Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Tulsa Polic Shoot Unarmed Black Man with Hands Up.

There is dashcam footage and helicopter footage of the incident. Even the chopper pilot said to use a taser but the cop doesn't. The cop that pulled the trigger is most likely going in for murder. It was in response to a broken down vehicle, nothing else. My question is, why did they need 4 cop cars for an "abandoned vehicle" call?

Warning Graphic in the videos.
    http://thegrio.com/2016/09/19/video-...-tulsa-police/

Just going to post the link so people don't watch it if they don't want to.

Why can't people listen to police? There's 2-4 officers aiming pistols at you why not take them seriously?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why can't people listen to police? There's 2-4 officers aiming pistols at you why not take them seriously?
    some people want to die and blame others for their actions.

We don't know if the cop was ordering him back to his SUV or not, but 1 cop tased him and the other cop shot him. The cop that shot him is probably going to jail. Even if you don't comply with cops, that doesn't mean you can execute them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Personally, I think that a cop who uses lethal force against an unarmed person is a worthless s.o.b.

If someone is unarmed and yet still causing trouble, taze them, mace them, even maybe start using tranquilizer darts. But if some thug in blue actually shoots an unarmed person, the law should be thus: automatically fired and charged with 2nd degree murder.

hopefully the guy didn't die I don't want to see another city burn't to the ground by "protestors" aka rioters who want to loot and use these shootings as a way to loot and cause chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    hopefully the guy didn't die I don't want to see another city burn't to the ground by "protestors" aka rioters who want to loot and use these shootings as a way to loot and cause chaos.
    He was pronounced dead already. And if you watched the video, the cops weren't doing ANY lifesaving measures after shooting him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    Says Fatal Shooting so yeah he didn't make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The helicopter circles around the car when the guy drops so it's hard to see exactly what happened but 4 officers on one guy does not look good at all. Why did they allow him to walk over to his car if that wasn't what was ordered? I wonder if the initial officer had the taser? He should have tased him the second he refused to stop and kept walking to his car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title of the article (and thread) is misleading. He did not have his hands up when he was shot and from the chopper footage, seems to be reaching into his SUV. There also seems to be something at his feet after he fell that could be a firearm. The video's a bit blurry, though, so it's hard to tell. If he was unarmed and not reaching into the vehicle as it appears, he should have been tasered. But go for a weapon, you've earned your lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The helicopter circles around the car when the guy drops so it's hard to see exactly what happened but 4 officers on one guy does not look good at all.
    He was a big boy. And the first officer was a woman. It's common (and logical) for multiple officers to be present at any give crime scene.

Why did they allow him to walk over to his car if that wasn't what was ordered? I wonder if the initial officer had the taser? He should have tased him the second he refused to stop and kept walking to his car.
    The first officer, as I mentioned, was a woman. She was probably scared shitless. He was a big guy and if she missed, the taser malfunctioned or had little effect, her life would be in peril.

But there isn't enough info to go on quite yet.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-09-20 at 03:16 AM.

The helicopter circles around the car when the guy drops so it's hard to see exactly what happened but 4 officers on one guy does not look good at all. Why did they allow him to walk over to his car if that wasn't what was ordered? I wonder if the initial officer had the taser? He should have tased him the second he refused to stop and kept walking to his car.
    One officer tased him as the other one, the woman cop, shot him. So if she was reacting to him being tased, she's going to jail for the rest of her life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    One officer tased him as the other one, the woman cop, shot him. So if she was reacting to him being tased, she's going to jail for the rest of her life.
    Eh, paid vacation at worst. Calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Title of the article (and thread) is misleading. He did not have his hands up when he was shot and from the chopper footage, seems to be reaching into his SUV. There also seems to be something at his feet after he fell that could be a firearm. The video's a bit blurry, though, so it's hard to tell. If he was unarmed and not reaching into the vehicle as it appears, he should have been tasered. But go for a weapon, you've earned your lead.
    Did you read the article?
    And I quote:
    “I’m going to tell you right now, there was no gun on the suspect or in the suspect’s vehicle,” Police Chief Chuck Jordan said at a press conference Monday afternoon. “I want to assure our community and I want to assure all of you and people across the nation watching this: We will achieve justice.”
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Eh, paid vacation at worst. Calling it now.
    She is currently on paid leave, but the video is pretty damning evidence of why she should be under arrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching from the other angle it's even harder because the dark trees really blur the image but it does seem like that may have happened. The cops are so calm all with weapons fixed on him. Through the mess you don't really see the guy make any sudden movements so I reckon it was tase, somebody had their finger on the trigger and got startled. We'll have to see though these cameras are potato quality

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you read the article?
    I watched the video. The article was on a sketchy site. But it did look like he was reaching into the vehicle. Will have to wait until more info is available. Justice should be served accordingly.

Watching from the other angle it's even harder because the dark trees really blur the image but it does seem like that may have happened. The cops are so calm all with weapons fixed on him. Through the mess you don't really see the guy make any sudden movements so I reckon it was tase, somebody had their finger on the trigger and got startled. We'll have to see though these cameras are potato quality
    Yep, just another reason that all officers need body cams of some sort. But even with the 2 angles, it seems like this cop is going to be done.

Site doesnt show a video to me but if they truely shot him with his hands straight up then ya its a bad shooting and they need to be charged. also @op no need to post race
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually watching more carefully just makes this even more suspect. Listen at 2:04 at you hear the shot ring out, the guy looks like he had just placed his hands on the vehicle, you then see his hands drop, other 2 officers take position, and he finally drops at 2:14.

Fucked up. Man was being an idiot but cop didn't need to shoot him. Nice tazering or tackle would have been sufficient.

Feel bad for anyone whose house or business is burned or looted because of this. Or officers in other cities/states that get killed over this even though they didn't have anything to do with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    “I’m going to tell you right now, there was no gun on the suspect or in the suspect’s vehicle,” Police Chief Chuck Jordan said at a press conference Monday afternoon. “I want to assure our community and I want to assure all of you and people across the nation watching this: We will achieve justice.”

Interesting quote from the Chief. It reads kind of aggressively, like he knows one of his officers royally fucked up.