Arcane Starting Class Spec for Mages below Level 10

I'm for the most part very satisfied with the starting specializations each class got below level 10.

Even druids finally start as balance as of the 7.1 PTR patch

There is only one class starting spec I don't agree with: Frost for Mages.

Arcane
    should definitely be the starting spec for all mages, as arcane is far more iconic than frost.

Druids unlock the celestial alignment bar at level 10 as balance now, and arcane mages could unlock arcane charges at level 10 the same way.
    This gives a sense of progression. Also on level 10, mages could choose to pursue one of the sub-schools of arcane (fire/frost) or devote themselves entirely to the arcane arts.

Please if anybody here feels the same way and has an active account post this on the official forums also. And much obliged to the one who posted the frost death knight double-one-haneded-weapon starter issue It got fixed thanks to our efforts and frost can level properly through the dk starting zone again, as frost dks now get 2 one-handers while questing in and around Acherus and dont have to wait for them till they get to Outland.

Is anyone else confused? I thought they just had baseline spells/abilities for the 10 minutes you spend pre-level 10 and you chose when you hit 10. Are they changing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Is anyone else confused? I thought they just had baseline spells/abilities for the 10 minutes you spend pre-level 10 and you chose when you hit 10. Are they changing this?
    You start as a given spec at level 1 and have the option to change at 10. This has been the case for some time now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    You start as a given spec at level 1 and have the option to change at 10. This has been the case for some time now.
    Must be a 7.0 thing. As before 7.0 my mage started with Frostfire Bolt.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)