Poll: Do you like the followers (missions) system?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them, really. Only needed for one section of the Class Hall questline, else, you can if you wish, forget it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it stays small like it currently is, I like it.

Focus on getting followers with highest possible success rate chances. Easy artifact power and upgrades for followers. I visit the Order Hall once, maybe twice, per day to manage followers.

Deleted
    I like the missions, I liked garrison missions too ignoring how rewarding they were and issues that caused. I think they have it about right with the mission lengths now, two times a day tops having to look at them and send them off but I also think only being able to send 5 followers is a bit weak. If you only have to look at it once or twice a day theirs not really a reason it can't go back to the 25 follower system that takes 2-5 mins to send off (especially now you can do it on the phone)

10+ Year Old Account
    They're there to milk the design and dev effort put into the underlying tech in WoD. They serve no real purpose aside from that and some things are poorly thought out (I just got two new followers after a quest in my class campaign... and immediately had to deactivate one since they were my 5th and 6th follower... AND I have to pay 250 to reactivate each one. What???)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You do. You have to do them to progress your class quests. And even so, it's no excuse for lazy and bad design.

That attitude really needs to go. No one can honestly say the scouting map is a well designed gameplay element. It's an excuse to gate content, force people into their order halls and warrant the release of another app.
    Well, after the optional class quests are done, you don't really need to do missions.

Also, I would like to thank you for letting me know that the missions are bad design, and has to go. Thank you for letting me know what my opinion in the matter is. I must've been confused, since I thought I liked missions in the class hall. My bad. Thanks again.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I honestly don't understand why follower missions are still in the game. In WoD they were a big thing and important to progress, so you needed to do them. But most people hated them and it was too much.

But now in Legion, they're so trivial that you don't need to do them anymore, except for the special quest ones. So why still bother with them? The gold rewards are piss poor and the artifact power isn't that much either. So if there's so little reason to do them, why put them in the game at all? For what reason? It adds nothing.

the problem is for as many complaints there were about them people still did them all the fucking time. They justified it by using add-ons to make it easier but they still did them, probably everyday. So which is Blizz going to judge em on, the few thousand complaints or the fact that hundreds of thousands of players did them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The thing is, follower systems are fun to do. The popularity they've enjoyed in tons of other MMOs can attest to that. The problem was that WoD did the system horribly wrong, putting a huge amount of focus on follower missions and making the entire thing an endless chore when combined with the rest of the garrison.

It's cool to have a little facebook minigame on the side, and a way to feel like you're making some progress even when offline. I think they've handled the system very well in Legion, designing it in a way that doesn't detract from (and in fact stimulates) core gameplay and interaction with the rest of the world, isn't a hassle to deal with, and yet still offers the kind of enjoyment that these systems can provide.

Unfortunately WoD just poisoned the well so badly that a ton of players are completely sour on the idea.
    Those of you who keep flinging the word facebook around do understand these types of games existed many, many, many years before Facebook was ever launched right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You do. You have to do them to progress your class quests. And even so, it's no excuse for lazy and bad design.

That attitude really needs to go. No one can honestly say the scouting map is a well designed gameplay element. It's an excuse to gate content, force people into their order halls and warrant the release of another app.
    Blizzard doesn't need an excuse to time gate content because Wow is a mmo and this is how they work. The problem isn't Wow it is that this genre isn't for you.

Oh look, this thread again

I see missions as a bonus. Some of them offer some pretty decent rewards.

The only thing I don't like is when they gate things behind it, like the campaign-related missions or for things like the fox mount. It just feels like a cheap way to draw the "content" out.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    This expansion has been horrendous with time gating, Its a lazy way of drawing out content. I don't care if its always there, its most apparent to me here. I really don't like the concept that I can't have the fun I want to have because some people can only play 3 hours a week. I have come to terms that if people are more devoted than me, they should be ahead of me. It should be a game that you can enjoy at your own pace and not at a given one. Its especially apparent in this expansion. Time gates are a way of sucking money out of your wallet, would be fine if it wasn't a subscription game, people seem to forget that part when talking about this.
    What the fuck does the business model of Wow have ANYTHING to do with gated content? Seriously you people just need to stop giving Blizzard money. They are never going to change how they do business or design Wow as long as they are rewarded for how they continue to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They're there to milk the design and dev effort put into the underlying tech in WoD. They serve no real purpose aside from that and some things are poorly thought out (I just got two new followers after a quest in my class campaign... and immediately had to deactivate one since they were my 5th and 6th follower... AND I have to pay 250 to reactivate each one. What???)
    So iterating on a game design concept is "milking design"? Yeah ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well artifact power #1, #2 you can get quests that send you to dungeons for gear and #3 cause it's nice to have more progression systems to keep you occupied?

It's like why have artifact weapons, why have zones, why have anything.

It's a system that provides extra rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    Idd .. it's hard to top garrison level of "shittness".

But still, I don't really get it ..
    seems fitting to me that IDD should stand for "I do declare" (with a US southern accent)

Deleted
    I think; rather than sending the champions on missions, they should start a quest chain and you do it with them, similar to a guardian. Once the quest chain is done they offer world quest which are done together too.
    Don't give them any ideas.... I need to spend enough time in this game as it is, i don't need more time wasting quests... I loved the wod garisson, just a quick log and done.. shame it is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because all the casual losers who can't raid higher than LFR wanted solo "content". And Blizzard listens to them. Enjoy!
    failed argument, im afraid. blaming casuals is bullshit & youre just jumping on a bandwagon that left a very long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because all the casual losers who can't raid higher than LFR wanted solo "content". And Blizzard listens to them. Enjoy!
    Some day all those "casual losers" will get so sick of the never-ending stream of invective from the "hardcore" crowd and just quit the game. Then WoW will shut down and you can enjoy being a tough guy without an MMO to play.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I honestly don't understand why follower missions are still in the game. In WoD they were a big thing and important to progress, so you needed to do them. But most people hated them and it was too much.

But now in Legion, they're so trivial that you don't need to do them anymore, except for the special quest ones. So why still bother with them? The gold rewards are piss poor and the artifact power isn't that much either. So if there's so little reason to do them, why put them in the game at all? For what reason? It adds nothing.
    Because they spent 3 years making the tech to do it, they aren't going to throw it away.

I think; rather than sending the champions on missions, they should start a quest chain and you do it with them, similar to a guardian. Once the quest chain is done they offer world quest which are done together too.
    This is what I expected when everyone on alpha and blizzard themselves kept saying that "mission tables send you out in the world to do quests on your own". The only examples of this I've seen are the zone starter quests and dungeon specific ones. A total of 6 so far in 3 weeks while every other one has been exactly like WoD garrisons in sending your missions out for gold or leveling up your followers or gearing up your artifact.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Follower missions are fun now IMO.

The two are barely even comparable. Quit complaining about things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Follower missions are fun now IMO.
    How is it fun to click three buttons?