Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Actually, because of Artifact Knowledge, refunding artifact power right now will have very little long-term effect. The 20-40k AP that you throw to the wind today will be meaningless once you're earning AP 4000% faster and traits cost 10x that amount. It's way better to just sort of the path early.
    No it's not. That is my point. By the time we get 4000% increase we already have all our traits and are just pouring it into the general upgrade. (Forgot the name)

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    in a game.. for kids
    How is this a game for kids? Kids might play it or people may act like kids in it but it isn't made for kids.

in a game.. for kids
    This might have been more true 10 years ago (although WoW has always been a game with a large adult playerbase) but I'd hazard to guess that the majority of players now are adults who played the RTS games when they were kids and grew up over the past 12 years with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    It is absolutely not too expensive.

We are talking about 2-3 days to a maximum of ~ one lockout to get that AP back. ANd how far are you behind? One TRAIT. Thats a miniscule DPS gain, even if the point is amazingly strong. And you will get it one week later.

Much ado about nothing...
    Then why is there a cost at all?????

OP... just leave the point... it's better to just grind out another point and put it where you want. Rather than lose that AP by paying to respec.

When you think about it, respeccing is stupid... the cost to respec is the same as juts putting the next point where you want it goes.

I agree that some people MAY get well into their weapon and realize that maybe they should have went more AoE instead of Single target, etc... but MEH... it's only a day or so til a person hits max level and it won't matter that much.

I am in a situation where I was going to raid, but turns out they changed the raid Schedule a week before the raids start. I pumped all my AP into MM hunter, but now that I'm not able to attend to the raids, I want to go for mythic+, which means I have to switch to BM hunter for the heavy aoe damage. This kind of blows, as I'd have to farm like 40k AP to refund..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    I am in a situation where I was going to raid, but turns out they changed the raid Schedule a week before the raids start. I pumped all my AP into MM hunter, but now that I'm not able to attend to the raids, I want to go for mythic+, which means I have to switch to BM hunter for the heavy aoe damage. This kind of blows, as I'd have to farm like 40k AP to refund..
    What? You can't switch artifact power between artifacts, you need to farm 40k AP and put it in your BM artifact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    @Jewsco:

If you read the OP you'd know that it was obviously not my own fault.

The whole "Well just keep leveling, and don't reset!!!" posts are so stupid.

Let's say I am a Fire Mage, I just got two of my Golden Traits and the next trait costs 30600 AP.

Now, I accidentally misskill. It would cost 39520 AP to reset. But I don't.

I keep pushing on to my final Golden Trait. I reach it, and it costs 82500 AP. In total: 30600+39520+50880+64800+82500=268300

Now, how much would it have costed if I actually reset my traits? 64800 AP. In total: 30600+39520+39520+50880+64800=225320

I mean, yes, surely, I would have to get the trait I misskilled into earlier anyway, at some point, but Golden Traits are ALWAYS worth more than normal traits (usually, might be some exceptions)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhazzyTV View Post
    Sooo..... first of there is no confirmation required to spec a trait so missclicking or having a big fat Maine Coon thinking it's a nice thing to put her fat ass on my mouse "confirming" a shit trait (No joke). To then find myself in the position where refunding the trait COSTs 100% equal ammount of what my next trait would cost. Which makes the refund system completely useless unless you refund super duper early on. And no, GM's won't refund it I tried :P

Why is the refund system requiring you to spend that much points, I know we get the researches making the refund "seem less" but that means it'll take at least a week before that refunded trait puts you on par with how you'd be if you didn't refund as you'll eventually have all traits either way.
    I'm about to refund my Rogues tonight, which is going to set me back 30k. I'm fairly sure it's an upgrade as well, not even 100%. It's pretty punishing Can't say it's unjustified though, I mean it adds a grind back to WoW and makes you think more about the decision you're making.

Sooo..... first of there is no confirmation required to spec a trait so missclicking or having a big fat Maine Coon thinking it's a nice thing to put her fat ass on my mouse "confirming" a shit trait (No joke). To then find myself in the position where refunding the trait COSTs 100% equal ammount of what my next trait would cost. Which makes the refund system completely useless unless you refund super duper early on. And no, GM's won't refund it I tried :P

Why is the refund system requiring you to spend that much points, I know we get the researches making the refund "seem less" but that means it'll take at least a week before that refunded trait puts you on par with how you'd be if you didn't refund as you'll eventually have all traits either way.
    Because if you refund it, you will have to farm another trait, basically, one more thing to do.
    Its what everybody was asking in WoD, things to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The price is so high that the system should not even exist, lest someone accidentally uses it.
    retribution paladins was going straight to a golden trait and then bank all the AP gained, so after leveling, they refund cheaper and go to the "max level path".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Because if you refund it, you will have to farm another trait, basically, one more thing to do.
    Its what everybody was asking in WoD, things to do.
    Had to spent 10k to reset my Shadow Priest.

I really dont get why there is not at least 1 free refund.

I get that Blizzard does not want people to change artifact traits between bosses but surely there were alternative solutions to prevent people who simply misplaced traits to get a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Which is any different then how things like this have always worked in game?.
    Point me a time b4 legion you had any lock out on any mistake. Re-spec took second and costed only a few gold in WoD so I don<t get were youve ever experienced any mistake lock out in WoW previous legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    How is this a game for kids?
    A story that's 50% retcon'd New Testament, featuring a green Jesus Christ and elves.

I'd say guess, but we both know that you already know the answer. If you were a little more confident in your own maturity, it might not rub you the wrong way to acknowledge the silliness of our hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    ALWAYS worth more than normal traits (usually, might be some exceptions)
    Quality. lmao
    Last edited by shrunken; 2016-09-20 at 01:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    a big fat Maine Coon
    Pics please!

@Jewsco:

If you read the OP you'd know that it was obviously not my own fault.
    How is it not your fault if you want the perfect build yet you didn't look it up?
    And as I and many have told you unless you are on a world first raid progression team not having the perfect build is no big deal.
    It isn't totally like the old talent tree where we didn't have enough points to fill up every talent choice. One will eventually fill in thier whole artifact power, and get the last hidden trait by doing so, so it isn't that big of deal to have points not perfectly placed unless like stated you a world first raider.

- - - Updated - - -

A story that's 50% retcon'd New Testament, featuring a green Jesus Christ and elves.

I'd say guess, but we both know that you already know the answer. If you were a little more confident in your own maturity, it might not rub you the wrong way to acknowledge the silliness of our hobby.

Quality. lmao

So then Christianity itself is for kids or any hobby for that matter?
    Seems you like to think yourself better than everyone else.
    Showing your maturity by resulting to insults I see too.
    Sad the game seems to attract people like you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Point me a time b4 legion you had any lock out on any mistake. Re-spec took second and costed only a few gold in WoD so I don<t get were youve ever experienced any mistake lock out in WoW previous legion.
    Love how you cherry pick and misquote me there.
    It isn't different from how the game has always been that builds like this always had a perfect build and one had to look it up as I said if you used my whole quote but nice try there.
    If you want to be perfect one always had to go outside game and show me an instance when that was t the case.

I kinda wish they have refund cooldown maybe weekly per character? Using AP refund is bad and dumb as hell for hefty price if your gone further... just plain stupid bascially it's a waste of more times.

Its kind of dumb, especially now where like 21 traits in you would have all your best traits and the only reason you wouldn't is if you misclicked or didn't know the traits you took were garbage. Its just really punishing. I say that as someone who would never bother to respec my artifact even if it was free because I've done my research and took all the best traits.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Had to spent 10k to reset my Shadow Priest.

I really dont get why there is not at least 1 free refund.

I get that Blizzard does not want people to change artifact traits between bosses but surely there were alternative solutions to prevent people who simply misplaced traits to get a reset.
    One free respec a day would solve most of that.
    Can't respec between bosses, but allows you to fix errors or test different paths.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I am more concerned about relic slots, you could need more aoe or more defensive traits on some encounters but you'll lose your main relic by doing so, there should be a reagent to allow relic to be removed without getting destroyed
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    No they aren't, they're telling you to choose a path and commit to it.. like an adult.
    That is hilarious. It's a games, not some pseudo reference to the choices you make in real life.