Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Why some people can't be happy for their party members when they get legendary item

as soon as they see it drop first thing you see is: "can you give that to me? , can you trade it with me", am raider and i need it more than casual player....... and it goes on and on

Entitlement

/thread.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system.

The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort.

Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss!

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.

Why would I feel happy for some unknown player I never meet again? At best I feel indifferent, most likely I feel envy. But happy? Err, why?

Deleted
    Yeah, that guy who did 500 heroic dungeons and didn't get a legendary sure as hell shouldn't feel like he deserves it more than someone who runs 3 heroics a week right?

the real question is why did you care?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'm happy for friends if they get a legendary, but a random in a pug? Don't care at all :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    Yeah, that guy who did 500 heroic dungeons and didn't get a legendary sure as hell shouldn't feel like he deserves it more than someone who runs 3 heroics a week right?
    why he deserve it? Cuz he has no need to go work and can be home all the day playing it's hobby?
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    Entitlement

/thread.
    Basically this. What you see above are people that think mindlessly spamming their AoE buttons in dungeons over and over make them "more deserving" than other players when it comes to legendary drops.

If someone in my group of randoms gets a legendary? Good for him/her. RNG is RNG and we'll all be rolling in the damn things by the end of the expansion, so who cares if someone else gets it first? Unless you're literally in a top 100 guild, the legendary drops aren't going to be what makes or breaks your guild's progress on bosses, and it still won't for those players either outside of trying to rank higher with that tiny little bit of DPS that one or two legendaries is going to add to their raid.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there
    Also this. Just because another player doesn't invest as much time doesn't mean they don't deserve a reward for doing the same content as you; you have no idea what that other player is doing in their time!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    why he deserve it? Cuz he has no need to go work and can be home all the day playing it's hobby?

See what I did there
    And the guy who only did 3 Heroic Raids automatically has a job? What? Stop with that stupid strawman argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    He deserve it more becuase he PLAY MORE and by default that means he PUT MORE EFFORT into the game.

Rewards should be rewarded to those with MOST effort and not the one with most luck.

Deleted
    You can't be serious lmao.

"I play way easier content and play less in general, yet I should have the same chance for the best gear in the game"

See what I did there

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to get rid of all gear related loot drops. The artifact weapon mechanic was a good first step but it needs to be applied to ALL gear. The game has always had too much drama over loot. Getting rid of all gear drops will go a long way to making a much less toxic community.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    He deserve it more becuase he PLAY MORE and by default that means he PUT MORE EFFORT into the game.

Rewards should be rewarded to those with MOST effort and not the one with most luck.
    Too bad Blizzard feels the game needs to be one giant lottery instead of giving people meaningful goals to work towards.

Deleted
    You can't be serious lmao.

"I play way easier content and play less in general, yet I should have the same chance for the best gear in the game"

See what I did there
    What are you even talking about? What easier content? Spamming heroics is like really hard right?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

no he don't deserve anything, wow isn't a job but an hobby.

i'm sincerely happy to see all those who use this dumb "effort vs reward" motto being fucked hard by blizz. More tear pls
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-09-19 at 01:30 PM.

It's random loot going to a random winner, there are no deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's random loot going to a random winner, there are no deserves.
    I think the game should embrace this more.

Instead of coordinating to kill a boss, everybody just clicks their Decahedral Dwarven Dice and if the raid rolls properly the boss just falls over. If not, they wipe.

Deleted
    What are you even talking about? What easier content? Spamming heroics is like really hard right?
    Was talking about your overall argument that players who have less time playing (don't want to use "Casual") should get the same loot. Of course they shouldn't.
    Also nice strawman.
    "Hurr durr stupid neckbeards nolifing getting better gear than me reeeee"