Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    And good luck keeping in the mood when you have to specifically ask permission before every act.

A lot of women actually do not find that attractive.

"Can I kiss you?"
    "Can I touch your breast?"
    "Can I kiss you some more ?"
    "Can I take your clothes off?"
    These ones, actually a lot of women do find pretty sexy, if you say it with the right tone of voice. I'd suggest "may" instead of "can", but you're on the right track here.

If you can't whisper softly in a woman's ear, asking her if she wants to feel you inside her, and make it hot, then you're doing sex and foreplay so very wrong. Asking for consent isn't robotic if you do it right, it makes the entire thing way more hot, building the anticipation, the excitement. If you can't make it hot, you need to rethink whether you're ready for sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    These ones, actually a lot of women do find pretty sexy, if you say it with the right tone of voice. I'd suggest "may" instead of "can", but you're on the right track here.

If you can't whisper softly in a woman's ear, asking her if she wants to feel you inside her, and make it hot, then you're doing sex and foreplay so very wrong. Asking for consent isn't robotic if you do it right, it makes the entire thing way more hot, building the anticipation, the excitement. If you can't make it hot, you need to rethink whether you're ready for sex.

So all women like the same thing. Got it. You heard it here men. You must verbally ask before you do any action.

But be careful in Canada. According to what Endus posted, if you are in a position of power over her (like being physically larger) her yes is not actually consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    But be careful in Canada. According to what Endus posted, if you are in a position of power over her (like being physically larger) her yes is not actually consent.
    That's not what "position of power" means. And you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Sorry but putting it on men to ask permission is total BS and assumes men can't be rape victims. If a woman doesn't say no that's on them.
    Almost all rapists are men. Of course the onus is on them. Cmon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    citation needed, and if the statistics don't count rape by envelopment they are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This basically does not happen. I've never heard of a case like that going to court.
    Once again, as I said earlier. This is not about real cases, this is about the ridiculous definition of consent that is being pushed by feminists.

I'm not playing the semantics game with you. Consent is defined under legal codes. Pick a jurisdiction.

Canadian law, for instance, defines it here; http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...4.html#docCont
    So here we go:

(2) No consent is obtained, for the purposes of sections 271, 272 and 273, where

(a) the agreement is expressed by the words or conduct of a person other than the complainant;

(b) the complainant is incapable of consenting to the activity;

(c) the accused induces the complainant to engage in the activity by abusing a position of trust, power or authority;

(d) the complainant expresses, by words or conduct, a lack of agreement to engage in the activity; or

(e) the complainant, having consented to engage in sexual activity, expresses, by words or conduct, a lack of agreement to continue to engage in the activity.

So basically, if the 'complainant', who would be the person who is 'raped' if such a rape is alleged, is incapable of giving consent, induced by somebody to have sex (induce - to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to some action or state of mind), expresses a lack of agreement to have sex through either words or conduct or later expresses such lack of agreement during the activity.

So first things first. What qualifies as being 'incapable of giving consent' which I assume refers to consent given 'by words or conduct'. If somebody is drunk but still physically capable of what would be qualified as giving consent? Is that still rape? If so, how drunk do they have to be? Do they have to have zero alcohol in their system in order to be capable of giving consent? Does the person's drunkenness have to be known to the alleged 'rapist' in order for the rapist to be convicted of rape, or is the alleged 'rapist' out of luck if the 'complainant' gives consent but had a shot of beer a couple hours earlier? Where do we draw the line here and what does it mean to be 'incapable of giving consent'? What if both parties involved are drunk and/or therefore unable to give consent for whatever reason?

Second, what qualifies as words or conduct that expresses consent? Once again, where do we draw the line and why? Demanding that we do not discuss the semantics here is basically demanding that we discuss nothing. You make accusations and complaints about what people say, you just outright say people are wrong or false, and whenever somebody demands you give reasoning for your words you complain and tell them you don't need to and that it is just up to the jury or is in the law somewhere or something.

Ask a jury. That's their role; to decide whether the testimony by the victim is sufficient, and the testimony of the accused is lacking enough, to make them certain of his guilt to the standard of evidence required.

There is no objective measure of this, because if there were we wouldn't need courts. We'd just tally up the facts, and that would either convict or not.
    So you're saying that it is a good thing that a man can be convicted of rape with the presence of absolutely no evidence outside of a rape accusation?

Isn't that sexist? Also, why? Why is it on men? Even if most rapists are men, does that just mean that women can have sex with men without consent?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-09-19 at 02:50 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    citation needed, and if the statistics don't count rape by envelopment they are crap.
    WHO: 1 in 3 women experience physical or sexual violence

Do you have a legitimate source on that? Also, what counts as physical or sexual violence? If a 4 year old kicks some lady in the shin, does that lump her into this statistic?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Isn't that sexist? Also, why? Why is it on men? Even if most rapists are men, does that just mean that women can have sex with men without consent?
    The truth can't be sexist. Women need consent just like males do.Difference is that men are in a position of power. Think about it, is an average woman going to overpower an average man? Nope.

ummmm how does that translate to the "almost all rapists are men" and if we are counting physical violence then the male stat is going to be high compared to 1 in 3

That's not what "position of power" means. And you know it.
    That is what you want it to mean. And you know it

The truth can't be sexist. Women need consent just like males do.Difference is that men are in a position of power. Think about it, is an average woman going to overpower an average man? Nope.
    no but women are perfectly capable of using weapons or the threat of proxy violence to make a man have sex with them.

Okay, prove you're not about to rape everyone in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a legitimate source on that? Also, what counts as physical or sexual violence? If a 4 year old kicks some lady in the shin, does that lump her into this statistic?
    It's the world health organization. Literally the best source on the planet.
    Think about it this way, imagine you had 3 sisters...would you be happy to live in a world where 1 of them is a victim of sexual violence?

Ok, so averages exonerate all women of the necessity to consent then?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been around plenty of Women in my life who when we are drunk have no problem just grabbing my junk as a sign she wants to fuck regardless of if I wanted to or not. Ever experienced a Woman after you turn her down for sex, they are complete assholes about it.

Yet if me as a guy slid a finger in as precursor to sex that would get me labelled a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    no but women are perfectly capable of using weapons or the threat of proxy violence to make a man have sex with them.
    Add in the mental abuse, and the fact that it is 1000 times harder for a man to accept that he is being abused by a woman.
    And even if he admits that - he has a very big chance of not being taken seriously.

Think about it this way, imagine you had 3 sisters...would you be happy to live in a world where 1 of them is a victim of sexual violence?
    Ok, do you have a legitimate source on that? Like with a link?

I know many people who are female, and nowhere near a third of them have been a victim of sexual violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so averages exonerate all women of the necessity to consent then?
    Women need consent. Of course is the average woman going to overpower you and take you by force? Nope.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it this way, imagine you had 3 brothers...would you be happy to live in a world where 1 of them is falsely accused of sexual violence?