Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    There are so many different ways of gearing it is a miracle if you arn't ~850 geared yet.
    841, so I stopped reading your post here.

Its not very good gear. If you are actually 850 you are lucky to be so or have spent WAY more effort than you are admitting to.
    Either way, 850 is normal ilvl. In 2 weeks it will be considered undergeared.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Like others have said, it doesn't matter in the slightest that the current gear cap is "easy" to get. If everyone is running in full Mythic gear in a few weeks, we can return to the topic.

High ilvl=/= good gear. It's good that everyone can get shitty high ilvl gear easily so that they can actually join pugs.

Deleted
    ...the vast majority of players should be 110 atm...
    Well, I'm afraid that the WoW enviroment you are playing in makes it impossible to understand what having several million players actually means. "The vast majority of players" is not level 110 yet. For example my heroic raiding guild had 180 max level players (Unique Players) in the end of WoD. Now we have 80 level 110's. Similar numbers everywhere. Go check WoWProgress if you don't believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I completly disagree, here is why:

Been 840+ for over a week, not seen any WQ reward above 835 yet. Not once.

Cleared every HC many times, ONCE I got a 840item, rest of the times only 825 BUT very rarely even that. Less than 10% drop chance of a gear.

Same here, gotten ONE 845 gear, and very rarely the 840s.

This require Prestige 1. I have honor level 5 and I've done like 10 bgs. This takes FOREVER.

Good for rich people. I have 60k in total on my account. I simply can't afford anything, lots of others are poor too.
    your own fault ... you can make 25-100k per hour by just running arround mining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I don't think you thought this through.
    Most people here don't. They just get an idea in their head and come vomit out a whinefest topic, just like this one.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I always take my time at the beginning of an expansion to read everything and explore. That I got two characters to 110 this fast is probably a record for me.

But they're 823 and 793 so I guess I'm a miracle. Sweet.

nah I don't care about it being purple, hell everyone could have as many purples as they like.

The big difference that I am seeing compared to previous expansions is the fact that now we are starting off with almost full normal gear whereas before the average gear level was ~15 item levels under normal.

Yet in the end we are geared the same for every first raid tier as before. One ran heroics, hoped for world drops or bought world drops and made gear to be at the same place we are at now. You are making a big deal about ilevel and that doesn't matter. What matters is the proper stats for ones spec, tier sets and good trinkets. Or did you miss that. One could always make thier ilevel look better than what thier gear actually is. Forget ilevel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    It may be easy if you have no life and play for 4 to 6 hours a day.

For normal people its going to take weeks and months to get to i850
    Or once the raids drop they will easily get beyond that and 850 will be bad.

Deleted
    Been 840+ for over a week, not seen any WQ reward above 835 yet. Not once.
    Normal world quests give up to 835, dungeon world quests give up to 840, I have gotten 5+ items from that yet

Cleared every HC many times, ONCE I got a 840item, rest of the times only 825 BUT very rarely even that. Less than 10% drop chance of a gear.
    Entirely possible, heroics arnt the main source of damage

Same here, gotten ONE 845 gear, and very rarely the 840s.
    You have done 3 weeks worth of mythic clears, meaning 24 (and more likely 26) and have only ever gotten 1 845? I somehow highly doubt this. I have done the same and have like ~8 850 pieces, a friend of mine has even more.

This require Prestige 1. I have honor level 5 and I've done like 10 bgs. This takes FOREVER.
    This is just flat out wrong, I don't have prestige 1 and I have gotten 10+ of the quests that give either a 840 relic or 840 armor piece.
    Having said that, honor farming is indeed a bitch, but doing 2-3 pvp world quests daily is a really good way to get high pvp level if you care about it.

Good for rich people. I have 60k in total on my account. I simply can't afford anything, lots of others are poor too.
    Especially with how much pots/flasks/runes are going for, being poor is just a consequence of being lazy, even if you cba with playing AH it is very easy to farm with gathering proffs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    It may be easy if you have no life and play for 4 to 6 hours a day.

For normal people its going to take weeks and months to get to i850
    Ignoring the jab at my social life, you really dont need to play 4 hours a day to clear 8 mythics in a week

Deleted
    It's easy to get high ilvl gear, but it's hard to get the gear with the right stats. That's why we see so many 99k dps warlocks in mythics, and why they get insta kicked afterwards.

This pops up every expansion.

People said gear was too easy to get in TBC due to Kara and then ZA. Some complained about badges and PvP gear, too.
    People said gear was too easy to get in WotLK due to badges (thanks to LFD) and later the ICC 5 mans.
    People said gear was too easy to get in Cata due to badges and then the DS 5 mans and LFR.
    People said gear was too easy to get in MoP due to LFR.
    People said gear was too easy to get in WoD due to garrisons.
    Now people say gear is too east to get due to world quests.

Every expansion someone makes that statement. Is it true? Unless you missed the other expansions, I'd say no. It's an illusion which Blizzard's notorious for. They change things around to make it look like they changed it but they ultimately did nothing. The original xp system in vanilla beta is one of the first times Blizzard did that. Back then, you didn't get rested xp. You actually got less xp due to not being rested and rested xp gave you the full amount. People said it felt bad so Blizzard doubled the xp needed to level, had normal xp be 100%, and rested xp grant 200%. In the end, nothing changed. Artifacts are similar. Blizzard could have had artifact knowledge reduce the amount of AP needed per level while leaving how much AP we get per item alone instead and the system would be the same as it is now. Scaling tech is also another illusion. Sure, you can pick whatever zone you want to level in but in the end it doesn't matter because you still have to do every zone to unlock world quests anyway. So does it matter if we level through zones in any order (which is still largely dictated by professions and class quests anyway) or if we leveled in the zones in a set order?

Blizzard and the players are pretty good at coming up with fabricated problems that don't exist. If you think there's a problem, look back at previous expansions. Chances are it's not new and we've always dealt with it in the past. Only thing that's changed in recent years is that Blizzard's creating and actually acting upon fabricated problems like removing flying and now shoving people into PvP. Before, they used to just change it but didn't. Now they're changing it to change it.

Also remember, the players have no one to blame but themselves for gear being too easy to acquire. Players wanted more avenues to get gear. Blizzard gave us that. Players then wanted dungeons to remain relevant the entire expansion. Blizzard gave us that. By doing that, then dailies/world quests also have to remain relevant. Which effectively means you can get pretty good gear without doing a raid. But do remember, raids will still be the only way to get tier gear so you still can't get the best gear in any other content. The players asked for this and they gave it. But it was also similar to dailies, rep, and gear in MoP. Blizzard removed the daily cap in MoP and gated gear behind reps. Players became overloaded as a result. So how fast will players be overloaded by the number of world quests they do to get gear? Ultimately, players will just gravitate back to raids just to have that weekly cooldown on having to do something. It effectively gives them a break. The new system is nice for now, but people won't stick with it just because it'll be too much to keep up with. Doing a world quest hoping for an upgrade only to get a horrible downgrade will cause many to just drop world quests like a sack of bricks. Same with dungeons. Yeah, many will still do that content, but many will end up skipping it.

It has always been extremely easy to get gear since wotlk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Well, I'm afraid that the WoW enviroment you are playing in makes it impossible to understand what having several million players actually means. "The vast majority of players" is not level 110 yet. For example my heroic raiding guild had 180 max level players (Unique Players) in the end of WoD. Now we have 80 level 110's. Similar numbers everywhere. Go check WoWProgress if you don't believe me.
    How many of those in wod were alts though?

Also telling someone to ''go find information that contradicts him'' is pretty bad arguing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    This pops up every expansion.

People said gear was too easy to get in TBC due to Kara and then ZA. Some complained about badges and PvP gear, too.
    People said gear was too easy to get in WotLK due to badges (thanks to LFD) and later the ICC 5 mans.
    People said gear was too easy to get in Cata due to badges and then the DS 5 mans and LFR.
    People said gear was too easy to get in MoP due to LFR.
    People said gear was too easy to get in WoD due to garrisons.
    Now people say gear is too east to get due to world quests.

Please tell me which of these mechanics were present at the very start of the expansion..... and there goes your argument

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Most people here don't. They just get an idea in their head and come vomit out a whinefest topic, just like this one.
    Still have yet to hear a good argument outside of ''qq I don't have that high ilevel because im shit & can't do mythics''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Yet in the end we are geared the same for every first raid tier as before.
    Except, as I have said time and time again, this time we are full normal gear whereas in previous instances we were -15 ilevels from normal mode gear, please read my post again and then reply.

Having said that, obviously having the right stats matters over ilevel, but that really doesn't invalidate my point in any way, if you have an 840 ilevel piece that is better than an 850 one, your gear is even better, regardless of item level, I don't see how this was different than previous expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    It's easy to get high ilvl gear, but it's hard to get the gear with the right stats. That's why we see so many 99k dps warlocks in mythics, and why they get insta kicked afterwards.
    100k dps is pretty passable, so kicking people for that (especially if they are an underpowered class like warlock) is a pretty dick move, having said that, ilevel =/= gear so I really don't see how this invalidates my point in anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I always take my time at the beginning of an expansion to read everything and explore. That I got two characters to 110 this fast is probably a record for me.

But they're 823 and 793 so I guess I'm a miracle. Sweet.
    Sorry, I should have phrased it more carefully it is a miracle if you are trying to actively gear yourself for raids, not if you have entirely different objectives in the game like you do (which is obviously fine as well, everyone has to do what they enjoy)

Were you upset that in WoD people had 630 ilvl when raids opened? Because 850 is the new 630. At this point in time it's not supposed to be a difficult hurdle to be ready for entry level raiding.

No, because 850 gear is trash. /thread.

Deleted
    Pretty clearly a badly disguised brag post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Were you upset that in WoD people had 630 ilvl when raids opened? Because 850 is the new 630. At this point in time it's not supposed to be a difficult hurdle to be ready for entry level raiding.
    The big difference is (you really should try reading replies in the thread as opposed to just the OP) is that in wod 630 was 25 ilevels below normal highmaul gear, in legion we are now geared equal to normal emerald dream. I hope you understand how that might be a problem for:
    a. people who raid normal mode, they have very little gear incentive to clear the place
    b. people who raid heroic because if they are skilled enough they can just breeze through it, because instances are usually quite easy if you are almost fully geared in the previous tier of instance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Pretty clearly a badly disguised brag post.
    Pretty clearly a badly disguised shitpost

Imo there is a difference between casual and just people who don't have a lot of time, the vast majority of players should be 110 atm, espec because leveling is quite easy
    As respectfully as possible: You really don't understand the demographics of the game. The 'vast majority' of players aren't dedicating nearly as much time as you think.