Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Sadly this is what bad DPS players want.
    I personally want them to bring back tanking from TBC. That way you wouldn't care about DPS and more about holding threat and not dieing. God I would have hated tanking in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't?
    Unless every fight in WoW is a 30s ST fight.
    It was more of a joke about the holy pallie. That being said, when you have a tank doing amazing dps, 3 good dps and a healing doing 400-500k damage... yeah a dungeon fight is only going to last 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    It's not the only thing, but it's one thing. My point is that we need something that can excel on that also feels like it matters.
    Well then again I think rolling a damage dealer would still be the most viable solution if you actually feel nothing else matters enough although I am not even sure to what extent that would help once you happen to be stuck on a spec that contributes also 20%+ less than the current "top dog" and you might feel insufficient all over again I don't know.
    Anyway I guess blizzard already went once full retard on tank damage in mop and maybe it will come back all over again but I don't think anyone should try to sell that as the better design or as greatly balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, but tanks also had much more survivability. Now all the survivability is gone. Just wait - in two more expansions, you will no longer have tanks. Everyone will be a dps, or a healer.
    Well as a very long term target that's certainly true so retards can enjoy their dogshit weeb mmo fights.

Honestly they should have waited a little bit and did TARGETED nerfs rather than a blanket 10%.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Honestly they should have waited a little bit and did TARGETED nerfs rather than a blanket 10%.
    This or buff the underperforming dps classes. I've seen shock holy paladins compete with certain dps classes on fights. It just feels like some dps classes got the short end of the stick at this point in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    1st. Not all tanks deserved that nerf. Only DHs and DKs had outstanding aoe dps. BrM aoe and st damage was poop, why they got nerfed?
    2nd. They were comparing it to what? Most ranged DPS have botched cleave/aoe abilties and can't perform at all in those areas.
    BRM aoe and ST was EASILY comparable to DH/DK. Paladins do more damage then both DH and DKs easily on AOE. IDK about Warrior but IP is so fucking broken god forbid it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    You think its fair that someone whos role is to tanck an also do the job of a DPS class even betther ?

Balance wise its stupid and it was a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I know it's not true mate but it should be. Tanks shouldnt do much damage at all as we have other classes to do that.
    And yet again, the question is raised - why should the mobs and bosses attack you? Because you say mean things and have a "threatening presence"?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tanks do not outDPS equally geared/skilled DPS and their DPS will only fall behind further the more AP DPS get into their artifact.

Please learn how the game works, not that it matters, uninformed players get the game ruined for people by whining forever.

This expansion is going downhill REAL fast. Do they not learn from their previous mistakes of listening to whiners?
    Someone seems a bit salty because his name isnt right up there on Skada. If you want that then go DPs, its as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sure sure balance isn't an argument but your roleplayer immersion certainly is. Don't need much more of an argument to make other than tanks already being vastly overpowered on any solo content and if it it were up to you also in any kind of pvp content so check your butthurt ego maybe you'll actually stop being retarded.
    Actually, I've never said anything about PvP. The fact that it can be tuned seperately to PvE is one of the best things to happen to this game.

Since you can't provide any reason outside of "they can do things that I can't, mommy!" I have to ask you (again) to check that ego of yours at the door. Friend.

I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    And yet again, the question is raised - why should the mobs and bosses attack you? Because you say mean things and have a "threatening presence"?
    With the added effect of bludgeoning them at half the DPS, real dps do....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The elephant in the room is that tanks are DPS... with threat gen that kept aggro, and mindless tanking skills.

You could EASILY (and still can) take 4 tanks and a healer into dungeons and steamroll the place. Just pull everything.

Tanks should NEVER do more DPS than DPS classes.

25% to 50% sure.

But with that said.. BRING BACK threat... make it a thing. THAT'S what makes it rewarding to tank. Make DPS understand that there are times you DON'T go balls to the wall or you're gonna get one shot and teabagged by an add or the boss.

Dropping threat isn't a thing anymore.. "Oh noes! If I invis I miss a DPS CD... OH NOES!"

Tanks.. seriously going to complain they aren't doing as much DPS as DPS? Really?
    All well in theory, but what this will do is encourage the less skilled players to go back to DPS. Decreasing the available tank pool is not a good move for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is really misinformed. Some tanks do ridiculous damage compared to dps of the same item level around 840. Demon Hunters and Guardian druids in particular. They can mow down trash packs as fast as DPS can while taking no damage.

I posted the same thing on the main WoW forums and got downvoted to hell. I guess people want to be able to bash their heads against the keyboard and win.

DPS has to worry about 1 set of gear. Tanks and Healers have had to work up and keep up 2 sets of gear. That is why they made Tanks and Healers do more damage so they didn't have such a hard time questing and doing non instance stuff in their tank/healing spec.

They design tanks around an AOE approach.........didn't they test this stuff in Alpha/Beta/PTR? Did this really come as a shock to them? Slow down the tanks/leveling and you slow down everything. Anyone with a Tank main is at 110 already and geared as well as they are gonna be for the new raid. What this hurts is all the alts. Anyone leveling a tank alt will either stop and shelf it or just do instances when they need them. When tanks stop queuing for content then the times will drag on.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    or maybe legion has been out less than a month...

NO NO YOURE RIGHT BLIZZ PROB JUST GAVE UP

after less than a month
    Legion has been in beta for over a year though.
    They did of course not just give up but they really aren't doing much about it either and with the artifact system, they can't do much about it without players going nuts when their spec gets nerfed.

They kinda backed themselves into a corner in this expantion.

Tbh when my tank uses the taunt and I hear that stupid new scream I feel like killing him myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    With the added effect of bludgeoning them at half the DPS, real dps do....
    So I say mean things and hit you gently while the mage flings fireballs at your head and you'll attack me for 10 minutes.

Seems legit.

Since you can't provide any reason
    What was your argument even again aside from wuah wuah they deal more deeeps than me ? Maaa roleplaying immersion halps ?

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't?
    Unless every fight in WoW is a 30s ST fight.
    My holy pally healer regularly beats pure DPS on damage. Not because holy pallies are powerful, most DPS either suck or are undergeared.

It's not a balance issue, yet Blizzard are falling over themselves to appease the vocal minority of idiots who don't understand rotations and stat weights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    What was your argument even again aside from wuah wuah they deal more deeeps than me ? Maaa roleplaying immersion halps ?
    Once you can explain why gently hitting someone while saying mean things will compel a boss to attack me for 10 minutes instead of the mage flinging a fireball at his face, perhaps I can take you seriously.

And don't think I haven't noticed how selective your responses are.

Check that ego, friend.

Once you can explain why gently hitting someone while saying mean things will compel a boss to attack me for 10 minutes instead of the mage flinging a fireball at his face, perhaps I can take you seriously.
    And don't think I haven't noticed how selective your responses are.
    sorry I am more concerned about balance and gameplay than your roleplayer feelings and ego. Not sure what you are referring to with the latter part I don't see anything substantial I might have left out. hell I am not even sure why I bother answering your roleplayer bs.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-19 at 09:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I say mean things and hit you gently while the mage flings fireballs at your head and you'll attack me for 10 minutes.

Seems legit.
    You are aware it's a computer game and not real life right?