Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    With the tiny difference that American Football is a extremely well paid and a high status profession in the real world.
    this is exactly my point that everyone glosses over, since you cant have this thread without glossing over that point

people think

oh theyre doing something on video games

it must be worth objectively less than curing cancer

but the fact is, you dont get to judge them based on how they spend their time

youre an asshole if you do

but hey, hypocrisy is great, have fun telling the world that people are having fun in a way you deem unacceptable

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    but the fact is, you dont get to judge them based on how they spend their time

youre an asshole if you do

but hey, hypocrisy is great, have fun telling the world that people are having fun in a way you deem unacceptable
    I just judge them if they think they are really special and make foolish statement putting their hobby on par with real sports thinking they are freaking Usain Bolt or Tom Brady.

You're delusional if you do that.

I just judge them if they think they are really special and make foolish statement putting their hobby on par with real sports thinking they are freaking Usain Bolt or Tom Brady.

You're delusional if you do that.
    mocking someone because they think theyre doing a good job, but you dont think theyre doing a good job.

pretty cool.

World first races? there is no competition anymore, world first races haven't been a thing in like.. years... 2-3 guilds competing for world firsts isn't a race. Wake me up when there are 20+ guilds competing for world firsts at the same stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    world first races haven't been a thing in like.. years.
    wrong

2-3 guilds competing for world firsts isn't a race.
    yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wrong

yes it is
    no one would watch the olympics if only 3 people were in each category

this is probably why no one watches wows world first

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wrong

yes it is
    A race is something with multiple competitors, not the 2-3 same guilds every single time new content comes out.. that isn't a race, sorry if your fanboy/girlism is triggered.

multiple competitors, not the 2-3 same guilds
    2-3 = multiple

P.S. sorry if you are triggered for me pointing out how wrong you are

Deleted
    I believe in scrubbusters
    Old sunstrider players represent

But i doubt it tbh smh

Deleted

In most categories in the olympics there's 2 or 3 people who actually have a decent shot at winning gold.

100m is still a race even though its pretty certain Usain Bolt is taking the gold.

With the tiny difference that American Football is a extremely well paid and a high status profession in the real world.
    yeah cos serenity players totally dont get paid well for example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi - I was always a big fan of watching the world first raid race. I haven't payed much attention to world first scene past HFC so wanted to get an opinion of what you think will happen, who will be up there in top#5?

Besides Serenity - are there any other contenders? Does anyone knows where ex-Paragon people went? Anything on the US side of things?
    Sejta and Fragi, two of the core members of Paragon who lead the guild forward, are not focusing on Overwatch, they play for Ninjas in Pyjamas.

Deleted
    Small real world than...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi - I was always a big fan of watching the world first raid race. I haven't payed much attention to world first scene past HFC so wanted to get an opinion of what you think will happen, who will be up there in top#5?

Besides Serenity - are there any other contenders? Does anyone knows where ex-Paragon people went? Anything on the US side of things?
    I listed a number of guilds on the on the 3rd page which are contenders. I don't think Serenity will be simply be alone on the throne. With regard to the US side.. LimiT proved that they have the skill to get it done. Having existed for less than 3mo at that point, they claimed US first World 7th M:Archi. That is not a small feat, and I think it is a portent of things to come. Right next to them, believe it or not.. has to be Midwinter. People count them out after what happened in HFC. They were doing phenomenally, but shit went sideways MID PROGRESSION and they took the hit hard. I have talked with a few of them over the past 7mo. They have been recruiting hard, and more importantly, have been recruiting WITH THE RACE IN MIND. My impression is that they got a taste of the world race, and want more. To count them out this soon would be folly, imo. WWA, for whatever they have going on, continue to keep great roster. While a number of US guilds have been having to reform, recruit, or whatnot.. They haven't seemed to have the same turnover (I could be wrong on this).. their symmetry as a raid team will be either what carries them to the top, or keeps them where they are.

It looks like a number of EU guilds are going through the kind of sedition we saw from US guilds at the end of WotLK. Paragon dropping, The actual craziness of the Method/Serenity drama (which then involved Midwinter), Pwnanza renaming and reforming for legion. Exorsus spent a lot of time trying to recover from the ludicrous prep and progression time they were pushing in HFC, and it showed.. OC guild dramas. Etc, Etc. I think this first tier, while still will be interesting to watch, will see more of a "changing of the guard" in terms of who we see on page 1. I expect some of the mainstays to not lose it.. but some fresh faces are going to make the race more interesting than people give them credit for.

Just my impressions so far.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

If it was streamed there would be a lot of people watching it but sadly they all think everyone will steal their strats so they don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah cos serenity players totally dont get paid well for example
    Yeah they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Slootbag is bald
    This is uncalled for.

Serenity will win, as no one else that could have competed with them is putting in the time required. Paragon is done, and the only real NA threat, Limit, won't go super-hardcore. It is what it is. It's extremely difficult to compete for world firsts for multiple years in a row. The fact that leveling/gearing/(and now WQ&AP) on at least four characters means that from day one of the expansion you are putting in some serious work just to prepare for the raids. Once Mythic opens, then you're looking at 12-16 hour days for usually about two weeks straight. Then it's a matter of farming that raid for the next X months, gearing up your main, first alt and second alt, in preparation for the next tier. It's a brutal grind that is both very rewarding when you succeed, but also extremely disheartening when you come up short. It's a very difficult schedule, and for many raiders that get older, get new jobs, etc., it just becomes a lifestyle that isn't sustainable any more.

I will say though, that the thrill and satisfaction of killing a boss you've been working on for a long time is an amazing feeling. It's euphoric in a therapeutic way.

Also, to those who think world first raiders actually make decent money. Lol, no. Not even remotely close. In our heyday of sales, which we could run 6-7 sales runs/week, I was lucky if I was making an extra $100-$150/week. That comes out to a little over $600/month. Most of the time outside of progress it was an extra $30-$50/week that required attending extra raids (keep in mind these are raids where you receive no gear and are herding blind cats through the raid). It was just extra "fun" money we called it. It's certainly nowhere near a livable wage.

how much of Serenitys (aka most of the previous Method) current raiders have been raiding since vanilla/BC ?