10+ Year Old Account

Archaeology Dig Sites in Elite & FFA PvP Areas

This either has to be a joke or a complete oversight by Blizzard. They've managed to make the profession even more grueling with scaled zones, and now they've added digsites to areas meant for groups? I can't think of any reason this would be intentional other than to make Archaeology even more tedious for the sake of it. Has there been any word from a blue on a change for this?

Deleted
    Yeah said same thing when it was up in stormheim, at one point I had three dig sites up, one top of map in constant world pvp area, one near the nearby FP which has pvp world quest, one near bottom of map, pvp world quest.
    I picked RP Pve realm to avoid pvp, so why have dig sites in them. Really poor over sight

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Yeah said same thing when it was up in stormheim, at one point I had three dig sites up, one top of map in constant world pvp area, one near the nearby FP which has pvp world quest, one near bottom of map, pvp world quest.
    I picked RP Pve realm to avoid pvp, so why have dig sites in them. Really poor over sight
    pvp world quests on towers are irrelevant, such as the bottom of stormheim one. While they shouldn't spawn in FFA PVP arenas there's no reason to stop dig sites at the towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    pvp world quests on towers are irrelevant, such as the bottom of stormheim one. While they shouldn't spawn in FFA PVP arenas there's no reason to stop dig sites at the towers.
    Some people chose their server based on their play style, so I would say it's very relevant, that an RP Pve server has a pvp objective at the same location a pve objective is...especially since it's part of an arch quest

7+ Year Old Account
    i agree this is really frustrating. esp the elite areas. 'if you go here to do world quests, take other ppl with you, but good luck doing archaeology'

Temple of a Thousand Lights (elite area in southern Azsuna) is currently a Wardens world quest area, so should be easier to get a group for archaeology AND get Wardens reward.

I usually don't mind the elite areas (Prot Paladin) but that one in Aszuna with the elementals and ghost casters is especially nasty ><

Not to mention they take so long to kill that by the time you run between archaeology fragment sites they will be all back again!

Some people chose their server based on their play style, so I would say it's very relevant, that an RP Pve server has a pvp objective at the same location a pve objective is...especially since it's part of an arch quest
    It's a place only your same faction will go as long as WQ is up, with npcs around. The only reason it's a PVP objective is it gives you honor and gladiator's gear.

So as mentioned, it's irrelevant. Maybe go actually look at what you're talking about.

There is a risk that if you go during WQ down time it may be an opposite faction WQ - but it's fairly low and you can just check it next WQ refresh etc.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    It's a place only your same faction will go as long as WQ is up, with npcs around. The only reason it's a PVP objective is it gives you honor and gladiator's gear.

So as mentioned, it's irrelevant. Maybe go actually look at what you're talking about.

There is a risk that if you go during WQ down time it may be an opposite faction WQ - but it's fairly low and you can just check it next WQ refresh etc.
    Same faction? That would explain why the undead guards attacked me trying to dig, pvp WQ and dig sites should be seperate, regardless of what you think
    What's irrelevant to you, is relevant to others, so get off your high horse

Same faction? That would explain why the undead guards attacked me trying to dig, pvp WQ and dig sites should be seperate, regardless of what you think
    What's irrelevant to you, is relevant to others, so get off your high horse
    Those undead guards are like any npcs in any dig site. Last I checked every expansion since cataclysm has had digsites riddled with hostile mobs.

Deleted
    Those undead guards are like any npcs in any dig site. Last I checked every expansion since cataclysm has had digsites riddled with hostile mobs.
    Most hostile mobs don't allow you to be attacked by players...

Most hostile mobs don't allow you to be attacked by players...
    This comes back to the point that as long as the mobs are hostile to you, there's nearly 0 opposite faction players there and generally lots of your faction due to the WQ up.

They flag you for PvP, and it lets rogues troll you while trying to do Arch by just sapping you to stop you from digging.

It's so niche, I've literally never seen it happen while doing both WQ's and arch... like it's an absolute edge case.

It's so niche, I've literally never seen it happen while doing both WQ's and arch... like it's an absolute edge case.
    Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others...