Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I don't really think we'll ever be fighting Sargeras himself, he is probably going to be killed off by the Void Lords. But if we do then he's just going to be another titan-like boss fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Aren't Void Lords unable to manifest in our universe proper..

Isn't that the entire point of Old Gods in the first place.
    It's difficult but not impossible. We killed a Void Lord once.

My bet is either Queen Azshara, or something Void related as the end boss to the expansion that will forward us into the next.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It's difficult but not impossible. We killed a Void Lord once.
    That wasn't an actual all powerful Void Lord was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    That wasn't an actual all powerful Void Lord was it.
    No, it wasn't. The term "Void Lord" is very confusing, because it refers to more than one thing. The actual, all-powerful Void Lords have no physical presence at any point in the game. As far as we're aware there's not even concept art for them.

For my money, fighting Sargeras would basically be an expansion unto itself, in which we travel across the different parts of him to destroy them as we go. I don't think this will happen, it's just how I'd see a fight against his Titan self. Otherwise we'll just use some crazy magic, or a Void Lord will do him in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    It'll either be

Mal'ganis - Being a Lord of the Dreadlords and also managed to survive against the strongest weapon in existence. Mal'ganis should be consider one of the strongest being in the WoW Lore. I can see him as a final boss for Legion.

Or

Jaina - another possible choice. She can go crazy and start serving the Legion, getting a powerup in the process and becoming one of the strongest beings in the Lore with this boost in power.

Or

Undead Varian - Gul'dan could use some ancient powerful necromancy on his corpse, turning him into a fel empowered undead and becoming one of the strongest being in the universe.

Or

Kel'thuzard - While the Legion and forces of Azeroth are warring with each other. Kel'thuzard could be raising a army of his own from the dead and then destroying both the Legion and Alliance/Horde forces and only our raid party heros has a chance to stop him.

Or

Hakkar - His servants could use this Legion invasion to their advantage. Casting a ancient ritual to resurrect the great soulflayer to wreck havoc upon the world.
    Most likely something along the lines of corrupted Illidan. I'd love to see a Mythic only encounter for the FINAL boss, which would be an Avatar of Sargeras, Illidian would be a large part of the fight trying to help you defeat him. But chances are it's just going to be Illidan AS the Avatar of Sargeras. Who knows though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    My bet is either Queen Azshara, or something Void related as the end boss to the expansion that will forward us into the next.
    I'd personally like to see the next expansion based around Queen Azshara, I think she's a strong enough character to warrant it

Here are my thoughts on how the story will unfold, and I mostly base this off past Blizzard expansion storytelling.

The past two expansions have delivered finales that have deviated from the foundation of said expansion. Mists of Pandaria started off with us fighting hectic battles against the Mogu and Sha in Pandaria, but it ended with us facing off against the Kor'kron and Garrosh in Orgrimmar. Warlords of Draenor had us pitted against the Warlords in Draenor, but after the initial chapter, we were left facing off the Legion in the end.

I expect that with Legion, we will reach a similar conclusion. After Tomb of Sargeras is sealed, we will be treated to a nifty plot twist. We'll find out that Turalyon's Plea wasn't about a war between the Army of Light and the Burning Legion, but rather a three-way war between the Army of Light, The Burning Legion, and the Void Lords, with one army looking to destroy all worlds (Legion), one looking to corrupt all worlds (Void), and one looking to save them all (AoL). The new threat will be introduced to us in-game (though we know about the Void Lords via the book). Anyway, going back to the other 2 expansions. Looking at both the other expansions, we had a looming story thread that was left to us that started from the beginning that were breadcrumbs towards the end game of the expansion. With MoP, we saw Garrosh and the issues he was bringing forward. In WoD, we saw the Gul'dan/Khadgar storyline that remained in the background until the final chapter. Looking at clues left to us throughout Legion, I think I've personally arrived at who I believe will be the final boss of the expansion.

QUEEN AZSHARA

She has ties to both the Legion and the Void Lords (via Old Gods). There is no better representative to introduce the Void Lords to us in a Legion expansion than her. There is no better segue character than her. She already has had plenty mention this expansion. (Suramar, Azsuna) She would play a similar role that Gul'dan would, but with the Void Lords. Not to mention that she has history with some of the key characters of this expansion. Illidan, Tyrande in particular. Thus, we can introduce another story thread in the Army of Light with Illidan at the helm. And we can prepare for our next fight against the Void Lords and Burning Legion in our three-way war.

Deleted
    I suspect we won't end up destroying the legion just bringing them to heel and showing sargeras another way to deal with the void Lords than simply making the universe unappealing to them..

The void Lords that sargeras is scared of are being of such immense power that to merely keep them in our "reality" requires multiple planets of energy each day. I suspect that will basicly equal them feeding off our titan soul to stay in our reality, we fight them off long enough for out uncorrupted titan soul to be born and save everyone. It is supposedly far more powerful than any titan that has ever existed so it may be strong enough to fight void Lords and not just summon them

- - - Updated - - -

Ive also developed this theory that we are immortal because we are direct creations of the azeroth titan soul and our abilities and achievements are just a small defensive mechanism the titan soul developed when it was born - the fact we can kill such powerful beings is just testament to its power. But thats just a theory

7+ Year Old Account
    What if Sarg is the final boss and the entire final raid will be us scaling his body like we did with death wing, we seem to be 'Climbing' into the emerald Nightmare so it could be a theme. But personally i am hoping it is Azshara, the Next Expansion HAS to be ARGUS it is like the Pen ultimate expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    What if Sarg is the final boss and the entire final raid will be us scaling his body like we did with death wing, we seem to be 'Climbing' into the emerald Nightmare so it could be a theme. But personally i am hoping it is Azshara, the Next Expansion HAS to be ARGUS it is like the Pen ultimate expansion.
    Were going to need a very fast flying mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    lol no, they know what happened after the years of orcception, they are not gonna do the same with the legion.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    My money is on the Avatar of Sargeras, because Kil'jaeden is more likely to be a second to last boss after Archimonde was basically the final one of WoD, blizzard -wont- do another Eredar final boss guys.

Chances are, my honest bet here: Illidan will be corrupted, we will have to beat him back to normality, and he will essentially be redeemed, Kil'jaeden will probably be responsible for it, but afterwards, Illidan will go murder-mode and vengance his ass into oblivion, permanently.

Which will be the big plot shift, with Illidan being able to permakill demons. He will also in essence be Sargeras Reborn because of this, albiet, on his own terms, not on the Dark Titans.

We already know -where- that portal in the Tomb leads if you did Warlock storylines plus nearly -everyone- knows the countless references to it so its obvious what the -next- expansion is already going to be.
    It's hilarious that you even think that.

For all Kil'jaedens build up since the birth of the Warcraft franchis. The only thing his death can be is a finale.

We revive Ilidan. He opens a portal to Argus. We go Argus and deal with Kil'Jaeden as final boss in final raid. At the same time, Sargeras finally reaches his destination, which is Azeroth. As he prepares to approach and cut the planet in half, Azeroth - now under the major influence of N'zoth - wakes up. The Corrupted Titan kills the 'The Lord of the Burning Legion'. We start the next expansion on Argus. Realizing that: The Corrupted Titan is a bigger threat even than the Burning Legion. We try to rebuild, find new allies (Eredar), new artifacts etc. Meanwhile, High King Anduin and some others escaped the planet at the last minute and they're on Exodar, traveling, trying to find Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachiel View Post
    We revive Ilidan. He opens a portal to Argus. We go Argus and deal with Kil'Jaeden as final boss in final raid. At the same time, Sargeras finally reaches his destination, which is Azeroth. As he prepares to approach and cut the planet in half, Azeroth - now under the major influence of N'zoth - wakes up. The Corrupted Titan kills the 'The Lord of the Burning Legion'. We start the next expansion on Argus. Realizing that: The Corrupted Titan is a bigger threat even than the Burning Legion. We try to rebuild, find new allies (Eredar), new artifacts etc. Meanwhile, High King Anduin and some others escaped the planet at the last minute and they're on Exodar, traveling, trying to find Argus.
    Argus is likely the final destination for 2 reasons as Finale raid or next expansion

The Story of the Demon Hunters and Illidan's Final task to them emphasised the Sargerite Keystone. Which would give them acess to Argus. Which is recovered in Legion

Illidans Ultimate Nemesis is Kil'jaeden and the whole army of the light nonsense is coming full circle.

and as an extra 3rd. Argus is in the Nether or a Legion Controlled world. AKA a place where demons killed are destroyed. As Per Illidans original goal.

Gul'dan's soul in Illidan's body.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion: Either Queen Ashara, KJ (With archi last one, blizz may avoid this though), or Guldan in Illidans body.
    My reasoning, in the DH prelude illidan tells you about how your soul, his soul both are immortal demon souls. If killed you just have to make you way back to your body. Illidan couldnt because he was imprisoned. In Black Rook Hold, the first boss is made when Guldan seperates Illys body and soul from one another. So the legion clearly has a plan for his body. Looking back to WC3, when Illy aborsbed the powers of the main stories Guldan from the skull.

Guldan awaits his destiny on top of the Surumar raid it says. IMO, we kill him. His soul makes its way back from the nether and into the lifeless waiting shell of Illy.

I hope for this because i am a huge fan of reacurring villians. People the character has a history of fighting. Guldan is the perfect wow villian to date imo.

As for the next expansion. Should be Argus. The light that fell from the sky / naru spoke of a army of light on Argus fighting the legion (and they are on their last legs). We will go and support them using the Saragate keystone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLawlbringer View Post
    Gul'dan's soul in Illidan's body.
    Didnt Xe'ra said that Illidan is the chosen one? the one who end all demons?

I think Illidan will help us kill Sargeras already, and end the Legion expansions.

[QUOTE=Woobels;42381921]Aren't Void Lords unable to manifest in our universe proper..

Isn't that the entire point of Old Gods in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but remember the blood of azeroth is very powerful and with the pillars together maybe N zoth can summon the weakest of the void lord group(like the last in command) because in some point blizzard need to introduce them as a menace that needs to be deal(also sargeras only fear that one of the corrupt a titan soul so they power will increase a lot but for now he is the more powerful being in the warcraft universe)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Well in that case this would only be true for the 5-8% of the player base that actually did this, however for the rest of us that never happened
    I am sorry, but that's really silly. Deny them all you want, but they happened.

Case in point: Shaman's Elemental Artifact.
    Another: The Shaman Champion aids in appointing a new Fire Elemental Lord because Ragnaros is dead in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll chip in here. I think all of this taking the fight to Argus, ending the big bad Sargeras is false flagging for the real big bad of this expansion. I suspect we will see some form of the Avatar of Sargeras (quest lore hints at Illidan), I also strongly believe Kil'jaiden will be the "final boss of Legion." However, I think the twist will be at the end of the fight, in the cutscene or possible a second stage in Mythic. Either Nzoth, Azshara or both will appear and use the opportunity of everyone having their guard down to corrupt the pillars of eternity and create a portal for the Void Lords to enter our dimension. I think Azshara will be playing a big role in Legion or in the following expansion. There are hints of that all over the Azuna campaign and then there's the quote from King Deepbeard: You haven't won. She is almost here... At this point the army of light will appear to bulwark Azeroth from the Void Lords. It would be interesting for this expansion to lead to an unease truce with the Burning Legion in order to stop an even greater threat.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.