Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Except you can hold off on activating "Curse of the dreadblades" when you know unavoidable damage is coming, enrage is a purely random proc you have no control over...
    You can hold off on using bloodthirst if an avoidable damage is coming you know

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdinger View Post
    >comparing a core mechanic to fury which is tied to one of our main rotational abilities to a rogue offensive with 1.5m cd

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Except you can hold off on activating "Curse of the dreadblades" when you know unavoidable damage is coming, enrage is a purely random proc you have no control over...
    Yup.

If they really want this mechanic, they could just tie it to something we can control. Say, Odyn's Fury. Add a ''This reckless attack leaves you open to further assaults, increasing damage taken by 30% for 4 seconds'' component to this ability and remove the Enrage penalty. Voilà, the damage penalty is now more flavorful, less penalizing, and under our direct control so we don't get obliterated by other players/raid damage just because we had a burst window proc off a core rotational ability.

And to add to this, at least Outlaw does great DPS across the board in exchange for trading, what, 25-30% of their health on a powerful cooldown every 1.5 minutes?

Okay, so this thread probably answered my question I had. I was trying to avoid leveling as Protection and was currently alternating with Arms. I wanted to know if Fury was better for leveling 100-110 than Arms but it appears this is not the case?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

It is unplayable in pvp. more than one person focuses you, you don't have warpaint, you just gave them an extra 60% damage.

fucking retarded

Imagine having to progress Mythic Blackhand with a Fury Warrior that required all that extra healing, you would just bench the Warrior and take a Rogue. Oh wait that's what happened anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Okay, so this thread probably answered my question I had. I was trying to avoid leveling as Protection and was currently alternating with Arms. I wanted to know if Fury was better for leveling 100-110 than Arms but it appears this is not the case?
    Arms is better because of Victory Rush, even if you get into some nasty shit you can run away and heal with second wind while mobs chasing you, then get back into the action if needed. Fury is ok against single targets but on AOE you tend to get chewed to bits, Arms can just chain Victory Rushes to stay alive forever in that situation.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-19 at 09:26 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Rogues are taking 50% less damage from all AoEs from feint - and can immune anything magic for free with Cloak. Monks are using Touch of Karma. DH is in metamorphsis with leech, Arms warrior is taking reduced damage naturally, Paladins are fighting in their bubble, DKS are hiding in their bubble, Druids are taking 40% less damage, Mages are just ignoring it with caurterize or popping block right as somethign scary hits, Spriests are dispersed, Locks have over 2 million health in bubbles.

While warriors are forced to neuter their DPS, click off their core mechanic(that hurts their DPS even more) all while already bringing subpar DPS and utility to the group. 10/10 suggestion.

There's a reason Fury is going to get turned away from high level Mythic dungeons. They become a MASSIVE mana sponge the second you start stepping into high mythic+ dungeons. Why would I ever want to bring someone who requires 30% more healing when mobs are doing 3-4x as much damage?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Fury is, of the ~15 or so specs I've tried, the worst spec to level with. It's just so damn squishy. It works fine if you kill fast enough, and I expect most of the people who raided in the past with it to come to its defense, but I was VERY disapointed in it. The healing is just so god awful and taking 20%-30% more damage most of the time does *not* help. I went back to prot and simply leveled without an artifact weapon until 102.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-09-19 at 09:31 PM.

Is shitty when you have to suck big damage that happend in raid, also the healers will have to focus more in a fury warrior because of this dumb mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Rogues are taking 50% less damage from all AoEs from feint - and can immune anything magic for free with Cloak. Monks are using Touch of Karma. DH is in metamorphsis with leech, Arms warrior is taking reduced damage naturally, Paladins are fighting in their bubble, DKS are hiding in their bubble, Druids are taking 40% less damage, Mages are just ignoring it with caurterize or popping block right as somethign scary hits, Spriests are dispersed, Locks have over 2 million health in bubbles.

While warriors are forced to neuter their DPS, click off their core mechanic(that hurts their DPS even more) all while already bringing subpar DPS and utility to the group. 10/10 suggestion.

Theirs a reason Fury is going to get turned away from high level Mythic dungeons. They become a MASSIVE mana sponge the second you start stepping into high mythic+ dungeons. Why would I ever want to bring someone who requires 30% more healing when mobs are doing 3-4x as much damage?
    You can't cancel enrage unless it's been recently changed, not enraging on purpose in preparation for big damage is a damage loss to an already mediocre damage class though, and of course it's usually the unexpected damage that causes issues because you can't plan for "oh this this went wrong, now I have to deal with it".. Usually the stuff you can plan for is the easy stuff anyway, Fury is actually decent for that since a well timed enraged regen damage reduction + heal is very powerful burst survival.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Is shitty when you have to suck big damage that happend in raid, also the healers will have to focus more in a fury warrior because of this dumb mechanic
    That is not true, if raid wide damaging mechanic happens, you can just enraged regen and be full life in a matter in seconds even if the healers aren't focusing you

That is not true, if raid wide damaging mechanic happens, you can just enraged regen and be full life in a matter in seconds even if the healers aren't focusing you
    Like the Rot in the first boss of esmeral nightmare? How can I heal myself without hiting something? IF that skill scaled with mastery and were like in the previous expantions the fury spec would be do better in raid

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You can't cancel enrage unless it's been recently changed, not enraging on purpose in preparation for big damage is a damage loss to an already mediocre damage class though, and of course it's usually the unexpected damage that causes issues because you can't plan for "oh this this went wrong, now I have to deal with it".. Usually the stuff you can plan for is the easy stuff anyway, Fury is actually decent for that since a well timed enraged regen damage reduction + heal is very powerful burst survival.
    From what I've seen, the sudden burst of damage just kills you in mythic +8 or so on, unless you're expecting it. Like, Watch a Darkheart Thicket+11 run and Maddening Roar from the bears simply drops everyone to around 20% HP. Rogues end up almost taking nothing while Fury warrior has to be healed for around ~2 million to survive the NEXT roar. That's healing that simply HAS to be done, all while the tank is eating 800k-1kk swings, depending on debuffs. Dresaron's Downdraft is GOING to do ~600k to the group, that's 720k to the fury warrior. Earthquake is GOING to hit its main target for 2 tics, and anyone near for 1. That's an extra 200k-300k healing needed, per at minimum if enrage is active.

That's all easily predictable. You know exactly when it's going to come. And because of enrage, you're going to have to eat an extra ~40k mana just because you're fury. Meanwhile, literally every other class is taking far less, some taking none, and some healing for more than it does. Couple that with no bonus utility and mediocre dps...why would you ever bring a fury warrior to high Mythic+?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Like the Rot in the first boss of esmeral nightmare? How can I heal myself without hiting something? IF that skill scaled with mastery and were like in the previous expantions the fury spec would be do better in raid
    How can you be enraged without hitting something?

Deleted
    Did you know that we have a talent that makes it 20%? Great we can now continue with this number.
    Did you know that enrage is not active 100% of the time? Great we actually don't take this extra damage all the time.
    Did you know that we have about 30% more hp than everybody? Wow 30 - 20 = 10 ! We are actually tankier than most classes !
    Did you know we have a spell called "Commanding shout" ? Wow, we have a raid wide survivability buff !
    Did you know that bloodthirst heals you ? That is 4% of your health every 4 seconds and can restore a millions of health during a fight !
    Did you know we have "Enraged regeneration" ? Oh I've got an idea ! let's use this + Commanding shout at the same time for crazy damage reduction + then heal back up against an unavoidable burst mechanic !
    1- having one mandatory talent isn't good talent design.
    2- you re still taking a lot of damage even outside of enrage, and the DPS increase of enrage isn't worth the debuff.
    3- not sure if serious
    4- not sure if serious²
    5- the healing doesn't compensate for the increaded amount of damage you take during enrage.
    6- cooldown is too long to be relevant in most situations.

Fury is a garbage spec atm, I see no reason to play that spec over all the other melee specs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwinger View Post
    Pointless rant from somebody who obviously has no clue about the game. Imagine if Enrage uptime is 50% (it's higher than that already, and just gonna increase with gear and tiersets). You take 10% (15% with no Warpaint) damage more than others already. For no reason. Spec is bottom tier atm. Why the hell does this ridiculous damage intake exist? Flavor before gameplay? This can't be healthy game design.

I believe those are called "defensive cooldowns". Other classes don't need to take more damage to have them.

Too bad that people already have 2-2.5 KK health, so your MILLIONS is pointless sensationalist bullshit.

See "defensive cooldowns" part.

Seems like somebody doesn't know why tanks dont gem Stam. More health = harder to heal.

I also love talents that are forced down my throat (actually not).

Shit post made by shit player. Shocking.
    Ice cold. Why you do him like dat bruh?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the writing on the wall when they announced the class fantasy and rerolled completely to Frost/Blood DK(gotta have that dual wield somewhere). I had been on the fence, even having tried rerolling mid MoP, but the penalty and Victory Rush combined made it sound awful for PVP and leveling and WQs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad attempt at cognitive dissonance reduction. Noone likes to admit that the spec they invested in isn't the good choice. You can either admit it and start over, just ignore it for now and wait for better times, while being angry, or you can pretend everything is JUST GREAT.

Deleted
    Bloodthirst healing does matter, it's like having 1% hp every seconds or more with good haste (which is your main stat). let's say you have a good 75% enrage uptime, that will make you take 16% more damage overall. After testings, my bloodthirst heals me for 30k per second, this alone nullify the 16% damage taken, until you take more than 188k damage a second (16% of 188k is 30k). So healers may find you more difficult to heal if you take about 200k damage every seconds. So yeah bloodthirst will nullify most of the additional damage on a regular basis, and if a big raid damage is coming that sets everyone low on health, you will easily recover thanks to enraged regen, unlike for example the arms warrior

Deleted
    Bloodthirst healing does matter, it's like having 1% hp every seconds or more with good haste (which is your main stat). let's say you have a good 75% enrage uptime, that will make you take 16% more damage overall. After testings, my bloodthirst heals me for 30k per second, this alone nullify the 16% damage taken, until you take more than 188k damage a second (16% of 188k is 30k). So healers may find you more difficult to heal if you take about 200k damage every seconds. So yeah bloodthirst will nullify most of the additional damage on a regular basis, and if a big raid damage is coming that sets everyone low on health, you will easily recover thanks to enraged regen, unlike for example the arms warrior
    Or, as arm warrior, you could just take the second wind talent on a damage heavy encounter and/or use victory rush, while doing awesome DPS (which the fury war doesn't do) without taking more damage.

Enraged regen has a 2 minute cooldown. What's your solution for the remaining cooldown?