Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Why blizzard nerfed TANKS AOE damage when its the lazy dps fault

for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like someone's mad they got nerfed, and this is coming from a Frost/Blood DK who loves to LFD spam as Blood. I'm surprised it wasn't more TBH - 10%? Pffft. I'll still beat 50-75% of people in LFD in overall damage done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

From a blue post on the frontpage: "tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers"
    Has nothing to do with lazy dps underperforming.

Yeah no I had a DH tank yesterday in Mythic VH pulling 220k dps as a tank on bosses. That's a problem. He was top DPS on those 4 man elite squad AoE pulls with 450-500k dps. My unholy AoE spam was only topping at 430k. Nothing to do with lazy. Back in Wrath tanks did like... maybe half the dps that dps specs did. Not 80-90% of the damage the dps did.

Deleted
    1st. Not all tanks deserved that nerf. Only DHs and DKs had outstanding aoe dps. BrM aoe and st damage was poop, why they got nerfed?
    2nd. They were comparing it to what? Most ranged DPS have botched cleave/aoe abilties and can't perform at all in those areas.

I'll be top damage as a tank on aoe pulls if the dps is under geared or not good. A good dps or geared player is usually on par or better at aoe. Single target boss fights though, the damage dealers as they should blow me out of the water. I have no fucking clue why these pansies are complaining.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's take 4 tanks and a healer into mythics! Could be awesome

7+ Year Old Account
    So this guy is pretty insane. The simple answer to this is easy: Try beating a guardian druid in any form of aoe battle. They fucking own atm. Too much.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I'll be top damage as a tank on aoe pulls if the dps is under geared or not good. A good dps or geared player is usually on par or better at aoe. Single target boss fights though, the damage dealers as they should blow me out of the water. I have no fucking clue why these pansies are complaining.
    or a Feral... or Shadowpriest... or probably a number of other classes which have high ramp up time and low DPS on trash.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    Honestly, you have to be ignorant of the design goals of the game and the whole system it works on to even think of something like this. Nerfs and what have you are not so much based on what is happening in the game (so "underperformance" isn't an issue), they use sims. If the sims show that tank aoe is too high, they nerf it. It has nothing to do with "player performance" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Problem with Tanks is that their ST is bad. Plus it's just a select few of them whose AoE is good enough to warrant a nerf.

This is a blanket change because they don't want to commit to anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    You kinda pointed out the problem in your post. "A good dps or geared player is usually on par or better at aoe." A good dps player and a geared dps player should blow a tank out of the water at aoe and single target.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    actually it does work extremely well

lazy dps, because every class is up to par with outlaw, windwalker and havoc's aoe output... oh wait theyre not remotely close, more like less aoe than actual singletarget

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah no I had a DH tank yesterday in Mythic VH pulling 220k dps as a tank on bosses. That's a problem. He was top DPS on those 4 man elite squad AoE pulls with 450-500k dps. My unholy AoE spam was only topping at 430k. Nothing to do with lazy. Back in Wrath tanks did like... maybe half the dps that dps specs did. Not 80-90% of the damage the dps did.
    If a tank is doing 220k ST he's likely the type to run with dps who do 300-400k which is completely fine - their aoe dps is an issue, but what you're talking about is a good player running with shitters and outshining them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Problem with Tanks is that their ST is bad. Plus it's just a select few of them whose AoE is good enough to warrant a nerf.

I'm glad other people see this. I'm really confused as a protection warrior why I'm getting my damage nerfed. It already takes ages to kill normal quest mobs. Meanwhile fury dies to everything. DH and DK are the only issue. Why can't they just nerf them?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post

Yup, a blanket nerf to all tanks is bad game design and just plane lazy. They need to tune the tanks who are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Yup, a blanket nerf to all tanks is bad game design and just plane lazy. They need to tune the tanks who are the problem.
    As I said, it's a blanket change because they don't want to commit to anything yet - there's too little data. They're waiting for the important data from Mythic+ and Raids and dealing with the overly high numbers some tanks put out at the expense of weaker tanks. Tuning will come (eventually).

Deleted
    Because Mythic+ optimal comps would have been 4 tanks + 1 heal and aoe like crazy :s

Tank dps was fucked up for years lol