam poly on him non-stop until he is dead. Had no losses at all.

I just pop coolies but he ends up halving my withered number

I started with 16 withered. Used all CDs including time warp. Got him to around 15% then just kited him around the rest of the way. Lost only 1 withered. 847 ilvl

Deleted
    I have all the chests already, at 850ilvl fire, and I met him with up to 30+ withered. The best way seems to just sheep him straight away. Clear if you have anything on you, run in range from him pop rop cb tw, activate mobs and literally burn him in 15 sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I have all the chests already, at 850ilvl fire, and I met him with up to 30+ withered. The best way seems to just sheep him straight away. Clear if you have anything on you, run in range from him pop rop cb tw, activate mobs and literally burn him in 15 sec.
    I've noticed that running with 20 withered pretty much eliminates the threat of him. Since I have the mana cap, it's been easy, and having gear 840+ really helps too. Last run (where I got my final chests and finished the instance) I could casually run through the place. Spider gauntlet was annoying, since a single spider seems to really enthrall the zombies so they don't move with you (but they wont kill it either?), but LB clears that shit like its nothing. Elf-Breaker also died just after using one stun, and 1 grip-withered. Gear eliminated any challenge there was left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I've noticed that running with 20 withered pretty much eliminates the threat of him. Since I have the mana cap, it's been easy, and having gear 840+ really helps too. Last run (where I got my final chests and finished the instance) I could casually run through the place. Spider gauntlet was annoying, since a single spider seems to really enthrall the zombies so they don't move with you (but they wont kill it either?), but LB clears that shit like its nothing. Elf-Breaker also died just after using one stun, and 1 grip-withered. Gear eliminated any challenge there was left.
    You have to damage the tiny spiders yourself or the withered won't attack it and just let the spiders nibble them to death.