Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I tend to agree, especially since they basically cast the humans out for being the runts and unworthy. Why would they then side with them?

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Nightborne

This is what I'd like to see.
    Yes because what the game clearly needs, where both varieties of Elf are among the most popular choices in the game...in the wake of an expansion that added a class restricted to elves only...is one new race of Elves and one outright theft of an existing Horde race for Alliance players who don't want to play with the savages but like the pretty white skinned elves.

Everyone in fact should reroll Elf.

Even the Legion, all the Demons should be swapped out with different kinds of Fel Elves.

As to the question at hand, I believe the only two races they haven't added that at some point in the past they said they would like to are Naga and Ogres. Those are my dream races for the next expansion. And let's be frank, next expansion is going to be a new race(s) because it's been so long since we added a new one and they aren't going to add a new class so soon after Demon Hunters.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-09-19 at 12:19 PM.

I'd only accept Vrykul as some sort of sub-race tbh. They're basically taller and beefier humans. There are other, more distinguishable races that could be added instead, like high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    You know what was shitty, that they put Forsaken and Blood Elfs in the Horde faction what totally made no sense over Ogres and Forest Trolls.
    Forest Trolls abandoned the Horde and retreated into their forests following the Horde's defeat in the second war. From a gameplay perspective, the Horde had Jungle trolls to take their place...why add a second race that would be a duplicate? Even had they kept forest trolls they just wouldn't have added Jungle Trolls. This objection is irrelevant.

As for why they didn't add Ogres, I suspect that was caused by the Tauren. Blizzard probably didn't want two huge Horde races at the same time.

As to why they added Undead to the Horde..Blizzard wanted the Undead to be playable in WoW, which was why they were seeded in WC3 but this was before they came up with the faction system. In the earliest builds of WoW Humans could group with Orcs after all. Likely the Forsaken would have been a race you could pick if you wanted to be a zombie but you'd have accepted everyone hated you outside of the Undercity.

Once the faction system was implemented, they knew they had to give the Forsaken a home and it had to be the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I honestly think the people wanting Ogres are the minority, since majority of players play and prefer the "pretty" races, as is evident in the race statistics.

Personally, I want subraces, rather than a new race for both factions.
    If you always chose what the majority wanted, this game would literally be nothing but elves, undead and Humans.

Sometimes it is worth it to give a minority what they want, especially when the majority has been catered for.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The horde is 40% blood elf players. People want sexy races not another ugly brute race on the Horde. It won't work with today's insecure playerbase
    It has nothing to do with being insecure. It has everything to do with enjoying the aesthetic.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    You probably mean Val'kyr.
    Playable valkyr, that would be funny
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Why the fuck would anyone want ogres? That'd be an awful race, I highly doubt you'd see anyone playing them beyond the starting zone experience out of curiosity.
    i'd race and faction change my human warrior to ogre, and do 1 shot macro with yell " ME SMASH YOU DIE "

i still dont know why people have this "ugly" "awful" reason, i am playing the race, not having sex with it

I used to support ogres for Horde. Then WoD happened and I became as sick of ogres as I did of orcs.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Face it, ogres would be just as popular as female orcs. Vrykul I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    People wont play Ogres you say? Just make the females amazonian snu-snu warriors and everyone who isn't a blood elf would play them

Lets be honest here, Anyone who is currently playing a Blood-Elf is never going to play anything else, They choose the pretty race in the savage mud-hut faction, Their lust for vanity is unshakeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Speak for yourself. I have two blood elf characters. I also have two worgen, two tauren, a goblin, a gnome, a dwarf, a troll, a night elf, a human, and a pandaren (which I regret, because the character has never grown on me). Yeah, I have a lot of alts. Point being, people play races for a variety of reasons. You might be surprised by how many people would roll an Ogre character.
    I've got a Blood Elf Paladin, they were the only option for horde at the time and make more lore sense than Tauren anyway.
    Blood Elf Mage, again because Elf's are lore masters of Arcane more than the rest of the horde.
    Had a Blood Elf Ranger, aka. Hunter.

But then....

Orc Warlock —> the original Warlocks
    Orc Warrior —> the most badass warriors
    Orc Shaman —> the original shamans
    Tauren Druid
    Panda Monk

I've also had Goblin shamans and rogues...Trolls and Undead are the only one's I don't play for visual reasons. Don't like bones poking through armor (cause that makes sense) and don't like how silly the hunched over troll looks.

Fuck to the no on vrykuls being alliance. NO. new faction or don't make em. They could easely be horde if Sylvanas gets redeemed through legion and controls a part of the valkyr army and whatnot but that sounds super not likely. Vrykuls hate humans. Also horde getting ogres is a giant let down a minority fan favorite. I don't wanna get chubby useless race at all. Gimme something way better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    once you do the warrior order hall youll realize why vrykul cannot be a playable race

sorry its basically cemented in stone
    ... why? I have done the warrior order hall. What are you referring to that "cements in stone" their inability to be playable? Seriously wondering what you are referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Fuck to the no on vrykuls being alliance. NO. new faction or don't make em. They could easely be horde if Sylvanas gets redeemed through legion and controls a part of the valkyr army and whatnot but that sounds super not likely. Vrykuls hate humans. Also horde getting ogres is a giant let down a minority fan favorite. I don't wanna get chubby useless race at all. Gimme something way better.
    typical shit post

"gimmie something way better"

please enlighten us what your ideas are that are better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Necromancer
    Play an Unholy Dk and tell me we need a whole new class devoted to having undead minions.

Unholy has an abomination that tanks for him as a pet, a skeleton archer that does ranged dps, and a gargoyle or val'kyr as a dps cd, not to mention army of the dead.

Alternate flavor is of course demonology warlock, who summons felhunter hounds, with imps riding on them, and any of their plethora of various demons, with a cd to summon a second one, plus two different guardians.

Finally you have the beast mastery hunter, who, like unholy, has 2 pets at all times. summons a third pet temporarily on a short cd, and can summon a flock of crows, a spitting cobra, and a long cd for an entire stampede of beasts.

Tell me again how we need a class that summons hordes of minions, and that it has to be undead minions (see unholy above)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    I think it would be super cool to have Dryads (A) and Centaurs (H) as playable races. The only problem would be mounts... hmm. Obviously, they could have a "run speed" style mount like Worgen, but flying would be interesting, lol.
    Dryads are inherently female, with male counterparts being Keepers of the Grove (think Cenarious). You cant have them called dryads because that is only one of the genders. You cant have a male Dryad. I get what youre getting at but the concept needs to be flushed out more, otherwise, specifically with Centaurs, its a solid idea. There would certainly be an issue with flying though, as you've mentioned. Also armor.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It has nothing to do with being insecure. It has everything to do with enjoying the aesthetic.
    When only 1 of 7 possible races is aesthetically appealing to more than half the playerbase, Blizzard fucked up somewhere. The Alliance has more diversity amongst the races. Goblin and Panda are both less than 3% of Horde players. Tauren and Troll are at like.. 10% each, Orc and Undead usually drift around 15% each. That leaves 47% of the remaining players as BE. As in, there are -almost- as many Blood Elves as every other Horde race combined.

Realmpop.com isn't displaying Demon Hunters properly yet, but prior to DH BE were still like 30%-35% depending on server, and over 50% on RP realms. If the other races are so absolutely terrible to play as that BEs are the only race holding the Horde together Blizzard needs to reinvent these races stat - I think unhunched variants and better looking females would do wonders. If it weren't for Druid Tauren and Troll would be less than 5% of the playerbase as well.

A good-looking, lore-spoiled, humanoid race like the Vrykul would do wonders for the Horde.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-19 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ogres, yes plz give them alrdy!
    Cho'Gall was the closest to a HD model and he looked great so pretty sure if Ogre become playable they make them more strong looking instead of fat. Also Horde mages should be Ogres they are the iconic Horde mages.
    Yea that guy on the picture is not how Ogres actually look tho. Cho'gal looks the way he does because C'thun. And they are still dumb as a bag of hammers. This is also my biggest issue of the bunch. I can't buy into the whole "Lore" ogres have and find every attempt made to establish them as a powerful force laughable at best. Its one thing if they are ugly. Im Horde. Even with Bloodelves i still like ugly around enough. But if i wanted to play a dumb fat ogre running around in his underwear all day...

...i would just quit my job and eat fatty food. UP TOP.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

7+ Year Old Account
    about Ogres, yes please,these guys are around since war1, blizz already said they want ogres playable, for the hell if they are not sexy and they will not me popular, its justa another option

Ogres should be: Warrior, priest, hunter, shaman, warlock, mage, Death Knight, monk, and something new, paladins, like many of ogri'la, since ogres are priests and a very warrior race, make sense paladins, this opens another options for this class on the horde side and the race will not be to much irrelevant like goblins

Vrykuls are another decent choice, no matter how they society is right now, or if they are 'evill" like people, blizz can make work like they did with worgen, its not that hard, they are a good race and match well against the ogre in a lore warfare scenario, and did you look they model? its amazing even old dated

Vrykul should be: Death knight( obvously) Warrior, hunter, shaman, warlock, mage, monk, rogue adn priest ( no fucking way druids)

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    I dont understand the fascination with playing an Ogre. They look stupid and I would never touch one and find it hard to imagine one on mounts and stuff.
    this is personal taste... to me night elves look stupid and i never touched or will touch one too, and about mount, they have the same problem with tauren, so, no problem at all

When only 1 of 7 possible races is aesthetically appealing to more than half the playerbase, Blizzard fucked up somewhere. The Alliance has more diversity amongst the races. Goblin and Panda are both less than 3% of Horde players. Tauren and Troll are at like.. 10% each, Orc and Undead usually drift around 15% each. That leaves 47% of the remaining players as BE. As in, there are -almost- as many Blood Elves as every other Horde race combined.

Realmpop.com isn't displaying Demon Hunters properly yet, but prior to DH BE were still like 30%-35% depending on server, and over 50% on RP realms. If the other races are so absolutely terrible to play as that BEs are the only race holding the Horde together Blizzard needs to reinvent these races stat - I think unhunched variants and better looking females would do wonders. If it weren't for Druid Tauren and Troll would be less than 5% of the playerbase as well.

A good-looking, lore-spoiled, humanoid race like the Vrykul would do wonders for the Horde.
    The horde definitley needs a new race. The problem is while people like the ideals behind the horde they don't really like playing the faction of hunchbacks. Which is every male of every race on horde other than blood elf and goblin. And I don't like playing short races so blood elf it is.

If Orcs has straight backs like they're supposed to I'd play them. If we got vry'kul i'd switch in a heart beat.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I would have, yeah. I would tie ogre lore into the ogre-sages of Ogri'la as well, have an area of broken Outland be their starting zone and connect it with the remains of the MU Gorian Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    makes me want to quit if this happens
    Or you could just not play them and carry on with your sub lol idiot.

Deleted
    They put blood elves in the horde for balancing the factions. In vanilla the alliance was like 70% of all players and Horde was 30%. This was a huge problem, so Blizzard needed a Guinea Pig race on the Horde that appeals to the insecure players who need to look sexy in a pixelated world. So they made the sexiest race in the game on the Horde, and gave them the most popular class at the time - Paladin. The other popular class being hunter which they also have (and night ELF hunter was by far the most popular combo).

The Horde community was less but far better in vanilla, the kids where in the Alliance the adults in the Horde.
    Blood Elfs changed that idd, did not make the faction better tho.

Just see all the Blood Elfs not wanting to have Ogres in there faction even when Ogres are the race that is one of the oldest Horde members in the faction with crazy amounts of lore.

Nope they want girls with big boobs and guys with ... well if they dislike Orc bodies and like Blood Elfs i guess they want to have pretty boy weakling guys. What race? they dont care at all aslong as they have these things rest does not matter.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-09-19 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I would love a one-headed Ogre Male Mage...
    Would just think my smarter head would just argue with the dumber one, and if my Ogre is one-headed then he doesn't have to worry about another head on the same body.

Also too couldn't we do a thing in which Horde took some crystals with them and brought those to Dustwallow Marsh?
    Can honestly see the Marsh being used as a new location for the Horde Ogres, and having their old home re-newed etc...Or take over Wrymbog and rename it to something else and build more stuff with it...
    They could also start at Brackenwall and they could change the zone to fit a more lush area and have the Horde take it over.
    For the Horde!